Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

When Pantheon Goes Live...Plans?

• 160 posts
    January 16, 2017 1:45 AM PST

More succintly, how many days straight will you be calling in sick to work, and how many hours of sleep will you actually get?

I'm probably taking my phone off the hook for at least a week's playtime when it all starts up.

Clients be damned! LOL

• 780 posts
    January 16, 2017 2:23 AM PST

I'll try to take a couple weeks off, but it's going to depend on what time of the year it releases.  Months like October have a lot of mandatory work days for me. 

• 1618 posts
    January 16, 2017 4:12 AM PST

Two weeks off work.

This post was edited by Beefcake at January 16, 2017 4:12 AM PST
    • 3016 posts
    January 16, 2017 9:21 AM PST

corpserunner said:

More succintly, how many days straight will you be calling in sick to work, and how many hours of sleep will you actually get?

I'm probably taking my phone off the hook for at least a week's playtime when it all starts up.

Clients be damned! LOL

I am expecting to be bleary-eyed,  caffeinated and having my landline unavailable ..well I'd better be careful I'll have people knocking at the door wondering if I'm still alive LOL  But I'll be in there living in the Pantheon virtural world as much as possible. :)

• 2886 posts
    January 16, 2017 9:43 AM PST

Yeah I get 2 weeks paid vaca each year, so I imagine I'd probably use it all then. Huge stockpile of pre-cooked food/bottled water. Average 5 hours of sleep per night. Go back to work looking like a caveman.

I used to pee in bottles at my desk during hardcore gaming sessions in college (TMI? haha) but fortunately I think Pantheon will have enough built-in downtime that it won't be necessary this time lol.

• 62 posts
    January 16, 2017 10:16 AM PST

I will take 2 weeks vacation just so i can play the game. Hopefully i can pursuade my wife in those 2 weeks to also play the game. She always waits playing new mmo's until she sees i am content with it.

• 8 posts
    February 1, 2017 10:19 AM PST

I plan on using atleast 2 weeks vacation time to binge the game lol

• 97 posts
    February 1, 2017 11:01 AM PST

I don't know how much time I'll have saved up by the time release rolls around. My 2nd little monster is due to join the family in August so I'll be taking some time off for that. Now if the game is out at that point, or at least in beta, I might use some of that time to play, but obviously it can't be a priority lol.

• 781 posts
    February 1, 2017 2:49 PM PST

vacation time for me :)   Well spent !

• 97 posts
    February 2, 2017 6:28 PM PST

I will probably have at least 10 days off.  If it's real good I may take another week.   

• 363 posts
    February 7, 2017 2:11 PM PST

Taking 2-3 weeks off work with paid vacation. When asked where I'm going, I'll be sure to sternly respond, "TERMINUS! I HAVE TO SLAY THE DRAGON!"

• 170 posts
    February 7, 2017 6:14 PM PST

I work 8-10 hour days in a row and then have 6 days off. So for me, if I take the 8 off (which is like taking 2 weeks off because it costs 80 hours of PTO) I will actually be off 20 days! so that's me at release.

• 595 posts
    February 7, 2017 7:37 PM PST

At least a week.  Like @Shucklighter, the time of year will play a role in how much time I can take at launch.  Fall is an exceptionally busy time of year for me so it would be difficult to take more than a week from mid-September - mid-December.  Summer and winter would be easier to take two weeks.  The unfortunate part is that fall is my favorite time to play games; the weather changes and the rains begin, makes for some cozy gaming sessions ;)

• 219 posts
    February 8, 2017 6:23 AM PST

I max at 200 hours vacation time saved. Which is currently maxed. So I will be using all 5 weeks when Pantheon releases. My wife and I are moving in the next couple of months back to a larger city. My company transfered me AGAIN !. So I will have high speed internet at the house again. So yea, going to use all 5 weeks. I figure 35 days at the computer is a good starting point

• 595 posts
    February 8, 2017 11:39 AM PST

Pyde said:

I max at 200 hours vacation time saved. Which is currently maxed. So I will be using all 5 weeks when Pantheon releases. My wife and I are moving in the next couple of months back to a larger city. My company transfered me AGAIN !. So I will have high speed internet at the house again. So yea, going to use all 5 weeks. I figure 35 days at the computer is a good starting point

Haha, wow!  Five weeks, nice!  

In fairness, I have nearly complete autonomy with my job so I can pretty well come and go as I please (if you can even use that term when working from home...) so I will actually have more time than my vacation time dictates.  So long as I get what needs to be done completed then there are no questions asked.  And I can also front load a ton of work to get a few extra days, I will just have to plan accordingly when we have a timeline for launch.

• 2752 posts
    February 8, 2017 11:52 AM PST

I imagine I will try to take at least a few days off, maybe bookend a weekend with Friday/Monday off. Not sure how much vacation time I will have come release, nor how stable servers will be since more often than not the first few days/week can be a real pain in the rump for stability. 

• 129 posts
    February 9, 2017 8:32 AM PST

I'm literally taking time off. I am also getting my son an account. Then my I, my wife, my son, and the rest of my guild will be there for launch. I typically do enjoy a spot of rum and some Dr. Pepper followed by some delivery pizza and a late night. Right until I realize I have four kids at 2AM and I look over at Lycian and go "Yeah, we should probably go to sleep." Then I resume the next morning after I sleep because i'm weak. lol