February 16, 2017 4:14 PM PST

Kumu said:

Dreams crushed.

Hahaha, well it is one of my many titles my friend! :D

• 9115 posts
    February 16, 2017 4:15 PM PST

Nikademis said:

Kilsin said: 

I have always bought pre-built PCs, my last one was an Alienware which was ridiculously overpriced but I was making great money and didn;t mind as I really liked the brand, logos, lighting etc. but I have always wanted to build my own, I was just worried I will spend a lot of money and mess it up but after countless videos watching others do various builds and getting advice from friends and community members I finally took the plunge and it has been very rewarding, I will never go back to pre-built PCs now, it is just like expensive lego that can blow up and catch fire! Nothing to worry about at all... ;)

I had to wait a long time for my RAM to finally arrive two days ago, it was the only part that came from the US, the rest was shipped within a few days in Australia, so the last two days I have been putting it all together in my small pockets of spare time and so far it has been really enjoyable, I think I have everything wired up, connected and good to go, I just need to wait until tomorrow so I can take my GPU and extra SSD out of this PC to use in the new one, then hit the power button and hope for the best!

If you happen to see a mushroom cloud on the horizon tomorrow, you will know something went wrong, so send halp! haha :D

Nice! Grats Kilsin <3

I look forward to some sexy glam shots.

Thanks man! I will definitely post a few finished shots once I get it up and running, I am excited and can't wait to try it this afternoon :)

• 138 posts
    February 16, 2017 4:17 PM PST

Just out of curiosity, what's the function of the 40" TV? Are you just watching tv on it, or is it somehow tied into the system? I'm wondering b/c I have the ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q and 2 24" ASUS 1080p monitors out to each side, and find the idea of adding a TV like that interesting; I'm just wondering how it ties in? I would imagine that if you let your video feed to the TV while gaming it would kill your framerate, but I really don't know how a setup like this would work.www.amazon.com%2Fgp%2Fcss%2Forder-details%3ForderId%3D114-4423589-8895418%26eoid%3D1%253A1%253AVjJJSPxZUD6nV1kVnU2OIgcV1z5nbyJlnucqGdESBny9l2qNtgcqbM0APifHuF1sLXw0Xrs26A7tpMoPo4BKJS6Grz9TpBsN6bIh4QFVkeXBX15%252F8vRgxeCDs2QCi3zhb1e8gL32LAKh9zH8uA2XasewkN%252BZ6C9X8Z8MxPx%252FNnFungInUQ2rAuiJKhZaPB650KdDZEaj0Bhz7ODJ8G8dJc6%252FvZK74VyE78CoMImTPJdIMsujbLQsl7JU8FbLxqUt7Y4w8uU8bAuweniHOsuO4akhLjeBK5oKf2A2lWcbgfuz%252B0WWqSfKA4P%252BpP8z%252Ftn%252F%252FLpYFIDzKu2Kd6r527uWtw%253D%253D%26ref_%3Dpe_385040_30332200_TE_simp_od&A=2KCIIPLWUHAWPLIH5YQ1HFUSMQQA&H=D76PSW9IP9T2CBZ9RDCQN6R9UEYA&ref_=pe_385040_30332200_TE_simp_od" target="_blank">

• 9115 posts
    February 16, 2017 4:21 PM PST

Bardee said:

Hi Kilsin,

Your computer and budget are much like mine I built around a year ago. 1151 socket and Kraken liiquiid cooliing. You wont be sorry that I'm sure of.  I hope everyrthiing goes together smooth.

I would be interested to hear if you Kraken mounts to the top of your case fine?  I had to provide some feedback that wasn't positiive on my HAF case when my Kraken x61 wouldn't mount up wiith out some modding..

Anyways, congrats on a cool computer.

That is good to hear my friend, everything was fairly smooth, I did mount the Kraken to the top of my case, it fit within my case well as it had room for a 3 fan setup and the Kraken is only a 2 fan setup as you know, I made sure I got the cooler hooked up to the CPU and the fans attached before I mounted it to the top, I had to twist the unit around a different way to get the pipes going the way I wanted for better air flow and appearance but it was relatively easy and without any issues.

• 9115 posts
    February 16, 2017 4:25 PM PST

Katalyzt said:

Just out of curiosity, what's the function of the 40" TV? Are you just watching tv on it, or is it somehow tied into the system? I'm wondering b/c I have the ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q and 2 24" ASUS 1080p monitors out to each side, and find the idea of adding a TV like that interesting; I'm just wondering how it ties in? I would imagine that if you let your video feed to the TV while gaming it would kill your framerate, but I really don't know how a setup like this would work.www.amazon.com%2Fgp%2Fcss%2Forder-details%3ForderId%3D114-4423589-8895418%26eoid%3D1%253A1%253AVjJJSPxZUD6nV1kVnU2OIgcV1z5nbyJlnucqGdESBny9l2qNtgcqbM0APifHuF1sLXw0Xrs26A7tpMoPo4BKJS6Grz9TpBsN6bIh4QFVkeXBX15%252F8vRgxeCDs2QCi3zhb1e8gL32LAKh9zH8uA2XasewkN%252BZ6C9X8Z8MxPx%252FNnFungInUQ2rAuiJKhZaPB650KdDZEaj0Bhz7ODJ8G8dJc6%252FvZK74VyE78CoMImTPJdIMsujbLQsl7JU8FbLxqUt7Y4w8uU8bAuweniHOsuO4akhLjeBK5oKf2A2lWcbgfuz%252B0WWqSfKA4P%252BpP8z%252Ftn%252F%252FLpYFIDzKu2Kd6r527uWtw%253D%253D%26ref_%3Dpe_385040_30332200_TE_simp_od&A=2KCIIPLWUHAWPLIH5YQ1HFUSMQQA&H=D76PSW9IP9T2CBZ9RDCQN6R9UEYA&ref_=pe_385040_30332200_TE_simp_od" target="_blank">

I switch and use it for either TV, movies or a 4th monitor, it is set up to do all of those things but I do not use it to game on, just another monitor to move work to or display a document while I work on other things, it is handy for extra space but more of a convenience/luxury than anything. I sometimes stream some shows and sit back in my recliner behind my PC chair so it is nice to have the TV surround sound and a comfy recliner with a cold beverage while chilling watching something on stream whether it be Twitch, a Documentary or TV show on Amazon :)

• 138 posts
    February 16, 2017 4:52 PM PST

Kilsin said:

Katalyzt said:

I switch and use it for either TV, movies or a 4th monitor, it is set up to do all of those things but I do not use it to game on, just another monitor to move work to or display a document while I work on other things, it is handy for extra space but more of a convenience/luxury than anything. I sometimes stream some shows and sit back in my recliner behind my PC chair so it is nice to have the TV surround sound and a comfy recliner with a cold beverage while chilling watching something on stream whether it be Twitch, a Documentary or TV show on Amazon :)

Ahh okay. I have a 40" tv like 3 feet to my left, but it's not connected with my PC. I ust wanted to make sure I was not missing out on some new fanged awesomeness I had not come across.

• 563 posts
    February 16, 2017 5:46 PM PST

Katalyzt said:

Ahh okay. I have a 40" tv like 3 feet to my left, but it's not connected with my PC. I ust wanted to make sure I was not missing out on some new fanged awesomeness I had not come across.

Same here, though my TV is just off to the right, great to watch movies or some standup on the comedy channel while grinding :D

• 138 posts
    February 16, 2017 7:36 PM PST

Rachael said:

Katalyzt said:

Same here, though my TV is just off to the right, great to watch movies or some standup on the comedy channel while grinding :D

Exactly! Especially during downtime.

• 595 posts
    February 17, 2017 4:36 PM PST

Kilsin said:

Thanks man! I will definitely post a few finished shots once I get it up and running, I am excited and can't wait to try it this afternoon :)

How did the final install go Ben?  Did you get everything swapped and running?

• 9115 posts
    February 18, 2017 4:27 AM PST

I was finally able to finish the install and grab the GPU and SSD from my other PC, and wired it all up properly first go (I was proud of this lol) and got it to power up, post (after 4 auto resets which freaked me out) and then I was able to boot from a Win 10 image on a Sandisk flash drive and install windows, make a few tweaks and it came up really well.

I only had a few small issues but was able to fix those with the help of a few friends, I had a CPU fan error which stopped me from autobooting to windows and instead, stopped me on the BIOS screen every reset because I used a liquid cooler, so I just needed to go into the fan controls and ignore the sensor that kept giving me the F1 error.

I had an issue with one of my main 4TB storage drives not being recognised in "My PC" yet it showed in the BIOS, I was able to go in and initiate it and set it up as a storage drive with help from a friend and now I am just left with a weird sound card issue that is not important, as it seems a few others have the same issue as me online and I will wait to see if there is a fix coming soon (can't update the sound card with the manufacturers CD, says power not connected - which it is and has been tested several times)

Here are a few poor quality pics but please excuse the nooby cable management, I will go back in and cable it properly over the next week now that I know everything is working and plugged in properly, I made sure there was decent airflow, for the time being. :D

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at August 18, 2017 6:06 PM PDT
    • 186 posts
    February 18, 2017 7:57 AM PST

Great job, looks really good :)

• 595 posts
    February 18, 2017 9:35 AM PST

Sweet dude, I'm happy for you.  Nothing better than getting your new build up and running.  Now you just need some RBG lighting, because...well... that's what all the cool kids are doing these days.

• 563 posts
    February 18, 2017 12:55 PM PST

Nikademis said:

Sweet dude, I'm happy for you.  Nothing better than getting your new build up and running.  Now you just need some RBG lighting, because...well... that's what all the cool kids are doing these days.

Everyone knows some good RBG lighting will increase your CPU and GPU clocks by at least 1ghz :D

• 595 posts
    February 18, 2017 1:35 PM PST

Rachael said:

Nikademis said:

Everyone knows some good RBG lighting will increase your CPU and GPU clocks by at least 1ghz :D

Oh Rachael, you've gone over to the dark side!

• 9115 posts
    February 18, 2017 4:17 PM PST

VitaKorp3n said:

Great job, looks really good :)

Thank you! :)

• 9115 posts
    February 18, 2017 4:20 PM PST

Nikademis said:

Thanks man :)

Hahaha, I actually thought it would be more flashy and have more lights, I may grab a couple of magnetic RGB strips to light up the edges to show off the case better when I redo the cable management but so far I am just impressed with how fast it boots on the M.2 960 1 TB SSD and how quiet it is! I am like a kid in a candy store at the moment, the only downside is my Aussie internet connection trying to download all my games and programs again is being a buzz kill lol :D

• 9115 posts
    February 18, 2017 4:20 PM PST

Rachael said:

Nikademis said:

See, Rachael knows her stuff lol ;)

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at February 18, 2017 4:20 PM PST
    • 9115 posts
    February 18, 2017 4:51 PM PST

For those interested: I got a UFO rating with 72%

UserBenchmarks: Game 123%, Desk 154%, Work 112%

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K - 105.1%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 980 Ti - 128.8%
    SSD: Samsung 960 Pro NVMe PCIe M.2 1TB - 296.1%
    SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB - 97.8%
    HDD: WD Black 4TB (2016) - 112.5%
    USB: WD My Passport 2TB - 40.7%
    RAM: G.SKILL F4 DDR4 3200 C16 4x8GB - 105.7%
    MBD: Asus STRIX Z270E GAMING

• 595 posts
    February 18, 2017 4:55 PM PST

Kilsin said:

Nikademis said:

Hahaha, I actually thought it would be more flashy and have more lights, I may grab a couple of magnetic RGB strips to light up the edges to show off the case better when I redo the cable management but so far I am just impressed with how fast it boots on the M.2 960 1 TB SSD and how quiet it is! I am like a kid in a candy store at the moment, the only downside is my Aussie internet connection trying to download all my games and programs again is being a buzz kill lol :D

Doh! Dat Aussie ping ><

Yea, I am super looking forward to a new PCIE or M.2 SSD in my new build, they're killer!  I'm still several months away from pulling the trigger as I'm waiting for the impact of Ryzen and Vega and also just not in a huge rush, as my current rig is more than capable of running anything I would play, which surprise s, is currently nothing.  So outside of something unforeseen coming up, I'll likely just wait and make it a Pantheon Beta machine and maybe find some sweet displays on sale in the meantime.  For now I guess I'll just have to be all jelly and live vicariously through you mate ;)

If you do decide to go with RBG strips, check out CableMod.com while you're at it.  Since your psu is fully modular (well done), you may find some sweet cable colors to help put a nice personal touch on your build.  They have SATA cables too.  Dealers from all over the world carry their stuff (check the "where to buy") so you shouldn't have trouble getting your hands on some should you want.  They also have an Amazon storefront.

Also, if I'm not mistaken the STRIX has RGB headers which will allow you to control and sync any RGB you add.

https://cablemod.com/

This post was edited by Nikademis at February 18, 2017 7:20 PM PST
    • 9115 posts
    February 18, 2017 7:18 PM PST

Nikademis said:

Kilsin said:

Nikademis said:

Doh! Dat Aussie ping ><

Yea, I am super looking forward to a new PCIE or M.2 SSD in my new build, they're killer!  I'm still several months away from pulling the trigger as I'm waiting for the impact of Ryzen and Vega and also just not in a huge rush, as my current rig is more than capable of running anything I would play, which surprise s, is currently nothing.  So outside of something unforeseen coming up, I'll likely just wait and make it a Pantheon Beta machine and maybe find some sweet displays on sale in the meantime.  For now I guess I'll just have to be all jelly and live vicariously through you mate ;)

If you do decide to go with RBG strips, check out CableMod.com while you're at it.  Since your psu is fully modular (well done), you may find some sweet cable colors to help put a nice personal touch on your build.  They have SATA cables too.  Dealers from all over the world carry their stuff (check the "where to buy") so you shouldn't have trouble getting your hands on some should you want.  They also have an Amazon storefront.

Also, if I'm not mistaken the STRIX has RGB headers which will allow you to control and sink any RGB you add.

I am interested in seeing what Ryzen and Vega have in store too, it is smart to wait, if I could have waited longer I would have definitely put it on hold but I needed to get this done as soon as possible for myself and my bro.

That is awesome, thanks mate, I will check them out! :)

• 595 posts
    February 18, 2017 7:20 PM PST

Kilsin said:

Nikademis said:

Kilsin said:

Nikademis said:

Doh! Dat Aussie ping ><

Also, if I'm not mistaken the STRIX has RGB headers which will allow you to control and sink any RGB you add.

I am interested in seeing what Ryzen and Vega have in store too, it is smart to wait, if I could have waited longer I would have definitely put it on hold but I needed to get this done as soon as possible for myself and my bro.

That is awesome, thanks mate, I will check them out! :)

Yea man, you bet ;)

• 38 posts
    February 19, 2017 8:21 AM PST

Grats on the awesome PC.

Now you wont have to upgrade for a few years :)

• 9115 posts
    February 19, 2017 2:36 PM PST

Bardee said:

Grats on the awesome PC.

Now you wont have to upgrade for a few years :)

Thanks Bardee! I know it is a good feeling my friend :)

• 138 posts
    February 24, 2017 12:52 PM PST

<------------------------------------------- Beautiful tigers!!! 

• 2752 posts
    February 24, 2017 4:28 PM PST

Kilsin said:

Thanks Bardee! I know it is a good feeling my friend :)

So few feelings so good as a fresh newly built PC. 

Someday soon™. I want 144hz/fps Pantheon at max settings.