Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

What is everyone going to be playing until Pantheon?

• 15 posts
    March 10, 2017 6:25 PM PST

Various 4x games and RTS games only until Pantheon comes out. I'm fed up with all other mmo games for one reason or another. I'm hoping that the game tenets about Pantheon will actually appear and endure.

This post was edited by Syrenol at March 10, 2017 6:25 PM PST
    • 52 posts
    March 11, 2017 8:43 AM PST

I just refresh the forums and b.s. in Discord. 

This post was edited by Zaide at March 11, 2017 8:43 AM PST
    • 668 posts
    March 11, 2017 9:52 AM PST

I have a private server for Minecraft when I feel like being creative...  Always survival mode

I also broke out my old favorites, Might and Magic VI - VIII...  damn good games!  I also went pretty far in Elite Dangerous which is one of the better space flight simulation games I have ever played.

I simply can't believe the large amount of games out there right now wow...  just check out Twitch and it just blows you away.

• 2886 posts
    March 11, 2017 11:40 AM PST

For whatever time I'm not on the forums or playing Skyrim, I recently picked up The Last of Us cause I've heard so many good things about it and I like to expand my gaming horizons every once in a while because knowledge is power. I'll also probably try to finally finish Shadow of the Colossus.

And I'm curious to see what kind of reception Shadow of War gets.

• 14 posts
    March 11, 2017 6:46 PM PST

Wintertyr said:

Playing Vanguard, Disgaea 1 and 2, and alot of Civilization or Age of Empires.

Where are you playing Vanguard?  Is the emulator servers still attempting anything?  Last I had checked, they had no NPC interactions, no fighting, etc..

• 2886 posts
    March 12, 2017 3:08 PM PDT

Toredorm said:

Wintertyr said:

Playing Vanguard, Disgaea 1 and 2, and alot of Civilization or Age of Empires.

Where are you playing Vanguard?  Is the emulator servers still attempting anything?  Last I had checked, they had no NPC interactions, no fighting, etc..

That must have been a while ago. As far as I can tell, it's obviously not complete, but it's pretty playable. Check out this thread: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/4841/best-source-for-vanguard-information

This post was edited by Bazgrim at March 12, 2017 3:08 PM PDT
    • 2752 posts
    March 12, 2017 7:33 PM PDT

Spending the time now wishing I had pre-ordered a Switch. Why does Nintendo in particular suck so bad at launching with enough consoles? 

• 563 posts
    March 12, 2017 8:13 PM PDT

Iksar said:

Spending the time now wishing I had pre-ordered a Switch. Why does Nintendo in particular suck so bad at launching with enough consoles? 

As much as it feels that way, the switch has had quite good launch numbers, from what I see about 300,000 units sold in Japan, 80,000 in UK, 100,000 in France (not sure about NA) with an estimated 2 million being preduced by the end of march. You've got to remember both the PS4 and Xbox One sold out in the first weeks and started being sold by scalpers on e-bay just like the switch did :P

I've been really enjoying Torment: Tides of Numenera the past weeks or so :D

This post was edited by Rachael at March 12, 2017 9:21 PM PDT
    • 2752 posts
    March 12, 2017 9:29 PM PDT

Rachael said:

As much as it feels that way, the switch has had quite good launch numbers, from what I see about 300,000 units sold in Japan, 80,000 in UK, 100,000 in France (not sure about NA) with an estimated 2 million being preduced by the end of march. People don't seem to remember both the PS4 and Xbox One sold out in the first weeks and started being sold by scalpers on e-bay just like the switch did :P

I've been really enjoying Torment: Tides of Numenera the past weeks or so :D

I'm just having flashbacks to the Wii launch, where they were out of stock for what seemed like a year. Everywhere I've called says they aren't expecting more until mid April, which might just be to not have to deal with people. 

• 2138 posts
    March 13, 2017 9:20 AM PDT

I ressurected my old EQ account 3 months ago on the same server. I am subbing to daybreak.

• 191 posts
    March 13, 2017 11:50 AM PDT

My brother and I started up a couple characters on Project 1999 while we wait.  Send me a /tell some time at: Windingo

• 172 posts
    March 13, 2017 2:35 PM PDT

Was playing P1999 for some time, but I am now into Arma 3, Planetside 2, and back into Skyrim with mods.  I am trying not to burn myself out on MMORPGs before Alpha arrives.  I know that when PRotF Alpha starts, I will be all over that exclusively for a long, long time.

• 3852 posts
    March 16, 2017 9:19 AM PDT

I prefer MMOs these days - a diametric shift in my views since the days of the MUDS when I was a diehard single player game person.

I just bailed out of EQ2 - again - after getting another 30 characters to maximum level. Too easy and too little that I wanted to do at maximum level. And Daybreak is discouraging having "alts" again.

I downloaded Black Desert although I had heard bad things about it - and some good things. While it was installing I did more research. Korean game - possibly bad they tend to go in for endless grinding and too much pvp for me. Sometimes too much anime - I like realistic images. Action combat - probably bad, my reflexes aren't what they were 50 years ago. Automatic flagging for pvp at maximum level - no option to prevent the occasional gank of this carebear - very very bad. Mounted combat of the LOTRO type - fast moving and using different skills than unmounted combat. Worse than very very bad. Horrifically bad. Awful, atrocious,  abhorant, antithical. Mounted combat at that speed literally makes me nautious. It is why I left LOTRO.  Black Desert was uninstalled before I got to the one part of it I would have enjoyed - character creation.

I pretty much am out of ideas to the point I just reinstalled Age of Conan which I had played many years ago when it was released. As with LOTRO it is a game that I got for the lore - I had read all of the original Conan books just as I read all of the Lord of the Rings books oh so many years ago.

This post was edited by dorotea at March 16, 2017 9:20 AM PDT
    • 200 posts
    March 16, 2017 1:02 PM PDT

I'm playing WoW vanilla on a private server and Elder scrolls online. Other games are not interesting for me ATM. 

Greetings

• 47 posts
    March 19, 2017 9:27 AM PDT

Aredhel said:

Got sucked into ESO with a couple of guildies. Rather half-heartedly, but I'm there just to have something to do. Was going a bit nutso and didn't want to jump back into Norrath. The longer I play, tho, the more I know, with a certainty, I don't care for quest-driven games. Artwork is phenom, tho!

I've been playing ESO the last few months, and i've come to realize it's nothing more than a GW2 remake, but a lot less fun. I started playing it again when the housing announcement came out, but that also has been a huge letdown. I also hate that everthing levels to you. You can go anywhere in the world at lvl 2 and everthing is the same level as you. Granted they get a bit easier to kill once you start accumulating skills but it greatly decreases the accomplishment of leveling up :(

• 2138 posts
    March 29, 2017 7:08 PM PDT

This is unreal- in Everquest and on the Firiona Vie server- Every day- I mean every day- there is one person that says " haven't played in 10 yrs and am coming back" Every day for the past 3 months or so,

If I group with these poeple I am going to try to mention pahtneon, but alot of folks - who remembered me! are telling me to go to test.

If there was a time now is the time- such a groundwell of nostalgia- tell you what- next stream? I will word-of-mouth it to friends in EQ.

This post was edited by Manouk at March 29, 2017 7:11 PM PDT
    • 2138 posts
    March 29, 2017 7:08 PM PDT

*double post*

This post was edited by Manouk at March 29, 2017 7:09 PM PDT
    • 154 posts
    March 29, 2017 8:44 PM PDT

I'm bouncing between WoW ( for the PvP ) and Champions Online. I adicted to Champions Character creation system. I can spend hrs there making a new toon.

This post was edited by Risingmist at March 29, 2017 8:45 PM PDT
    • 220 posts
    March 29, 2017 8:53 PM PDT
    P99- larro look me up if ya wanna hang.

Everyone is talking about pop locked eq server, but with the leveling curve and the raidaholics I don't expect to see many people enjoying the adventure. More of a race to be the newest guild to beat everyone else to Quarm. I would do a seasonal server where they wipe everyone after some achievement has been met and then restart for another achievement.

Other than that I dusted off my Super Nintendo and super metroid some days. Secret of mana some days. Also out there looking for some of my favorites ,Zelda, secret of evermore, ff3, chronotrigger, mega man.
    • 24 posts
    March 30, 2017 3:33 AM PDT

I'll be playing mostly Archeage, DDO, GW2 and Worms W.M.D probably. Maybe the last Deus Ex if i feel like it or a brand new game that shows up.

I keep coming back to Archeage regularly, because it's one of the few games that you can still play when you're bored of killing mobs, which happens to be my case sometimes. But i also quit it regularly, because you need to play all the time when you get patron, which gets me fed up regularly too.

Cheers

• 8 posts
    March 30, 2017 1:08 PM PDT

EQ - Phinny Ragymn, Ragefire - Akimo

Also been enjoying some ME:A on the good ole Xbox1. Other than that, I mess with a bit of overwatch and or D2/D3 every now and then. 

Sadly though, nothing is really holding my interest. Looking for anything MMO related to try out till Pantheon Alpha. 

• 2886 posts
    March 30, 2017 6:41 PM PDT

Has anyone else tried out Chivalry?

• 2752 posts
    March 31, 2017 9:13 AM PDT

Now that I picked up a Nintendo Switch I am playing the hell out of it, haven't been into consoles in a long time but this thing is pretty great. Currently alternating between Zelda:BotW and Has-Been Heroes, with Shovel Knight waiting for me after those. 

Bazgrim said:

Has anyone else tried out Chivalry?

Yep, loved that game for a good long while. Tons of fun!

• 123 posts
    April 2, 2017 3:03 AM PDT

Mass Effect Andromeda ... between crashes, and during crashes I play at "Watch the blue screen".

• 724 posts
    April 3, 2017 12:54 PM PDT

Just trying out FFXIV for the first time. I find it very well done so far (I'm only in the low teens ;) with great musical score and game world atmosphere. Of course its mostly soloing and questing up to this point, but today I spent some time doing the trainer tutorials for grouping. As a pugilist for example, I got several tutorial fights explaining how to evade, attack, help group mates, focus combat and so on. Makes me look forward to doing some real grouping! I really like this tutorial method, and think it would be excellent to do something similar in a game like Pantheon too!

I'm also taking another look back at Elite: Dangerous, when I feel the itch to do some space trucking :) The game has been improved quite a bit, with a nice mission system, and voice-over comms when you launch or land at a spaceport...makes it really immersive to play again. I haven't checked if anything has changed on the PvP side of the game, currently I'm playing on my own in solo mode only.

And if neither of these, and I have way too much time available, I still like to play a game of Civilization 6, and sometimes Civ: Beyond Earth.