Forums » Secret Class

Beastlord (EQ1) or Bloodmage (VG)

• 298 posts
    February 7, 2017 9:52 AM PST

Two really awesome classes that I think would fit in here really well. 

• 23 posts
    February 7, 2017 11:22 AM PST

I agree! I loved my beastlord from EQ. I understand some people don't like pet classes but I loved my VahShir Beastie.

• 609 posts
    February 7, 2017 3:31 PM PST

I never played a Beastlord but Bloodmage was a very cool class.  Not to derail the OP, but I really did love most, if not all of the Vanguard classes.  There were some very unique classes, such as the Bloodmage and Disciple, and even among the classes that were not completely originally existed some truly fantastically unique mechanics.  The Necromancer pet grafts comes to mind.  Bard song book mechanics, which allowed you to customize components for unique songs, is another.  And many others - really great stuff.

• 232 posts
    February 7, 2017 3:39 PM PST

As someone who played both I wouldn't mind seeing either or both added as expansion classes but we have a good set up for launch in my opinion especially if we get Bard and Necro in time.

• 2377 posts
    February 8, 2017 6:00 AM PST
    • 109 posts
    September 17, 2017 2:56 PM PDT

Nikademis said:

I never played a Beastlord but Bloodmage was a very cool class.  Not to derail the OP, but I really did love most, if not all of the Vanguard classes.  There were some very unique classes, such as the Bloodmage and Disciple, and even among the classes that were not completely originally existed some truly fantastically unique mechanics.  The Necromancer pet grafts comes to mind.  Bard song book mechanics, which allowed you to customize components for unique songs, is another.  And many others - really great stuff.

I agree, Vanguard really did classes right. If I like the classes that Pantheon comes up with as much, I will play the game for years. For me Vanguard was an improvement in most ways from Everquest other than the obvious issues others have stated. One more thing, Gnome socials in Vanguard entertained me for hours lol. 

• 16 posts
    October 10, 2017 10:48 AM PDT

I really enjoyed eq1 beastlord, I hope it makes the cut at some point in time.