Forums » Pantheon Classes

Basic Class Descriptions and Roles

• 780 posts
    January 31, 2017 2:10 AM PST

Iksar said:
    Shucklighter said:
    I don't see why a Paladin couldn't heal as well as a Crusader could.  I think a healing role is still quite possible for Paladins.

It would be a bit bland if they were healers. They came from being clerics so that would mean lore wise they would share most spells with clerics. Anything is possible right now though. 

Well, I'd still expect them to be tanks before healers, but I could see some of them being secondary healers...capable of healing a group if properly equipped and otherwise prepared for it...but yeah, this is the point of this post, I think.  It would definitely be nice to have a list of roles for classes...lol. 

EDIT: Added quote for clarity

This post was edited by Shucklighter at January 31, 2017 2:12 AM PST
    • 556 posts
    February 2, 2017 7:59 AM PST

Amsai said: For instance Monk: DPS/CC??? So while we can make educated guesses and speculate, we dont really know for sure. If its not officially a revealed class, its not official!

Well that totally depends on your definition of CC. CC means crowd control so techinically monk could fall into that category if they play similar to EQ's version. Split pulling is a form of CC after all. Those that were really good at it back then were able to keep a constant stream of single pulls incoming.

• 1778 posts
    February 2, 2017 10:07 AM PST
    Right but I mention as in having it be a specialty with a whole line of skills emphasizin it's ability to be up there with Enchanter. Which again don't really know cause its not official. I recognize any thing that can stop or prevent an enemy activity as CC as well. Though I do think it more likely Summoner or Druid would be the other CC main.
    • 780 posts
    February 2, 2017 11:39 AM PST

Maybe Paladins are a pet class?  Here's Brad spitting some ideas about pets classes could have (Old thread from June 2016).  These are just ideas, I believe.  Nothing official.  Still, it would be nice to know which of the plethora of ideas regarding class descriptions have taken hold, and which have been scrapped.

EDIT: Clarified that this is not new information.

This post was edited by Shucklighter at February 2, 2017 1:02 PM PST
    • 1778 posts
    February 2, 2017 12:34 PM PST
    If you are referring to the big pet thread. They are thinking of pets in general being a big part of the game. In Brads definition of pets he includes mounts, pack animals and battle pets. But mentions some classes might have utility pets instead. So in that respect it wouldn't be out of the question for all or almost all classes to be considered pet classes. But I think only a 4 or so will be actual battle pet classes.
    • 780 posts
    February 2, 2017 1:01 PM PST

Well, he mentions that a paladin's horse fights with him, and while weaker than a player, it is skilled at taunting and 'rescuing'...whatever rescuing is.  Sounds like the paladin's horse is a mount, a pack animal, and a combat pet all at once according to that.

• 1778 posts
    February 2, 2017 1:25 PM PST

I had forgotton about that, but Im pretty sure they also said not inside places like dungeons? Im gonna say you could be right but expect it in limited functionality and only in the overworld. 

Paladin..... Knight in shining armor, protector, defender, hero...... So if the horse can rescue someone then in what way? Assuming target is living: Horse attacks enemy with hooves distracting enemy. Assuming target is dead: Horse drags corpse to safety. Something like that.

• 1860 posts
    February 2, 2017 1:45 PM PST

Class descriptions are hard to come by.  The rate at which the class reveals have been releasing makes me wonder if there has been some sort of set back?

Cleric reveal 2/10/16

Rogue reveal 4/13/16

Shaman reveal 6/14/16

The class reveals were steady every 2 months for awhile...now it is almost 8 months since we have received the last one.  They seem to have been delayed for some reason.  I wonder what the reason for the delay could be?

• 780 posts
    February 2, 2017 4:15 PM PST

Says the paladin rides the horse in the open world, and in situations where he can't ride it, it fights beside him.  The only thing I can think of for 'rescue' is like some sort of intercept ability.

Yeah, Philo....quite sparse.  I believe they considered the December Stream to be part of the Shaman reveal since we got Shaman gameplay.  I don't think they've really had a setback.  They clearly have other classes they could have 'revealed' that we've seen streams from (wizard/enchanter).  I think they're just stingy with the secrets.

• 1778 posts
    February 2, 2017 5:25 PM PST

@Shucklighter

Could be but I read differently elsewhere. Cant remember where though. And as you said he was just spitting out ideas. Though who knows you could end up being right. As I said earlier nothing is official until its official. And Brad did say he wants pets (not any cosmetic of course) to be more important in Pantheon.

• 780 posts
    February 2, 2017 6:20 PM PST

To be clear, I'm not saying I want that version of Paladins.  I just thought it was interesting what he said there.  The druid part was interesting, also.  I wonder if you'd be locked into the one pet, or if it would be like WoW hunters where you'd stable them.  If you're locked in, I guess you're really going to have to think about what you choose.  If you have like a polar bear, I reckon you can't call him to you in the desert.  You know I'm hoping for my crowd control druid, so I'm always nervous when I see or hear about them getting other things.  A class can only have so many things, after all.  LOL.

• 1778 posts
    February 2, 2017 7:03 PM PST

I hear ya. I would like a non-healer CC/buffer/debuffer Druid as well. And honestly while Im not keen on pets, Im perfectly fine with animal transformations ^.~

• 780 posts
    February 2, 2017 7:20 PM PST

I'm okay with druids changing into animals as long as it doesn't turn me into a melee character.

• 1778 posts
    February 2, 2017 7:56 PM PST

I was thinking more for utility than battle. Like running like a Cheeta or Eagle Eye as an Eagle or Climb like a monkey.

• 780 posts
    February 2, 2017 10:03 PM PST

I'm okay with animal trasformations for utility, for sure.  Oh well.  Hopefully we get a class reveal in the next newsletter.

• 1778 posts
    February 3, 2017 6:52 AM PST

If anyone hasnt yet, Check the news section for the new Class/Race restrictions chart.

• 80 posts
    March 20, 2017 2:37 PM PDT

Shucklighter said:

You know I'm hoping for my crowd control druid.

Enchanter is the only one label as a Crowd Control character. Druid is Healer/Support.

• 80 posts
    March 20, 2017 2:40 PM PDT

Shucklighter said:

Enchanter is the only one label as a Crowd Control character. Druid is Healer/Support.

• 2752 posts
    March 20, 2017 4:41 PM PDT

Makinelly said:

Shucklighter said:

As the main role yes, but the support portion of Druid could still be CC. I figure the support is more the buffs they bring though.

I think they will end up being Druid: Healing/CC/DPS, Cleric: Healing/Reactive Buffs(like "oh ****" divine shields etc/CC, Shaman: Healing/Debuffs/DPS.

Who really knows though!

• 3 posts
    September 26, 2017 7:50 AM PDT

there should be a total pet taming class/ battling, with unique skills, stats, etc. everyone wants that.

• 724 posts
    October 3, 2017 5:37 AM PDT

In the stream with Cohh from a few months ago we could see Kilsin's rogue doing basic CC, sneaking up on a mob and hitting it with a stun for half a minute or so. That's something the rogue did in VG already iirc, so I wouldn't be surprised if they are the "second CC class".

Of course, it could also be the domain of another caster class. I've always thought that summoners offer themselves to that role, but a wizard might do this just as well.

• 2419 posts
    October 3, 2017 5:07 PM PDT

Sarim said:

In the stream with Cohh from a few months ago we could see Kilsin's rogue doing basic CC, sneaking up on a mob and hitting it with a stun for half a minute or so. That's something the rogue did in VG already iirc, so I wouldn't be surprised if they are the "second CC class".

Of course, it could also be the domain of another caster class. I've always thought that summoners offer themselves to that role, but a wizard might do this just as well.

Brad has said before that other than the Enchanter, crowd control would be a secondary ability which one or two other classes would have.  The Rogue CC, as Kilsin mentioned in one of the live streams, was really only for emergencies or rare usage because the stamina/power costs were so high.  He could either do DPS or try to do limited CC, not both.