Forums » News and Announcements

The New FAQ Is Live!

• 9115 posts
    February 20, 2017 2:59 PM PST

Dear Pantheon Community,

We have made some pretty big changes to our FAQ page and spent a lot of time including some of the burning questions that the community has been asking, so jump on over to https://www.pantheonmmo.com/game/faqs/ to check it out for your Pantheon fix!

• 595 posts
    February 20, 2017 3:05 PM PST

Kilsin said:

Dear Pantheon Community,

We have made some pretty big changes to our FAQ page and spent a lot of time including some of the burning questions that the community has been asking, so jump on over to https://www.pantheonmmo.com/game/faqs/ to check it out for your Pantheon fix!

Oh wow, very cool.  Thanks Kilsin!

• 1618 posts
    February 20, 2017 3:08 PM PST

Already discussing the changes.

• 170 posts
    February 20, 2017 3:09 PM PST

Great FAQ! I just read all of it and while I knew a lot of what is covered from the team (mostly Kilsin) responding in forums and also what is listed in the Tenants. I did learn some stuff. Thank VR for keeping us in the loop.

• 2752 posts
    February 20, 2017 3:31 PM PST

Woohoo!

• 441 posts
    February 20, 2017 3:42 PM PST

Thanks :) just when I was running out of info to read up on. Keep up the great work. 

• 3 posts
    February 20, 2017 4:25 PM PST

FAQ hype!!!!

Organized info hype!!!

Release date hy...oh wait, I got ahead of myself!

Very well put together, great concise info!

Reading this will be plenty enough to keep me sated until the next info drop!  

• 173 posts
    February 20, 2017 4:54 PM PST

Awesome sauce, thanks for sharing!!

• 48 posts
    February 20, 2017 5:02 PM PST

Just noticed it randomly but item 1.6 the word leveling has two L's I dont believe that is correct =)

• 76 posts
    February 20, 2017 6:07 PM PST

Lots of lovely new info for us all to read even if we knew some of it already, the only thing that confused me is in question 1.16 as reigon locking was in the question but i dont feel it was answered.

this only worries me because im an EU player who loves having the choice  to play on us servers given that most of the time and likely for the next few years yet im a night person. (the only asnwer in the question is "most likely" which im just worried also applies to region locking.) 

This post was edited by Akailo at February 20, 2017 6:07 PM PST
    • 78 posts
    February 21, 2017 1:01 AM PST

Looks great team - lots of common questions and answers - a proper faq!

My recommendation: Links to each Category at the top of the page, like a mini table of contents type deal. Would help people realise the amount of information available and how to quickly get to what piques their interest.

[And perhaps a 'Top' link next to each Category to take the user back to the table of contents].

Edit: Scratch the 'Top' link, the arrow on the bottom right of screen does the job just fine!

This post was edited by zubi at February 21, 2017 1:03 AM PST
    • 9115 posts
    February 21, 2017 1:19 AM PST

Borumber said:

Just noticed it randomly but item 1.6 the word leveling has two L's I dont believe that is correct =)

haha, it was created by a mix of people from the US, Australia, Canada and EU, half of us spell it with two l's the other US half spell it with one l, so there may be a few words typed like that but we would have to argue over who was right or wrong to change it! ;)

• 9115 posts
    February 21, 2017 1:21 AM PST

Akailo said:

Lots of lovely new info for us all to read even if we knew some of it already, the only thing that confused me is in question 1.16 as reigon locking was in the question but i dont feel it was answered.

this only worries me because im an EU player who loves having the choice  to play on us servers given that most of the time and likely for the next few years yet im a night person. (the only asnwer in the question is "most likely" which im just worried also applies to region locking.) 

No region locking in Pantheon, which I doubt it will. Any community member from any country in the world (if they have access to the internet, a PC and our game) will be able to create a character on any server they like and unless we have a serious reason for changing that decision, it should stand for testing and launch.

• 9115 posts
    February 21, 2017 1:22 AM PST

zubi said:

My recommendation: Links to each Category at the top of the page, like a mini table of contents type deal. Would help people realise the amount of information available and how to quickly get to what piques their interest.

[And perhaps a 'Top' link next to each Category to take the user back to the table of contents].

Edit: Scratch the 'Top' link, the arrow on the bottom right of screen does the job just fine!

We actually had something like that and removed it after gaining feedback from our VIP members. :)

• 626 posts
    February 21, 2017 5:42 AM PST

zubi said:

View it on your mobile, or shrink the screen width down till it switches to mobile view for this.

• 441 posts
    February 21, 2017 7:06 AM PST

Saicred said:

zubi said:

View it on your mobile, or shrink the screen width down till it switches to mobile view for this.

I liked how the old document was set up before. CTRL F to find the word you are looking for in the entire document. Its kinda of a pain to find an answer now without having to reread everything. 

• 76 posts
    February 21, 2017 7:28 AM PST

Kilsin said:

Akailo said:

No region locking in Pantheon, which I doubt it will. Any community member from any country in the world (if they have access to the internet, a PC and our game) will be able to create a character on any server they like and unless we have a serious reason for changing that decision, it should stand for testing and launch.

thanks for the answer kilsin =)

• 67 posts
    February 21, 2017 7:38 AM PST

Love the New FAQ ! Will send people here that ask about the game. 

• 3852 posts
    February 21, 2017 7:47 AM PST

Great new FAQ. And I am a US player that often plays on EU servers given the choice so good that there are no plans to prevent things like that though in this game it may not really matter. EU servers tend to have fewer trolls and a higher maturity level but a subscription or purchase-based game like this isn't as attractive to trolls and juveniles.

• 70 posts
    February 21, 2017 9:00 AM PST

I love the new layout and so many questions answered!

It almost looks like player housing isn't coming in now...that one really disappoints me.

• 30 posts
    February 21, 2017 9:41 AM PST

Nanfoodle said:

I liked how the old document was set up before. CTRL F to find the word you are looking for in the entire document. Its kinda of a pain to find an answer now without having to reread everything. 

I agree. I liked the old style better. It was easy to quickly scroll through all the answers or search for any particular keyword I wanted. Now you have to click on every single question to see the answer... kind of a pain.

I like the content though : )

• 2886 posts
    February 21, 2017 10:10 AM PST

Good info. Well done. I look forward to posting more links to the FAQ on threads of people that post here before reading it :P

• 55 posts
    February 22, 2017 10:01 AM PST

Awesome! Will be updating it on PRP.

• 35 posts
    February 22, 2017 8:09 PM PST

Wow, lots of info and I'm glad it's more consolidated now.  Everything you all put out just makes me more excited :)

Thanks everyone for getting this together!

• 2 posts
    February 22, 2017 11:11 PM PST

This is a great, it makes me want the game to come out even faster.  I read through the FAQ and the crafting explanation is satisfactory but I am wondering if the crafting system is going to be the usual type?  The type where you make weapons, armor, items but they are only sub par compared to world gains, questing and such and eventually wittle down to only a few types like Alchemist/Cook.  I have only played a few games where crafted equipment can be utilized in the harder parts of the game.  So my question is, How will you bring out the full affect of the crafting system that will utilize crafters in a way that will allow their items to compete with some of the higher stat armor/weapons/items,etc...?  Why should I spend the time to pick a craft that in the end has no real purpose other then maybe a few items that give enhancements?  For me FFXI had a good system in this area, so far one of the best ones i have seen when it came to this system, all crafts were co-dependant on other skillsets in order to create items that were very much sought after, even after 8 years of gameplay (before abyssea expansion).  

I have an idea that i have yet to see.  Group Crafting, where different crafters form a team to make a single item that depending on everyones skillset, animation will have them sit in a circle or all fit in a workshop.  Every person gets to choose through a menu of their specialty to add to the item and would have to discuss between the team what they plan to make with certain stats and stuff.  I think that would be cool way to bring the crafting community together.