Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Pantheon ruined my gaming for now

• 62 posts
    January 16, 2017 10:22 AM PST

Yes, i so look forward to the game i lost all interest in other games. I quit my ESO account and am currently not in the mood to start up anything else. I only read the forums and check out youtube for Pantheon video's. It's gonna be a long long year for me :*(

Hopefully something will catch my interest for the time being.

• 1618 posts
    January 16, 2017 10:35 AM PST

I really can't get into anything else right now, either. I play games for the long term. Don't want to get started in something now, only to abandon it as soon as Pre-alpha comes out.

• 626 posts
    January 16, 2017 11:57 AM PST

Same... I'm a mess when it comes to gaming of late. Just nothing that is making me want to get on at night and play. 

• 3016 posts
    January 16, 2017 2:01 PM PST

knoote said:

Yes, i so look forward to the game i lost all interest in other games. I quit my ESO account and am currently not in the mood to start up anything else. I only read the forums and check out youtube for Pantheon video's. It's gonna be a long long year for me :*(

Oh man doncha hate when that happens?  I've been in holding pattern since early 2014 ..waiting on Pantheon :)

• 633 posts
    January 16, 2017 3:05 PM PST

Ditto

• 839 posts
    January 16, 2017 4:34 PM PST

I am in the same boat too, enjoying P99 / Phinigel but at my play time being Australian it's often fairly low population, still enjoy my time on their, but cant stop thinking of Pantheon! 

Tried to get back into Skyrim with some mods to make it a bit different and while massive kudos to the mod makers for their innovation I am just always still wishing I was in Pantheon :)

• 32 posts
    January 16, 2017 4:42 PM PST

knoote said:

I hear ya man.  There is a certain zen feeling to unplugging for a little while.  Really what you are doing is honing your skills for the moment when you finally do get called up to test, then it's on like donkey kong.  So right now you are like Rocky Balboa training before the big fight, except you don't have to run or jump rope, you are training your BRAIN by nourishing it with information.

*fist bump*

• 170 posts
    January 18, 2017 11:37 AM PST

Folks I 100% agree with everyone here nothing else looks remotely interesting really. I'll I've been doing is playing Battlefield 1 on a Tactical Hardcore server where weapons are limited there are no tanks or planes and only bolt action rifles. But all I tell friends about is Pantheon. I read the forums and sometimes post. I watch Youtube Pantheon stuff and I invested in 2 Pantheon accounts Purchased my wife and myself Knights pledge (wish I could have afforded more) a year ago (maybe longer). We cannot wait to get into alpha and try out all the different classes and races we can. Explore as much off the beaten path as we can. Get into a guild and make friends. Learn to craft and so many other things. I want to make a Skar Shaman and get him doing alchemy and just enjoy the world they are building and we are learning so much about. Anyway, I can't wait to play with all of you in game. Will one of you be the guy that starts a website or will we be hoping AllaKhazam (or somebody else) does? 

This post was edited by Abacda at January 19, 2017 5:15 PM PST
    • 839 posts
    January 18, 2017 1:59 PM PST

Abacda said:

Folks I 100% agree with everyone here nothing else looks remotely interesting really. I'll I've been doing is playing Battlefield 1 on a Tactical Hardcore server where weapons are limited there are no tanks or planes and only bolt action rifles. But all I tell friends about is Pantheon. I read the forums and sometimes post. I watch Youtube Pantheon stuff and I invested in 2 Pantheon accounts Purchased my wife and myself Knights pledge (wish I could have afforded more) a year ago (maybe longer). We cannot wait to get into alpha and try out all the different classes and races we can. Explore as much off the beaten path as we can. Get into a guild and make friends. Learn to craft and so many other things. I want to make a Skar Shaman and get him doing alchemy and just enjoy the world they are building and we are learning so much about. Anyway, I can't wait to play with all of you in game. Will one of you be the guy that starts a website or will we be hoping AllaKhazam (or somebody else) does? 

Orsenfelt is going for it with this one, here is the thread he started if you want to show your appreciation for his hard work!

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/4209/pantheon101

• 73 posts
    January 18, 2017 5:48 PM PST

knoote said:

I'm right there with you. No game is really grabbing me, except Pantheon. I would love to run around get familiar with the world, even if it's only one zone. I've decided to visit some old goodies... giving XCOM Apocalypse a whirl ATM. It's not going so well :(

• 93 posts
    January 18, 2017 7:33 PM PST

My online gaming addiction is actually stopped in regards to playing at least.  Nothing is actually that appealing at the moment, struggling to find much interest.  

The upside of it is that I've gone back through my 'offline' games and playing through some I have not actually completed.  So recently finished Mass Effect, still looks decent enough for a game that released in 2007.  Thoroughly enjoyed it.

How many others here have a library of games that actually have never been completed?  

• 73 posts
    January 19, 2017 3:08 PM PST

Vaultarn said:

How many others here have a library of games that actually have never been completed?  

I don't have too many. It's a pet peeve of mine to not finish a game; Darkest Dungeon comes to mind. Great game but the way it's suppose to be played is not fun for me.  

This post was edited by VicNuggets at January 19, 2017 3:09 PM PST
    • 208 posts
    January 20, 2017 11:48 AM PST

I have a big Steam library backlog from a couple years of sales I have never played. I'm going through those.

• 31 posts
    January 22, 2017 9:55 AM PST

knoote said:

Sorry to hear of your sudden lost interest knoote, indeed it can be a long year for us all. After reading some, I see folks shifting focus to their rigs, I think this is worth keeping me busy for a while too, so I think I'll give mine some attention. I have a wish list going and so far am planning to add a new Evga gtx 1080 and definitely a new ultra wide monitor. I usually make tech buys right around 4th of July to maximize my discounts. I would probably buy now if I had something worth playing too, but for now your misery has my company.

This post was edited by SyriusNorthstar at January 22, 2017 9:55 AM PST
    • 556 posts
    February 1, 2017 12:18 PM PST

In the same boat here. Lost interest in most console stuff long ago and tired of the current MMO trend. Friends still trying to talk me back into wow, ffxiv, and eso but I just can't bring myself to do it. Thought about going back to some EQ for a minute but it's just not the same. 

• 781 posts
    February 1, 2017 2:47 PM PST

knoote said:

You and me both my friend ! :)  I believe all of us on these forums are in that same boat...haha