Forums » Fan Creations

GamerChick's FanArt

• 56 posts
    February 18, 2018 11:02 PM PST

Awesome stuff, the thought of keeping all of the images used to pull this off organized boggles my mind. I haven't ever really tried photo manipulation so it's very cool to see what can be done. It's probably better I don't as my sad alphabetical organizing system results in folders of thousands of pics labeled things like 'baldman','baaldman', 'baaaldmansit', 'baaaaldmanjump1' - I'd never pull it off.

Nice work :) 

• 213 posts
    February 18, 2018 11:39 PM PST

Hehehe!  Well to be perfectly honest I don't have folders on my computer with all these labeled photos.

I use deviantart and make favorite stock folders there that accumulate pictures that I think I might use in the future.  These range from Backgrounds, models, effects, etc.   From there I just pick my favorites for whatever project I'm working on and make a folder on my desktop, one for pictures that didn't quite make the cut, one for stocks used, and one for my psd files.  I actually save my psd files as I go because occasionally, very rarely you get a corrupted layer or something silly and it's a huge headache so I keep them all instead of overwrighting them and then once done I just dump them all except for my final psd.  It can be an organization game but it's not too bad.   

As for the artform itself it is a very fun one, it teaches you to be very open-minded about where you wanna go artistically because you are limited to what is offered as stock.  For example, I wanted to do a mermaid picture for a over a year before I found the model I used to make it. =P  I am stubborn that way though.  

I could never do the alphabetical thing, my system is a hot mess but it works for me! =P

• 186 posts
    February 22, 2018 4:31 PM PST

Organized chaos ftw!

Really like the Bard, is that flame in his eyes?

This post was edited by VitaKorp3n at February 22, 2018 4:37 PM PST
    • 213 posts
    February 22, 2018 6:02 PM PST

I'm really happy you like that bard! =)  I actually had a few "bards" lined up but this one fit the time period best I think and while there were no bards that wore plate, he was still rocking his casual clothes pretty well I think.  =)  No flame in his eyes, but I am now seeing the error of my ways! LOL  His eyes were enhanced but nothing else added.  

• 186 posts
    February 23, 2018 10:53 AM PST

Very cool :) from one artists to another, I would say it is a happy mistake ;) the eyes add something interesting to the whole composition

• 213 posts
    March 1, 2018 1:05 PM PST

Aww shucks! Thank you! <3  Hearing good things from another artist is the best! =)  

• 316 posts
    March 19, 2018 10:07 PM PDT

The bard is so rad! Such a great interpretation!

This post was edited by Alexander at March 19, 2018 10:08 PM PDT
    • 213 posts
    March 31, 2018 7:38 PM PDT

Thanks Alexander!!!  I appreciate that!

• 13 posts
    April 1, 2018 3:15 PM PDT

Love the new stuff :)

• 213 posts
    April 2, 2018 10:12 PM PDT

Thanks Rykath!  :).    I've been thinking about doing some Dev spotlight ones soon, as a little break from the classes.  Might be fun!