Forums » Pantheon Lore

TemTem Talks

• 101 posts
    March 8, 2017 2:30 AM PST

Wait for it. :) Almost done with my videon the Dragon Accord, was waiting for my commission for a custom intro and working on compiling information/video footage.

Don't worry. I plan on making these videos for a loooong time. 

• 1019 posts
    March 8, 2017 2:35 AM PST

Okay, good.  Times are tough right now.  Boards seem quite dead and we haven't had any new information in a while.  Need stuff like these videos.  Haha.

• 101 posts
    March 30, 2017 9:56 AM PDT

My video on the Dragon Accord is live now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WJsOEwrrYA&feature=youtu.be

I find that the hardest part about these videos is actually finding interesting footage/images that I haven't used before.

Also, since several people have actually been asking for it, I think I'm going to do a few mini series with lots of speculation about some of the things we just don't know much about yet~

What do you guys think?

This post was edited by Temmi at March 30, 2017 10:28 AM PDT
    • 1019 posts
    March 30, 2017 10:56 AM PDT

I know you wanted to avoid speculation, but since there is so little actual information about PRF, I think you're going to have to speculate in order to keep making videos.  Looking forward to watching the latest.

• 2262 posts
    March 30, 2017 11:41 AM PDT

Hooray Temmi! Good job as always :)

Tbh, I don't really have any interest in speculation. I don't think it actually makes any difference. My time is almost always better spent with facts rather than opinions or guesses. But that's probably just the investigator in me.

It's true that we haven't gotten any new solid information in a while, but I think it's better to just be patient at this point. You of course can do whatever you want with your content Temmi - I won't judge one way or the other. But I just figured I'd put that out there haha

This post was edited by Bazgrim at March 30, 2017 11:41 AM PDT
    • 101 posts
    March 30, 2017 12:53 PM PDT
    I'm in line with Bazgrim here. I usually lean away from speculation.

My main concern with speculation is spreading misinformation. The entire point of these videos is to help people digest lore and game information in a way they can understand it. If I started making a lot of speculation based videos, there's a big chance that people would run away with ideas or take for granted the speculations.

So far I've mostly avoided speculation, instead leaving mysteries as unanswered questions or stating outright that something was speculation, or not totally confirmed and just a reliable inference.

However, I do want to keep producing videos, and with only a few ideas left for videos I could do based on existing information, I feel like I have to tip toe into speculation.

I'm definitely going to make it very clear when things aren't confirmed, just as I always have, but it might be a good thing to get those creative juices flowing and get people thinking, though I'm not sure I could bring up a topic that hasn't already been beaten to death twice.
    • 11 posts
    March 30, 2017 4:16 PM PDT

Thank you so much for the videos really think this can grow into something really amazing.

• 263 posts
    March 30, 2017 9:45 PM PDT

Great job on the new Video Temmi!  It helped to fill a few questions and holes I had in my understanding of things.  I am wondering if you are going to do a series of videos on the various races and their lore/religions?  Could see two or even three races per video and I know that some races/lore are still being worked on and fleshed out but that would make a great video :)  Anyways I am looking forward to your next video :)

• 101 posts
    March 31, 2017 6:08 AM PDT

Sogotp said:

Great job on the new Video Temmi!  It helped to fill a few questions and holes I had in my understanding of things.  I am wondering if you are going to do a series of videos on the various races and their lore/religions?  Could see two or even three races per video and I know that some races/lore are still being worked on and fleshed out but that would make a great video :)  Anyways I am looking forward to your next video :)

I'm glad you found it helpful!

That's actually pretty much what I had in mind for my semi speculation video series. I wanted to take each race and go into their origins, because that stuff is friggin' awesome, then go into how they've changed upon Terminus, including culture/religion/naming conventions. Then I'll splice in some sound inference and speculation and that'll make a video! Though I'd like to go in order of arrival, I also kind of think I should make the videos for the races we've actually seen some footage of, which are Human, Dwarf, Ogre, Archai, and Gnome. I have enough footage of Wild's End to fake it for that race, but we're woefully lacking on any media for Skar, Myr, and Elves. :( So then I'll hit my perpetual challenge of making interesting video to go with the audio.

BLAH! Gibbs me more, VR!!!

I'll probably end up doing a similar thing for the classes, but I just really wanted to wait until we get more basic information on the classes for that, and hopefully get at least a bit of dedicated footage for each class.

The fun part about doing these pre launch videos is that I can always go back later and do the "second look" videos, comparing the inferences or assumptions we all made pre-launch to more confirmed information and spreading out that official info.

• 2262 posts
    March 31, 2017 7:24 AM PDT

Temmi said: I'm in line with Bazgrim here. I usually lean away from speculation. My main concern with speculation is spreading misinformation. The entire point of these videos is to help people digest lore and game information in a way they can understand it. If I started making a lot of speculation based videos, there's a big chance that people would run away with ideas or take for granted the speculations. So far I've mostly avoided speculation, instead leaving mysteries as unanswered questions or stating outright that something was speculation, or not totally confirmed and just a reliable inference. However, I do want to keep producing videos, and with only a few ideas left for videos I could do based on existing information, I feel like I have to tip toe into speculation. I'm definitely going to make it very clear when things aren't confirmed, just as I always have, but it might be a good thing to get those creative juices flowing and get people thinking, though I'm not sure I could bring up a topic that hasn't already been beaten to death twice.

Yeah, that's mainly my concern too - misinformation. I totally understand speculation can be fun sometimes, but the way I look at it, it doesn't have any effect on the game itself. It doesn't change anything. Imo, speculation does more harm than good because it can be misunderstood or sometimes it can cause you to get your hopes up too much. Being exceptionally clear about your intentions to speculate will certainly help, but it's not foolproof imo.

I have a feeling that before too long we'll have some juicy real info to dig our teeth into so you may not have to wait much longer. Seems like we're due. But who knows. I'm sure whatever you do, it'll be great Temmi :)

• 366 posts
    April 2, 2017 6:37 PM PDT

Really great job, Temmi! 

One of the most appealing aspects of Pantheon is the attention and importance they give to the lore. It's easy to see what a foundation it is for everything else in the game and how vital that is to VR. For good reason, such well written and thought out lore really infuses the world with a soul so that it feels like a living, breathing place.

Your videos do all their work justice, thouroughly enjoyed all of 'em! (as did my 8 yr old daughter :)  Subbed.  Keep it up!

• 237 posts
    April 3, 2017 6:20 PM PDT

Great work, Temmi. 

• 493 posts
    April 3, 2017 10:25 PM PDT

Temmi said:

My video on the Dragon Accord is live now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WJsOEwrrYA&feature=youtu.be

I find that the hardest part about these videos is actually finding interesting footage/images that I haven't used before.

Also, since several people have actually been asking for it, I think I'm going to do a few mini series with lots of speculation about some of the things we just don't know much about yet~

What do you guys think?

Sent you a PM, when you get a chance!

• 11 posts
    April 7, 2017 9:55 AM PDT

This is fantastic thank you !

• 296 posts
    April 8, 2017 6:03 AM PDT

Good job, Temmi! If you're running out of history stuff, it's always helpful to have people do reasoned speculation. It helps give us a sense of what people consider to be logical. For example, what is Ogre society like vis-a-vis Wos Che? They can't possibly be kill on sight, or can they? Obviously we read these forums and it's always a pleasure to bring up interesting community discussions.

• 1373 posts
    April 8, 2017 4:01 PM PDT

Thank you for sharing Temmi.  If you would like assistance working on a future video, I would totally be down for some collaboration!  I can't really help with the lore side of things, but I may be able to offer help in other areas.  Feel free to PM me if you have any interest.  I love seeing stuff like this!

• 2043 posts
    April 8, 2017 7:59 PM PDT

Keep up the good work Temmi :)

• 263 posts
    April 11, 2017 3:44 PM PDT

Hey temmi if ya want to talk about Ogres I am always open and willing to talk with what I know of them so far and I can pass along a few names of people that are VERY interested in them as well :)  Not going to give out names without permission ;D

• 2262 posts
    April 12, 2017 9:48 AM PDT

I'd vote for videos about the lore of each race next. They may be short, but I don't think that's a bad thing. Could maybe combine two races into one video. Especially if their stories are somewhat connected. At least it's concrete information and it's certainly very relevant. There should be enough facts to make helpful informative videos. I for one would be very interested.

This post was edited by Bazgrim at April 12, 2017 9:50 AM PDT
    • 152 posts
    April 15, 2017 4:23 PM PDT
    Good work Tammi, I just subscribed. I didn't have time to listen to the whole thing this second but I'll be home in a bit to enoy. Thanks for all the hard work!
    • 386 posts
    April 17, 2017 10:38 PM PDT

Hi Temmi.

I've read the lore here on pantheonmmo.com but you've really organized and explained in it such an clearly understandable way. Really appreciate the video!