Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Just realized how long we have known....

• 801 posts
    January 16, 2017 5:43 AM PST

Brad McQuaid, 

@Aradune

and half of the people that made EQ etc... I still remember the day back in 1999 when it was released, best damn game i have ever played. It was THE game of the time, and scared the **** out of me loading into NEC forest. Remember we never had games like this before ever.... so it was a game that you would always remember.

18 friggin years Brad? I just now realized how long we actually have been playing your games, and now this one? can we give it till 28 years???

HAHAH

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MAN!!!! 

LMAO

Mod Edit: Consolidated double post and lost image in the process.

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at January 16, 2017 6:07 AM PST
    • 510 posts
    January 16, 2017 5:52 AM PST

In 1999 I logged in to Erud Palace the first time and pretty quickly made it to our "newb area", Toxx Forrest.  Erudites have horrible night vision and you really couldn't see your hand in front of your face.  First goal was to find and kill a fire-beetle so you could have a light source.  Level up a little and hit that little island between Qeynos and Erud and hunt down some Light Wisps - because they were a much better light source - and you could make some cash with that back in Toxx forrest...

• 7 posts
    January 16, 2017 5:52 AM PST

I remember sitting back in Ultima Online with my friend chatting in our Castle when he told me there was this new game coming out called Everquest. I quickly sold my castle and towers, and have never looked back. Brad is a visionary, and I have thoroughly enjoyed each of his creations; I hope to enjoy Pantheon just as much! It's a refreshing back turn towards what made gaming fun, PVE and Community, and something that has been very lacking lately; I truly can't explain how thrilled I am to once more be looking forward to an MMO!

~Sokol

This post was edited by Sokol at January 16, 2017 7:40 AM PST
    • 801 posts
    January 16, 2017 5:57 AM PST

I completely agree, it was the best moments we had in a MMO like everquest. We all where newbies, with 20-30 people all killing beetles etc...

So much to remember. Then when i saw lavastorm i freaked out thought i was in a hell.

Going to east commons was scary too, because we had skellies at the roads end and we had different people zoning into fight the guards. I think those where alpha players with higher lvls then us.

I also remember running from the beetles and that, to the guards.

Getting that first bronze piece of gear was Plat!!

• 9115 posts
    January 16, 2017 6:09 AM PST

Hey Crazzie, I had to move this to off topic man and when trying to consolidate your double post, the image wouldn't copy so it had to be removed. Please try to keep everything in your original post as double posting is against the rules my friend. :)

• 3016 posts
    January 16, 2017 9:08 AM PST

Was 1998 for me...last phase beta and then the lonnnng wait for release (my impatience made it seem longer lol)    And how I found out about Pantheon...I used to do the occasional search on the Net to find out what Brad was up to..if he was making a new game or what.    Bingo ;)   Faithful fan all the way. :)  back then in 1998 I was still roleplaying in a 2-D game called The Realm.   A roleplaying friend of mine told me about Everquest,  how it was THREE D (magical!!)  and coming out soon.  She hooked me up with a beta disk,  and that's the last time I ever played The Realm (a Sierra Online game).     With Pantheon's release I will be coming full circle...with Brad McQuaid's games.  :)

Cana

This post was edited by CanadinaXegony at January 16, 2017 9:11 AM PST
    • 3016 posts
    January 16, 2017 9:15 AM PST

Crazzie said:

I completely agree, it was the best moments we had in a MMO like everquest. We all where newbies, with 20-30 people all killing beetles etc...

So much to remember. Then when i saw lavastorm i freaked out thought i was in a hell.

Going to east commons was scary too, because we had skellies at the roads end and we had different people zoning into fight the guards. I think those where alpha players with higher lvls then us.

I also remember running from the beetles and that, to the guards.

Getting that first bronze piece of gear was Plat!!

Those danged beetles in Unrest..at level 12 I think I was.   They were tough lol  And the massive trains of zombies etc.  Plus I used to lag out badly,  those were the dial-up days of walking into walls due to lag...falling into pools of water,  and pounding my desk in frustration lol.