Forums » The Dark Myr

The Look!

• 1748 posts
    January 19, 2017 12:02 PM PST

I like the seafolk looking attire. Ive been meaning to ask for a while about the crest on her head. Is that female specific? Do all Myr have it? Different shapes and sizes? Ivory, Coral, or Spiney Fin stuff?

Can they get Sharp teeth :o

• 1700 posts
    February 10, 2017 9:26 PM PST

Hmm sound like questions for the Devs to answer. :)

• 28 posts
    March 9, 2017 5:53 AM PST

There is something beautiful about the Dark Myr and their tragic back-story.

In their current 'Dark' incarnation, there is a seed of their former selves.  If they could just move past their pain and ego (not a derogatory reference), and find something to grant that seed of hope fertility...  Hmm.

There was mention of Faction and Alignment being malleable through gameplay.  I wonder...  :)

• 180 posts
    March 12, 2017 4:44 PM PDT

I just read this on the race page and I thought it provided a little insight into the race that many of us are clamoring for.

In the present Frail Age, the Dark Myr are seeking to claim the old glories of Issul. They have subdued their realm of the ocean and built a glorious city in honor of Syronai. Yet beneath the surface of splendor, there is an unsettling current that runs through the deep places, where the Dark Myr have descended like the ancient leviathans they were born to destroy. 

According to this line it seems that the Myr are able to swim and breath underwater. It might be a level/quest base but I am more than thrilled with this.  I suspect that Myr are born with legs and lunges but once puperty or a certain life point is reached they gain the ability to breath underwater and I suspect that gills and tails are a side effect or even different quests/acheivements for lack of a better word.

I also wonder if there will be new lore and such that pops up due to mutations of the race, "if a child is born with the blessings of the sea, then that child will..."  that kind of thing.  It does not come right right and say it but I am left with the impression that the starting city of the Myr is both underwater and above.  Their realm of the ocean to me implies that they have regained the water breathing and tails that they had when they first appeared in Terminus but also they are trying to get back to what they were before they came to Terminus...

• 710 posts
    April 3, 2017 12:21 PM PDT

I'm also trying to get a handle on the orange/red on her head. Is it horns? Or a crown of some kind? 

• 1700 posts
    April 4, 2017 11:28 AM PDT

Looks like its a growth of horns coming from her head.  Like coral or something like that.

This post was edited by CanadinaXegony at April 4, 2017 11:29 AM PDT
    • 72 posts
    April 16, 2017 7:53 PM PDT

RustedOne said:

There is something beautiful about the Dark Myr and their tragic back-story.

In their current 'Dark' incarnation, there is a seed of their former selves.  If they could just move past their pain and ego (not a derogatory reference), and find something to grant that seed of hope fertility...  Hmm.

There was mention of Faction and Alignment being malleable through gameplay.  I wonder...  :)

Of the Backstories I've combed through, they are definitly one of the more interesting races.