Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

New 3 hour gameplay

• 72 posts
    January 13, 2017 5:03 AM PST

Good day!  One can only watch the same 3 hour videos so much. we are ready for another!  Could you make it an eight hour game play session this time?  That would great.

• 626 posts
    January 13, 2017 5:43 AM PST

I myself love the small amount of gameplay they have shown and I hope they don't show too much more. I would love to leave most of it up to us to find/figure out.

• 9115 posts
    January 13, 2017 5:50 AM PST

We have stated that we will have a new stream in the works as soon as we can implement enough updates and changes to show progress, it won't be 8 hrs though and it won't be too far away either but no ETA as usual ;)

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at January 13, 2017 5:50 AM PST
    • 159 posts
    January 13, 2017 6:46 AM PST

I'm just wondering how heavily camped the Named from the streams will be, seeing as how we're being shown spawn location and what does/doesn't work :p

• 3852 posts
    January 13, 2017 6:52 AM PST

People look at the streams and comment on them in the EQ and EQ2 forums - not always favorably. Far better to wait and show progress so that even people that aren't impressed can see that the trend is clearly towards making things better.

• 2886 posts
    January 13, 2017 11:23 AM PST

shasta said:

Good day!  One can only watch the same 3 hour videos so much. we are ready for another!  Could you make it an eight hour game play session this time?  That would great.

So basically you're saying you've grinded the heck out of the new content and now you're bored, so you're asking for an expansion? Noted lol.

I'm one to talk... I've watched all the streams tons of times. But the amazing thing is I still feel like I realize something new about them each time. I also realize there are more important things than having other people keep my attention span satisfied. Patience is a virtue ;P

• 1281 posts
    January 13, 2017 12:05 PM PST

I'd rather wait 6 months between streams if it means new and great content each stream. Weekly or montly streams of the same ol' stuff would get boring. Plus spoil the game.

• 363 posts
    January 13, 2017 12:21 PM PST

I'd love to see one too, but as Kilsin stated, I want there to be valuable development progress for th team to show off. So here I am, waiting patiently.

... /cry

• 38 posts
    January 13, 2017 2:49 PM PST

Kilsin said:

We have stated that we will have a new stream in the works as soon as we can implement enough updates and changes to show progress, it won't be 8 hrs though and it won't be too far away either but no ETA as usual ;)

Oh, looking forward to that, definately!  I'm kind of late to this party so still in the "can't get enough" stage. =)

• 3016 posts
    January 13, 2017 6:24 PM PST

shasta said:

Eight hour...wow lol.  Not sure I could sit through that.  3 hours was good. :)

• 97 posts
    January 13, 2017 6:52 PM PST

Saicred said:

I myself love the small amount of gameplay they have shown and I hope they don't show too much more. I would love to leave most of it up to us to find/figure out.

The streams are one method of getting people to sub to the game.  If each stream brings in 15-20 more people, then that is good for the game.  Obviously they won't do streams every 2-3 weeks, but one every 6-8 weeks is fine.  I am guessing once alpha starts, they may stop entirely as well. 

• 32 posts
    January 13, 2017 6:55 PM PST

CanadinaXegony said:

shasta said:

Eight hour...wow lol.  Not sure I could sit through that.  3 hours was good. :)

I know, right?  Need a real comfortable chair!  It's one thing if you're playing but sitting there watching for HOURS ... yikes :)

• 134 posts
    January 13, 2017 7:44 PM PST

Kilsin said:

I just had a thought Kilsin. If you guys are going to keep doing streams occasionally and when Alpha/beta starts, why not have the community help you out with that to save some planning time. Instead of having a group of Devs stream, have the players stream with a guest Dev to answer questions. It would serve your purpose of having to plan one and just let your players tell the story, as the game should!

• 24 posts
    January 13, 2017 8:15 PM PST

Dhampir said:

Kilsin said:

I just had a thought Kilsin. If you guys are going to keep doing streams occasionally and when Alpha/beta starts, why not have the community help you out with that to save some planning time. Instead of having a group of Devs stream, have the players stream with a guest Dev to answer questions. It would serve your purpose of having to plan one and just let your players tell the story, as the game should!

I see what your saying, but if i had to guess, it may be a legal/image issue, if they are the only ones streaming the official content before the game is released they can control and protect said content. As opposed to if say a fan/player streams something containing a lot of swearing or what not that gets a lot of complaints they may be held responsible. Though admittedly my knowledge of the laws around such things is minimal, this would be my guess.

• 9115 posts
    January 13, 2017 9:36 PM PST

Dhampir said:

Kilsin said:

When the game is released sure, but not while it is under strict NDA and in development my friend.

• 1434 posts
    January 13, 2017 9:48 PM PST

When you get tired of watching the streams, it's time to watch them backwards at half speed. It's like a brand new stream, and twice as long. That's also where they hide all of the secrets.

• 1778 posts
    January 13, 2017 10:53 PM PST

Dullahan said:

When you get tired of watching the streams, it's time to watch them backwards at half speed. It's like a brand new stream, and twice as long. That's also where they hide all of the secrets.

This made me laugh harder than it should have. Well done sir.

• 22 posts
    January 14, 2017 4:44 PM PST

Dullahan said:

Genius!

• 3016 posts
    January 15, 2017 10:58 AM PST

Dullahan said:

LOL!!