Forums » Support

New Message to acknowledge..

• 12 posts
    March 11, 2017 6:48 PM PST

I just got a new message to acknowledge, and I have to say, I am not to happy with it.

"you agree that any Pledge amounts applied against the Pledge Item Cost and the Game Cost shall be non-refundable regardless of whether or not VR is able to complete and deliver the Game and/or the pledge items."

Did you guys really just go add a warning that we cannot get a refund if you don't even deliver the game?  

• 1521 posts
    March 11, 2017 6:52 PM PST

That was there a long time ago, when I subbed. Don't think anything changed. Nothing guaranteed by our DONATION. 

• 1361 posts
    March 11, 2017 7:12 PM PST

That has been there since I've joined up 3 years ago

• 1086 posts
    March 11, 2017 7:45 PM PST

Thats how donating/crowd-funding works :) It's not a "pre-order" its you puting forward a certain amount of money to help towards the goal of making this game.

This post was edited by Rachael at March 12, 2017 12:56 AM PST
    • 62 posts
    March 11, 2017 7:46 PM PST

It's called a DONATION, not a Maybenation....

• 661 posts
    March 11, 2017 8:23 PM PST

It is so they don't go completely broke trying to make our game for us, it protects them in a very risky situation.  We are basically paying for their efforts to build our dream game for us in hopes that it can be completed as scheduled.  There is a great deal of trust...

• 6632 posts
    March 11, 2017 10:14 PM PST

This is a standard message that was implemented long ago, it is standard practice to ensure there is a disclaimer to remind people that the pledge and subscription purchases are donations/digital purchases and not investments, this is very important to explain as they are very different things legally and they need to be clearly separated.

I have moved this to Support as it relates to accounts/disclaimers/pledges, if anyone has an issue they are welcome to submit a support ticket to speak further about their accounts and transactions and as always, no one is forced to pledge or subscribe but to those who do, thank you, it helps us out with development costs and keeps us moving forward, we appreciate it a lot :)

• 119 posts
    March 12, 2017 5:19 PM PDT

Do you guys have the ability to make a one-off donation?  I'm already a VIP, but I'd love to be able to toss you guys a couple of bucks every once in a while without comitting to another pledge level.  

And yes, as others have mentioned, it's a pledge/donation, not an investment.  There are no smoke and mirrors here.

• 6632 posts
    March 13, 2017 5:56 AM PDT

itvar said:

Do you guys have the ability to make a one-off donation?  I'm already a VIP, but I'd love to be able to toss you guys a couple of bucks every once in a while without comitting to another pledge level.  

And yes, as others have mentioned, it's a pledge/donation, not an investment.  There are no smoke and mirrors here.

That is a very kind gesture, Itvar, I think we may have something like that for individual cases but nothing automated, if you are interested it would be best to submit a support ticket and let the team know your intentions, then they will be able to help you further :)

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/support/

• 141 posts
    March 20, 2017 10:32 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

itvar said:

That is a very kind gesture, Itvar, I think we may have something like that for individual cases but nothing automated, if you are interested it would be best to submit a support ticket and let the team know your intentions, then they will be able to help you further :)

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/support/

I support Ivtar's idea... it occurs to me that a virtual "cookie jar" of sorts would be great for some of us who already are pledges....... the other weekend as I was begrudgingly throwing away money in a cash shop to "try out" a temporary game to sustain me.... I realized it would be better spent being "donated" to Pantheon.... (ooo.. or what if we did a "donate all our junk food money" challenge.... I'd do that too...(you know.. to offset all the sitting once Pantheon does come out)!!....  Maybe us members need to figure out a way to do it on our own... set one up somewhere... and then just send the "cookie jar" to Pantheon when it gets full :)

Mod Edit: Added extra line so I could remove broken quoted post, which was a double post :)

This post was edited by Kilsin at March 20, 2017 6:27 PM PDT