Forums » Guild Office

Faceless [Hardcore Raiding]

• 69 posts
    February 26, 2017 12:16 AM PST

Faceless is a competitive raiding guild which has maintained a major presence in the Everquest community for the last eight years. Our goal has always been to tackle the hardest content and to do it better and faster than anyone before us. On the Everquest Progression servers we've set many world record kill times including Lord Nagafen (40 hours), Lady Vox (44 hours), Phinigel Autropos (54 hours 20 minutes), Cazic Thule (108 hours, 28 minutes) Eye of Veeshan (Classic Completion - 9 days, 6 hours 8 minutes), and Kunark Completion (4 days, 4 hours 38 minutes). Keeping with this tradition we've claimed over 60 server first kills in addition to waking the Sleeper on two separate servers and completing all Everquest raid content from Classic through Underfoot  (16 expansions!).

For the Pantheon launch we are looking for players who are serious about pushing for world first raid kills and being the absolute best of the best. Our preference is to recruit members who who will have ultra high playtime on launch or are able to burn some vacation time for Pantheon release. Expect to be in a static group (a premade group which will stay together from start until max level) that plays for 12, 16 or 20+ hours per day until all raids available at launch are completed.

If raids are uninstanced open world encounters then we will maintain the ability to mobilize around the clock to pursue raid mobs in all time zones. With that said we are an international guild with players everywhere from America to Europe to Asia.

Lord Nagafen - Fastest/Lowest level kill ever

Lady Vox - Fastest/Lowest level kill ever

Phinigel Autropos - Fastest kill ever

Cazic Thule - Fastest kill ever

Innoruuk - Fastest MoTM kill ever

Eye of Veeshan - Fastest Classic Completion ever

Phara Dar - Fastest Kunark Expansion Completion ever (Twice)

If you're looking for a guild that will thrive in competitive environments and maintain composure even when pressured by other guilds look no further.

We’re committed to progressing through all available raid content as efficiently as possible and creating an organization where players can achieve the old school sense of guild camaraderie they had in classic EQ. Our focused and goal oriented mindset has made us a fierce competitor and successful raiding guild across various MMORPG’s and of course, on EQlive and several EQemu servers.

Many of our raids are recorded and uploaded onto youtube for posterity; some of our videos have even been featured on CNN, Kotaku and PC Gamer as seen here:

http://kotaku.com/the-surprising-and-allegedly-impossible-death-of-everqu-1785741600

http://www.pcgamer.com/10-of-the-toughest-mmo-raid-bosses-ever/#

Here are some samples of what it’s like to be a member Faceless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njwTXJwi09o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8q8fqq2m2hI&t

What does it take to become a member of Faceless?
    • A positive attitude toward hard work and progression
    • The ability to work well with others
    • The ability to react on the fly and approach encounters dynamically
    • In depth knowledge of your chosen class
    • Experience with end game raiding
    • The drive to be the best player you can be

If this sounds like the guild for you then post here, or apply on our forums at www.FacelessGaming.org

This post was edited by Zaide at November 1, 2017 3:56 AM PDT
    • 6 posts
    February 28, 2017 3:24 AM PST

This seems like the only guild with a competitive focus. the Message is clear, here to win, and IMHO it's what this game will need.

This post was edited by DisgruntldGhost at February 28, 2017 3:59 AM PST
    • 69 posts
    March 1, 2017 3:46 AM PST

Welcome to the team DG, glad to have you.

• 11 posts
    March 1, 2017 7:03 PM PST

Swag

• 157 posts
    March 2, 2017 8:54 AM PST

Ooo faceless.. I had the pleasure on Lockjaw I believe?.. I was one of those guys 18 boxing with a bunch of mages and wizards. Raided with you a couple times, but I didn't stick around long. These guys don't play around. They'll be turning Pantheon into their full time jobs and will take everything from everyone.

I say welcome, and turn up the heat :D

• 69 posts
    March 2, 2017 1:25 PM PST

Lokispawn said:

Ooo faceless.. I had the pleasure on Lockjaw I believe?.. I was one of those guys 18 boxing with a bunch of mages and wizards. Raided with you a couple times, but I didn't stick around long. These guys don't play around. They'll be turning Pantheon into their full time jobs and will take everything from everyone.

I say welcome, and turn up the heat :D

Thanks for the welcome Loki, glad to see some familiar faces! I don't think these other guilds are ready but rest assured we're going to come even harder than we did on Lockjaw.

This post was edited by Zaide at March 2, 2017 1:27 PM PST
    • 28 posts
    March 2, 2017 4:37 PM PST

Yep, I was with Faceless briefly on Lockjaw and was in the first Nag kill. I'd have to log in though to recall my name there. Wasn't sure if it was this one, Cennyin, Besmear, or some other. Was a Magician. They'll get the job done though . I only left (to the other server when it came out briefly, then for good) because even progression EQ wasn't close enough to the original to me. To many memories.

Decided to wait for Pantheon as a completely fresh start instead of investing more time in EQ as it is now.

Edit: May have been Tyrion there. Looked up my username for Faceless. Anyways, off to watch Logan. Be back later.

This post was edited by Lochaber at March 2, 2017 4:40 PM PST
    • 69 posts
    March 2, 2017 6:12 PM PST

Lochaber said:

Yep, I was with Faceless briefly on Lockjaw and was in the first Nag kill. I'd have to log in though to recall my name there. Wasn't sure if it was this one, Cennyin, Besmear, or some other. Was a Magician. They'll get the job done though . I only left (to the other server when it came out briefly, then for good) because even progression EQ wasn't close enough to the original to me. To many memories.

Decided to wait for Pantheon as a completely fresh start instead of investing more time in EQ as it is now.

Edit: May have been Tyrion there. Looked up my username for Faceless. Anyways, off to watch Logan. Be back later.

Awesome to see you man! I am pretty sure it was Tyrion.

• 28 posts
    March 2, 2017 8:17 PM PST

Yep. Nice to see familiar faces. I've even met up with a few from my original Everquest guild from '99 that are interested in this game.

Edit: Feel like an idiot. Been so long since I even thought of the progression servers I screwed up which character was where. On ragefire I was the Magician and left a bit after the first Nag kill (Too many MQ'rs). On Lockjaw I was the Necromancer w/ Faceless until I left which may have been before the first Nag kill since we did not quite have enough leveled up yet. Was bugging me so had to clear that up.

This post was edited by Lochaber at March 2, 2017 9:52 PM PST
    • 69 posts
    March 3, 2017 5:03 AM PST

Lochaber said:

Yep. Nice to see familiar faces. I've even met up with a few from my original Everquest guild from '99 that are interested in this game.

Edit: Feel like an idiot. Been so long since I even thought of the progression servers I screwed up which character was where. On ragefire I was the Magician and left a bit after the first Nag kill (Too many MQ'rs). On Lockjaw I was the Necromancer w/ Faceless until I left which may have been before the first Nag kill since we did not quite have enough leveled up yet. Was bugging me so had to clear that up.

Na you didn't leave before Nagafen, you can actually see your Necromancer Tyrion in the screenshot of my post above! You are the last character in group four of the raid window. Fastest/lowest level Nagafen kill ever :)

This post was edited by Zaide at March 3, 2017 5:05 AM PST
    • 28 posts
    March 3, 2017 5:45 AM PST

Heh, k. Shows how my memory is. I remember a lot from '99 - '04 but from something recent like this my mind decided to flake out on me

• 12 posts
    March 4, 2017 9:41 AM PST

As Guild Leader of Faceless (Faceless Insanity) on the EQ1 TLP Lockjaw Server, I approve of this message. I'll also be helping lead this crew in Pantheon along with Zaide. If you are tired of sitting on the sidelines; killing Orc_Pawn_01 for the the hundredth time while others get the serverwide firsts and reap the rewards, head over to Facelessgaming.org and check us out. We'll see the rest of you on the battlefield.

~Sil

• 4 posts
    March 7, 2017 12:06 AM PST

It's been awhile since I've seen a guild this dedicated to efficiency. I hope other "competitive" guilds are prepared. 

• 13 posts
    March 30, 2017 11:03 AM PDT

Zaide,

Everytime I see your name it reminds me of Zain. IDK why. Please don't take offense. 

• 4 posts
    March 30, 2017 1:50 PM PDT

Removed by Suljovic.

This post was edited by Shadegore at April 1, 2017 5:47 AM PDT
    • 69 posts
    April 1, 2017 1:51 AM PDT

Ragmyn said:

Zaide,

Everytime I see your name it reminds me of Zain. IDK why. Please don't take offense. 

Zain is good people so none taken. I've never played with him before but always enjoyed following the forum antics from Fippy etc.

• 5 posts
    April 13, 2017 10:09 AM PDT
    I wish to be considered in playing with Faceless. I was in top 3 EQ2 guild, Strike, and long to return to that dedication and focus. I will play any class as I have been MT, Healer, and top DPS across different games an expansions. Please consider. I have one other with me that is of like mind.

Best,
    Lord Axumi Trueblade
    • 3 posts
    April 21, 2017 5:27 AM PDT

Faceless, in Pantheon? I expect nothing less.

I have had my run ins with these bunch of maniacs, mostly bad, some good. But you have to respect the achievements they can do.

Good Luck in Pantheon boys

~ET

• 69 posts
    April 22, 2017 12:02 AM PDT

Endtime said:

I have had my run ins with these bunch of maniacs, mostly bad, some good. But you have to respect the achievements they can do.

~ET

Endtime! Long time no see dude. You should come play on Agnarr with us, there are still some EQ records left to break.

• 2 posts
    April 26, 2017 8:25 AM PDT

Zaide,

I was on Lockjaw, Fippy, Phini, still play on Ragefire (in Tempus). Been playing EQ for the last 15 years or so. Pretty interested in Faceless for Pantheon. Thinking about jumping in on Agnarr, if nothing else maybe just to hang out and meet some people that will be playing in Pantheon?

• 3 posts
    April 26, 2017 11:26 PM PDT

Zaide said:

Endtime said:

~ET

Endtime! Long time no see dude. You should come play on Agnarr with us, there are still some EQ records left to break.

Is it worth the hassle? Haha, i kept up to date with it but was unsure if i was going to make an appearance again.

• 69 posts
    April 27, 2017 9:02 PM PDT

Endtime said:

Is it worth the hassle? Haha, i kept up to date with it but was unsure if i was going to make an appearance again.

lastdefense said:

I was on Lockjaw, Fippy, Phini, still play on Ragefire (in Tempus). Been playing EQ for the last 15 years or so. Pretty interested in Faceless for Pantheon. Thinking about jumping in on Agnarr, if nothing else maybe just to hang out and meet some people that will be playing in Pantheon?

If you're interested you should absolutely try it out. We've currently got 16 static groups set to grind it out for Agnarr launch. Most groups are either doing 20 hours on 4 hours off or trying to grind straight to 50 in one long session. We're still looking for 2-3 Tanks to round out our groups. If you think you have the playtime to do it apply on our forums. Bonus points if you roll Paladin.

• 2 posts
    April 29, 2017 12:31 PM PDT

I typically play a tank. Let me look at the release date and see if I cant get off work for a week straight or something.

As far as for Pantheon, how many seats are you still looking to fill?

• 69 posts
    April 30, 2017 1:36 AM PDT

Agnarr is May 24th, launching in the early afternoon PST so you could probably take two days off and be there for the big race.

We aren't sure for Pantheon but for perspective, if Pantheon launched tomorrow we would roll in with 100 members ready to play 20 hours per day.

This post was edited by Zaide at April 30, 2017 1:37 AM PDT
    • 12 posts
    May 14, 2017 1:17 PM PDT

Seems Tempting though 100 members is a lot. In EQ 2 they limited raid size tohugh as there will be no isntanceing here maybe thats not an issue. I re uped my EQ 1 sub to try out the new server but i have not played in maybe 9 years.