Forums » Pantheon Races

Evil or not

• 319 posts
    March 7, 2017 10:04 AM PST

I tried the search but did not find an answer to my question. Is there a way to find out which race is evil and which are not. Will we need to wait for bets to find out who or what race city we can visit. I know lore is always a question but if I as a skar went into an elf city will I need to resew my head back on?? Etc

• 595 posts
    March 7, 2017 10:11 AM PST

From the FAQ:

4.6 Are races going to have specific factions at creation and will there be instances where an evil race character can’t run to a good city?

Yes. While there are some nuances to faction and alignment adjustment, evil races such as the Ogre, Skar, and Dark Myr will have a hard time getting close to good race cities. This is not set in stone, however, as you can adjust your faction and alignment through your actions in the game world.

• 8 posts
    March 7, 2017 10:29 AM PST

So, I could create a Dwarven Paladin and make him really, really bad?  Like a fallen angel...  I guess then no one would like him. I'll have to start an outcast colony!

• 2886 posts
    March 7, 2017 11:14 AM PST

Isaya said:

I tried the search but did not find an answer to my question. Is there a way to find out which race is evil and which are not. Will we need to wait for bets to find out who or what race city we can visit. I know lore is always a question but if I as a skar went into an elf city will I need to resew my head back on?? Etc

Here is a quote from Kilsin regarding this from this thread: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/4791/pv-p-open-or-faction-locked

Kilsin said:

Sevens said:

Original lore (not sure if its still in effect) you had 3 factions of 3 races each IIRC

Ogres, Myr, and Trolls (Skaar) Evil

Humans, Archai, and Gnomes Neuts

Elves, Dwarves, and Halflings  Goods

You have a good memory man, but we actually scrapped that idea, we had intended on using that grouping to only have a few starting areas but now we are making one for each race, so it is back to being open and not locked to specific groups. :)

So basically, it is a lot more in-depth than just "evil or not". Each race is their own entity with their own faction and standing. It's not unilateral. So just as an example, it's technically possible that Elves like the Archai and Gnomes like the Archai. But Elves don't like the Gnomes. I'd also add that it's not as simple as Like or Dislike. There are multiple degrees in between. By default, there may be a race that is "dubious" or "apprehensive" toward you. They may not attack you right away, but if you stick around too long or step out of line at all, things may take a turn for the worse. We have not been told exactly how each of the races view each other, but this is probably something that will be known in Pre-Alpha. I think it's very safe to assume that Skar would be KOS to Elves however.

Raviss said:

So, I could create a Dwarven Paladin and make him really, really bad?  Like a fallen angel...  I guess then no one would like him. I'll have to start an outcast colony!

Theoretically I suppose.

From the FAQ: "changing your factions so NPCs will react differently to you -- this is all key to the game -- our faction system will be quite robust. Yes, you could betray your home or default factions."

I doubt no one would like you - perhaps people that didn't like you before would start to like you, depending on what actions you take. It would probably be a difficult journey though.

This post was edited by Bazgrim at March 7, 2017 11:22 AM PST
    • 30 posts
    September 2, 2017 12:59 AM PDT

I wont be staying as a player if factions and alignments aren't a major in this game.  I do not want a poltical correct game.  I left EQ2 for that very reason of only having two sides.

This post was edited by rencil at September 2, 2017 2:14 AM PDT