Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Search Function

• 363 posts
    February 17, 2017 12:32 PM PST

Not sure where to post this, so I'll post it here. You know how everyone likes to post on someone's post agbout searching the posts before you post? Well, why is the search bar only available on the main forum page? Any way to add it to all of the sub-forum pages? I know, a minor inconvenience to have to go back to the main forum page, do your search, go back to the sub-forum, etc. Just a thought...

This post was edited by Anistosoles at February 17, 2017 12:34 PM PST
    • 668 posts
    February 17, 2017 12:51 PM PST

This has been brought up before and pointed out...  I believe on the new forums coming, it will be something of consideration.

Kilsin, feel free to do what you do best, give us insight...

• 363 posts
    February 17, 2017 1:06 PM PST

Ok, I did do a search for this, honest! Saw nothing so thought I'd bring it up!

• 563 posts
    February 17, 2017 1:53 PM PST

The search function on the current boards is definitely clunky to say the least. :P I can't wait until we get the new forums up and running :)

• 9115 posts
    February 17, 2017 4:26 PM PST

The search function is actually quite useful but as you pointed out, only available on the main forum page due to all the previous code we had written for these forums, was broken when we reverted back to the default skin and layout when we linked them to our new website. It is not ideal by any means and we (I) look forward to these new forums more than anyone on this planet, I can assure you! The new forums will have a much better search function but this one is still perfectly fine to use and does what it is supposed to do, the best way to use this search function is to type in a common key word(s) and then use the drop down box to change to what you are specifically looking for.

Example:

If I want to search for a community members profile and I type the name Anistosoles in the search bar and it has the Forum Topics selected, you won;t find any results, but if you change the search path to "Members" at the bottom of the drop-down box, you will get a hit and be able to go straight to that person's profile, same goes for any thread title but if you are having trouble, use the drop down box to change it to search for "All" and you will get a lot of hits and be able to go through and find which one best suits your search query. :)

I hope that helps in the meantime while we work hard on getting the new forums ready :)

• 595 posts
    February 17, 2017 4:33 PM PST

Kilsin said:

It is not ideal by any means and we (I) look forward to these new forums more than anyone on this planet, I can assure you!

While @Kils is undoubtedly #1, I land somewhere in the top 20....ez.