Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

if the Devs had to sacrifice a feature

• 1618 posts
    January 16, 2017 6:41 PM PST

HemlockReaper said:

Beefcake said:

Unless you have a big 50 over your head, why would a level 20 mob know you were level 50?

I would expect the Mobs to have the same or similar tools at their disposal as we players do, so if i can see their levels or even their threat rating, they should to, if nothing else my reputation should precede me :)

Uh huh.

• 780 posts
    January 16, 2017 6:45 PM PST

Looks like there are three ways to reply here (at least).

For things that actually feel like sacrifices to me:

1. I'd give up graphics.  I would prefer everything looks great, but I'd play if it never got better than the last stream.

2. Mentor System.  It seems cool and would probably solve my problem of leveling past friends, but I could live with it coming in later.

3.  Integrated Voice Chat.  I'm not the kind of guy that wants to be on voice all the time, but I do agree that it can be amazing if done right.  Can make do with TS/Vent/Mumble/Discord in the meantime.

For the things I could most easily do without:

1. Progeny.  It scares me (assuming you have to give up the character).  If it offers any advantages at all, it's going to feel obligatory to me.  It actually comforts me that so many here are concerned or otherwise not into it.

2.  Mounts.  Don't like the way they generally pop in and out of existence and I have difficulty thinking of a way to implement them that makes sense and doesn't trivialize travel.

3.  Any sort of talent trees or class splits.  I want a Paladin to be a Paladin all the time.  I don't want half of them to be tanks and half of them to be healers...or to have them say, "Well, I can tank, or if you get another tank, I'll respec and heal."  Let them all have the same things available at all times (I know many disagree and don't feel this way).

For Kilsin's positives...the things I would least want to give up:

1. Colored Mana/Living Codex.  I guess this is two things, but they seem to go together.  I like the idea of needing to collect these relics which basically seem like mana jars to me.  I like the idea of going around the world and filling up your different relics with different manas.  I like the idea of switching out your auxiliary mana source to get different effects and/or tailoring your spells and abilities to do slightly different things when using different manas.

2.  Acclimation.  I like the emphasis on the 'E' in PvE.  I like the idea of having to acclimate to different environments through various means. I'm excited to see the ways players can use, affect, and be affected by all of the different environments.

3.  Original EverQuest style faction system.  I miss this system dearly and am excited to have something similar in PRF.  It just added so much depth to the world in my opinion.

• 9115 posts
    January 16, 2017 9:56 PM PST

Xilshale said: Guess I should have flipped it and phrased it that way, wasn't intending negative impact or view just discussion based on what little is known (or from similar games). Sorry Kilsin

All good man, keep it in mind for next time ;)

• 393 posts
    January 17, 2017 4:31 AM PST

Honestly, I don't know enough about any of the features yet to give an informed response.

I am still puzzling over the Progeny system though. I really would not wish to sacrifice my main to continue playing forward.

Still, I would like to understand before I had a solid opinion.