Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Barber Shop+

• 432 posts
    January 14, 2017 11:20 PM PST

Hello all,

I did a search for a topic like this and couldn't find one.  Can we expect to see a hairstylist at certain major cities? I think it would be really nice if different major cities had different styles or different options for changing your appearance. Perhaps Haflings know a few different hair-styles than the elves do, but the elves have the ability of using special herbs to permenantly darken or lighten somebodies skin-tone. It would also be amazing (just like the race) if gnomes could augment a persons physical form (plastic surgery). No race switching or anything that extreme.

The option to customize your character later on would personally help me feel better at launch. I take too long in character generation as it is, it would be nice to know that I could change my hair-style, hair color, even face later on if I had the cash and time to do it. Sometimes you want to hop right into the game you know?

and having each race have their own special 'thing' they do in terms of cosmetics sounds like a fun reason to travel. I have a feeling later I would make a new character and travel alllll the way from the human starting town to the dwarven kingdom just to get the right beard style on my human which they do not have at the barber shop at the human starting town. If faction played a part I could see an Ogre grinding rep with dwarves just to finally be able to talk to the hair-stylist and get that epic handlebar mustache they saw another ogre have.

Random brainstorm ahead. These are the races I see doing something more than hair-styles. Anyone else wana take a whack?

Dwarves: Beards-styles

Dark Myr: Gender change

Ogres: Muscle-tone, weight, hight (slider bar)

Elves: Skin Tone

Gnomes:  Face change 

Skar: Tatoo's, Hair-styles

-Todd

• 724 posts
    January 15, 2017 2:14 AM PST

I see no problem with barber shops where you can change your hairstyle or beard form. Could be a nice money sink too.

I'm a bit more sceptical about facial or tattoo changes, as these things are kind of permanent :) But hey, in a world of magic, why shouldn't some mage specialize in removing old tattoos or growing/shrinking your nose? This should be more difficult to do however (perhaps very expensive, or the mage requires a rare item (quest) before he will help you, ...).

• 38 posts
    January 15, 2017 8:43 AM PST

I think this is the kind of thing people have come to expect in modern MMOs, and I think it only makes sense to have it in Pantheon.  Your idea about having only certain styles, or only being able to change certain aspects at certain barbers is interesting and might be a nice new spin on the idea.

I do think it's necessary to provide the player some way to change (or update) thier toon's appearance after creation.  The devs already seem not too keen on appearance armor or wardrobe slots, so this might be a nice compromise for those of us who get pretty vain about our character's looks.  =)

• 3016 posts
    January 15, 2017 10:07 AM PST

You could change your looks in Vanguard in the character screen..after the character had been born in the world.   Wondering the same thing,  also remember hairstylist/barber type set up in Star Wars Galaxies.  There was an actual profession for that..the entertainers loved going to get a "makeover" well at least the Dancers. :)

• 2886 posts
    January 15, 2017 10:12 AM PST

I think in EQ you could change your appearance any time you want for free. But a barber definitely makes more sense for hair/beards. I wouldn't even limit beard changes to dwarves. If your race has an option for a beard on creation, it should be able to be changed at a barber. I also think any race that has an option for tattoos on creation should have a tattoo artist in their city to change them later if desired. All other appearance features should stay the same after creation. (Just trying to think logically)