Forums » News and Announcements

February's Newsletter is Hot Off the Press!

• 9115 posts
    February 15, 2017 3:56 AM PST

It's that time of month again! Here is the February Newsletter, hot off the press and be sure to check out our State of the Game inside!

http://www.pantheonmmo.com/newsletter/2017_february_intro/

• 200 posts
    February 15, 2017 4:13 AM PST

Nice read, thanks for the updates and look forward to a look at new zones and stream in the near future!!

*Edited Pre-Coffee typos**

This post was edited by Warben at February 15, 2017 10:10 AM PST
    • 483 posts
    February 15, 2017 4:37 AM PST

Great update, really excited for the new stream, wonder what the new class is *cough* bard *cough*.

Just a suggestion, take screenshots of zone that have more polished textures. In some of the images the character models look really out of place, because there’s such disparity between the surrounding environment and the model, mainly in the Archai and Gnome. I know the focus was showing of the new models (looking great btw) but the low resolution textures draw the attention.

• 31 posts
    February 15, 2017 4:53 AM PST
    Looking forward to the next steam
    • 157 posts
    February 15, 2017 5:05 AM PST

Kilsin confirmed (In Discord chat) that the secret class reveal is not Necro or Bard, something completely off the class / race combo chart. Super excited peeps ! :D

• 9115 posts
    February 15, 2017 5:10 AM PST

Lokispawn said:

Kilsin confirmed (In Discord chat) that the secret class reveal is not Necro or Bard, something completely off the class / race combo chart. Super excited peeps ! :D

Something *on* the class/race chart that we just released, one of the classes that appears on there will be revealed during the next stream but it is not the Necro or Bard, unfortunately they still need more work :)

• 441 posts
    February 15, 2017 5:23 AM PST

WOW AWESOME!!!! Nice read thanks =-)

• 129 posts
    February 15, 2017 5:31 AM PST

It would still really be nice to hear a statement from the team regarding the state of the Paladin - why it has the fewest race selections of any other class in the game and what the reasoning is behind that. Especially now that it's been explicitly stated that Humans will sacrifice some of the perks that other races will have in exchange for being able to play every class. =/ So that means we're left with the Dwarf if we have any desire to min/max for the PLD.

• 441 posts
    February 15, 2017 6:02 AM PST

Awesome to see Devs listening to our feedback to the level its changing the game. Myr Bard, awesome!!!!

• 173 posts
    February 15, 2017 6:13 AM PST

Great read.  Gettign more exited every day!!  Thanks for sharing :)

• 112 posts
    February 15, 2017 6:19 AM PST

Another great update.  Looking forward to seeing the new zones and the implementation of the acclimation system.  Hopefully we will get more updated models for the next stream.  I am a fan of the Gnome, but the Archai could use a second look (he looks a little cobbled together and not in a good way).

• 142 posts
    February 15, 2017 6:44 AM PST

My guess for the new class reveal is Druid. I don't think we've seen one in action yet.

"It is also an exciting time to be a Pantheon fan, because the first round of access to Pantheon is getting closer every day!

-Chris “Joppa” Perkins"

I'm wishing for the next twitchstream to be an announcement for Pre-Alpha Access!

This post was edited by Homercles at February 15, 2017 6:51 AM PST
    • 780 posts
    February 15, 2017 7:00 AM PST

Nice.  Looking forward to the stream and the secret class.

• 441 posts
    February 15, 2017 7:22 AM PST

Homercles said:

My guess for the new class reveal is Druid. I don't think we've seen one in action yet.

"It is also an exciting time to be a Pantheon fan, because the first round of access to Pantheon is getting closer every day!

-Chris “Joppa” Perkins"

I'm wishing for the next twitchstream to be an announcement for Pre-Alpha Access!

/ooc WTB SOW

Would love to see the druid in action myself. I really want to see how far from the original EQ1 Druid they have gone. What they kept, what they have added =-)

• 668 posts
    February 15, 2017 7:27 AM PST

Me too, can't wait for next stream and class reveal...!  Characters are looking very nice...

Kilsin, looking at the Gnome, will there be some kind of variation between them or will they get stuck into looking very similar amongst each other?  As you know I was going to create an enchanter and Gnome was calling my name.  Just curious from the picture above.

Thanks,

• 2886 posts
    February 15, 2017 8:09 AM PST

This is one of the juicier newsletters we've had lately lol. Can't wait see to see the Tower of the Reckless Magician! That zone is the most intriguing one in the world to me :)

I would like some clarification on the whole "Secret Class" thing though... are you just talking about which class will get a detailed description next? Or is it an entirely new class that we haven't heard of yet, to which the "Secret Class" subforum is dedicated?

This post was edited by Bazgrim at February 15, 2017 8:18 AM PST
    • 626 posts
    February 15, 2017 8:11 AM PST

I'm going to guess that Paladin the next class reveal :) - Great read, and love to see you all talking about the future a little. Exciting times!

• 781 posts
    February 15, 2017 8:13 AM PST

Great read guys ! :)  Looking forward to that stream ! :) 

• 626 posts
    February 15, 2017 8:20 AM PST

Pyye said:

Me too, can't wait for next stream and class reveal...!  Characters are looking very nice...

Kilsin, looking at the Gnome, will there be some kind of variation between them or will they get stuck into looking very similar amongst each other?  As you know I was going to create an enchanter and Gnome was calling my name.  Just curious from the picture above.

Thanks,

I'm looking to be a Gnome Wiz myself, and I assume... Gnomes will have a few different color tones for male and female engery color, as well as being able to change the faceplate out. I couldn't imagine it being much more than that though IMO. I think it would be wicked to have a black metallic faceplate, but if not hopefully will have a silver or plat one at least. 

• 174 posts
    February 15, 2017 9:02 AM PST

It sounds to me as though the class reveal is simply the latest revelation of one of the classes known to exist, in this case I too guess druid, so they can show off it's abilities to play off environmental conditions encountered.

• 2886 posts
    February 15, 2017 9:18 AM PST

Chimerical said:

It sounds to me as though the class reveal is simply the latest revelation of one of the classes known to exist, in this case I too guess druid, so they can show off it's abilities to play off environmental conditions encountered.

I think that's probably a very good guess!

• 668 posts
    February 15, 2017 9:18 AM PST

@ Saicred

Exactly what I was hoping for...  Just some way to create distinction between us Gnomes.

As far as secret class reveal, what have we not seen so far (besides Bard, Necro)?  Druid, Summoner, Dire Lord, Paladin, Monk, Ranger??

I am thinking if they want to show us the next detail of death penalty, they could be bringing in the Ranger to demo!!  :)

This post was edited by Pyye at February 15, 2017 9:19 AM PST
    • 142 posts
    February 15, 2017 9:24 AM PST

Pyye said:

I am thinking if they want to show us the next detail of death penalty, they could be bringing in the Ranger to demo!!  :)

RANGER BURN!

• 2886 posts
    February 15, 2017 9:25 AM PST

Pyye said:

@ Saicred

Exactly what I was hoping for...  Just some way to create distinction between us Gnomes.

As far as secret class reveal, what have we not seen so far (besides Bard, Necro)?  Druid, Summoner, Dire Lord, Paladin, Monk??

I think that's right for the streams, but the written descriptions of the Class page of the website are very lacking. I would just be pleased if they would give us more of those.

As for gnome customization, I would be utterly shocked if there weren't different options for energy color, face mask designs/colors, and the color of the wrapped cloths that contain the energy. There has to be something for you to do on the character creation screen.

• 595 posts
    February 15, 2017 9:30 AM PST

Very cool stuff happening.  Joppa is correct; it's an exciting time to be involved with Pantheon!

A few notes:

1. I really appreciate the volume of content here.
    2. New class reveal.  Hawt!
    3. Two new zones!  Man, am I excited for this!  This is without a doubt my biggest takeaway from this month's newsletter (well, beyond the mention of another stream...who am I kidding?).
    4. Great write-up @Hokanu ;)
    5. Kilsin.  Mate.  When is the next stream??  Spill the beans! <3