Forums » News and Announcements

February's Newsletter is Hot Off the Press!

• 2752 posts
    February 15, 2017 9:52 AM PST

This was a pleasant surprise to wake up to! A very exciting for us all indeed! I can't wait to see a new stream and have many circular discussions about it here. ;)

Secret class reveal? Planned showing of extreme climate/acclimatization? My gold is on it being Druid.

• 3237 posts
    February 15, 2017 10:59 AM PST

Kilsin said:

Lokispawn said:

Kilsin confirmed (In Discord chat) that the secret class reveal is not Necro or Bard, something completely off the class / race combo chart. Super excited peeps ! :D

Something *on* the class/race chart that we just released, one of the classes that appears on there will be revealed during the next stream but it is not the Necro or Bard, unfortunately they still need more work :)

I am pretty confused ... after reading this thread several people seem to be excited about a "secret class" reveal, but this quote seems to suggest that it's more of a "reveal" of an existing class.  Much like we saw for the shaman, recently.  Does anybody know the story beind the "secret class" subforum?  What is the purpose of it?  Will there be a secret class revealed at launch?  Will there "maybe" be a secret class revealed at launch, or perhaps in future expansions?  A little clarity on the secret class and expansion classes subforums would be much appreciated if anybody has info that I may have missed.

• 2886 posts
    February 15, 2017 11:02 AM PST

oneADseven said:

Kilsin said:

Lokispawn said:

Kilsin confirmed (In Discord chat) that the secret class reveal is not Necro or Bard, something completely off the class / race combo chart. Super excited peeps ! :D

Something *on* the class/race chart that we just released, one of the classes that appears on there will be revealed during the next stream but it is not the Necro or Bard, unfortunately they still need more work :)

I am pretty confused ... after reading this thread several people seem to be excited about a "secret class" reveal, but this quote seems to suggest that it's more of a "reveal" of an existing class.  Much like we saw for the shaman, recently.  Does anybody know the story beind the "secret class" subforum?  What is the purpose of it?  Will there be a secret class revealed at launch?  Will there "maybe" be a secret class revealed at launch, or perhaps in future expansions?  A little clarity on the secret class and expansion classes subforums would be much appreciated if anybody has info that I may have missed.

This is exactly what I'm wondering myself. There seems to be a miscommunication.

• 2752 posts
    February 15, 2017 11:23 AM PST

Perhaps it's going to be the ultimate surprise?

Edit: The Secret Class forum, not what will be in the stream.

This post was edited by Iksar at February 15, 2017 3:51 PM PST
    • 945 posts
    February 15, 2017 11:42 AM PST

There was no miscommunication by staff; Lokispawn mispoke and Kilsin corrected him... there is no new secret class.  They will just have a class other than the rogue, warrior, enchanter, shaman and wizard next stream.  One that already exists... nothing new.  A class from the race/class combo list.  There is no super secret surprise race/class combo being revealed. :)

Iksar mentioned that he thinks it may be the druid, I'm hoping to see the summoner! 

• 2886 posts
    February 15, 2017 11:49 AM PST

Darch said:

There was no miscommunication by staff; Lokispawn mispoke and Kilsin corrected him... there is no new secret class.  They will just have a class other than the rogue, warrior, enchanter, shaman and wizard next stream.  One that already exists... nothing new.  A class from the race/class combo list.  There is no super secret surprise race/class combo being revealed. :)

Iksar mentioned that he thinks it may be the druid, I'm hoping to see the summoner! 

But I still feel like we don't know why there is a "Secret Class" subforum. I would just like to know why that exists.

• 157 posts
    February 15, 2017 12:14 PM PST

Darch said:

This is correct, I misinterpreted Kilsin this morning on his Discord chats. He didn't even really mis-speak, I just mis-read it. My brain has been fried this past week working overtime and lacking sleep. Sorry for that guys. The class being shown on the next stream is one we already know exists on the class/race table, but have not yet seen in action.

I hope it's druid ;)

• 1778 posts
    February 15, 2017 12:42 PM PST

Awesome newsletter. Keep on truckin VR! And I cant wait for the new stream. It will be nice to see a new class reveal.

Hmm..... wonder if we might get some other new race models too? I hope so, but guess we will see ^.~

• 3237 posts
    February 15, 2017 1:14 PM PST

I'd like to see a reveal on the warrior.  While they may have been featured in a stream or whatever, I'd like to see a finer description on the class than what is available currently.  As far as I am concerned, only 3 classes have been truly revealed, and that's rogue/cleric/shaman.

• 839 posts
    February 15, 2017 1:14 PM PST

Great newsletter! Cant wait to find out more about the class reveal new zones, dungeons, AI and climate in action! And obviously very much looking forward to the stream... So much to look forward to!!

Thanks for the awesome opportunity with the spotlight Kils!! And ahead of any future forum absorbtion i send my sincere apologies to you and Dullahan ;)

• 1860 posts
    February 15, 2017 1:19 PM PST

Darch said:

Joppa said:

We have also been fleshing out the design and implementation of a new player Class, which will remain a secret until we unveil it in the upcoming stream.

Kilsin corrected him but it seems to go against what Joppa stated in newsletter.  Maybe Joppa just worded that poorly?  It is definitely confusing to have a secret class subforum...and then have Joppa say "We have also been fleshing out the design and implementation of a new player Class, which will remain a secret until we unveil"...and then have Kilsin say "there is no new secret class."

I would like to see more individual class reveals prior to a stream.  Especially reveals that discuss that classes Iconic Ability...like Pillar Shield, Improvised Alchemy, and Baleful Lethargy.  Those abilities are what I get excited for.  We haven't had class reveals from war, enc and wiz yet even though we have seen them in the streams. I'd think the reveals under the class listing on the forum should come before a live stream...but I guess not.  I must be different than most people.  Graphics don't really excite me.  Spells, abilities, stats; that's what I get excited for.  I guess I'm strange.

This post was edited by philo at February 15, 2017 1:33 PM PST
    • 1860 posts
    February 15, 2017 1:23 PM PST

oneADseven said:

I'd like to see a reveal on the warrior.  While they may have been featured in a stream or whatever, I'd like to see a finer description on the class than what is available currently.  As far as I am concerned, only 3 classes have been truly revealed, and that's rogue/cleric/shaman.

I just said the same thing in the second paragraph in my post above.  I hadn't read your post before I made mine.  I agree with this^.  I think the consensus is that we have only had 3 classes revealed.

This post was edited by philo at February 15, 2017 1:24 PM PST
    • 781 posts
    February 15, 2017 1:32 PM PST

very good question :) 

• 3237 posts
    February 15, 2017 1:35 PM PST

I would also like more information on what "support" entails.  All 3 of the revealed classes have "support" as a secondary group role.  What does a rogue have in common with a shaman and cleric?  Debuffs?  What other secondary roles will be available beyond just support?

• 595 posts
    February 15, 2017 1:47 PM PST

philo said:

oneADseven said:

I just said the same thing in the second paragraph in my post above.  I hadn't read your post before I made mine.  I agree with this^.  I think the consensus is that we have only had 3 classes revealed.

Yea, I echo this sentiment.  I feel strongly that additional class information for potential supporters is important.  I would never go so far as to suggest that VR should be prioritizing one thing over another but I feel it's time for some more info on the classes.

• 1618 posts
    February 15, 2017 1:58 PM PST

Nanfoodle said:

Homercles said:

My guess for the new class reveal is Druid. I don't think we've seen one in action yet.

"It is also an exciting time to be a Pantheon fan, because the first round of access to Pantheon is getting closer every day!

-Chris “Joppa” Perkins"

I'm wishing for the next twitchstream to be an announcement for Pre-Alpha Access!

/ooc WTB SOW

Would love to see the druid in action myself. I really want to see how far from the original EQ1 Druid they have gone. What they kept, what they have added =-)

Well already have Shaman and Cleric reveals. We need a non-healer, such as the Dire Lord.

• 9115 posts
    February 15, 2017 2:49 PM PST

oneADseven said:

Kilsin said:

Lokispawn said:

As I said, we will be doing a full reveal for one of the classes on our class/race combo chart that was released recently, minus the Necro or Bard. I hope that clears it up man. :)

The secret class subforum is an old unused subforum from the early days as it the Expansion subforum, they will not make it over to the new forums, we have revealed the classes we will be launching with and have said that Bard and Necro will be included shortly after if we cannot get them in for the launch, anything else is unlikely unless it is added via a distant expansion.

ClassRacechart4.jpg

• 3237 posts
    February 15, 2017 3:58 PM PST

Kilsin said:

oneADseven said:

Kilsin said:

Lokispawn said:

As I said, we will be doing a full reveal for one of the classes on our class/race combo chart that was released recently, minus the Necro or Bard. I hope that clears it up man. :)

The secret class subforum is an old unused subforum from the early days as it the Expansion subforum, they will not make it over to the new forums, we have revealed the classes we will be launching with and have said that Bard and Necro will be included shortly after if we cannot get them in for the launch, anything else is unlikely unless it is added via a distant expansion.

ClassRacechart4.jpg

Sounds good man!  Personally, I am hoping for a warrior reveal.  A lot of people have speculated that it would be the druid since there will be some weather features shown, but since there were already 2 healers revealed I am really hoping to see a tank.  I know the decision on which class being revealed has already been made, but I wanted to give a shout out to all the warriors out there.  In my opinion, they are the original tank class and pretty much a staple of the genre.  Really looking forward to seeing VR's vision of my favorite class ... it does have more playable races than any other class in the game, too.  I'm sure there are plenty of warrior fanatics out there just like myself, even though the warrior forum is one of the least utilized.

This post was edited by oneADseven at February 15, 2017 4:00 PM PST
    • 142 posts
    February 15, 2017 4:55 PM PST

Hopefully the class reveal is also a Race reveal. Maybe a Skar Monk or a Dark Myr Druid

• 38 posts
    February 15, 2017 5:14 PM PST

Cool newsletter.. Looking forward to the stream :) 

• 205 posts
    February 15, 2017 7:40 PM PST
    Very cool read. Thank you for your time in doing it.
    • 3016 posts
    February 16, 2017 10:23 AM PST

Good Work VR Team..."it's getting better and closer all the time!!"  :)

• 2886 posts
    February 16, 2017 10:33 AM PST

Kilsin said:

oneADseven said:

Kilsin said:

Lokispawn said:

ClassRacechart4.jpg

Thanks for clearing that up Kilsin.

• 9115 posts
    February 16, 2017 2:52 PM PST

Bazgrim said:

Kilsin said:

oneADseven said:

Kilsin said:

Lokispawn said:

Thanks for clearing that up Kilsin.

You're very welcome man :)

• 56 posts
    February 16, 2017 3:52 PM PST

I'm loving how the Archai and Gnomes are turning out, as for the class choices I'm completely blown away.

In 2014 this was the kickstarter goal.

In 2017 we get THIS!

Keep up the awesome work.