Forums » The Dwarves

Make Dwarves 'bigger' please.

• 122 posts
    August 30, 2018 9:41 AM PDT

tehtawd said:

Just because it doesn't match what you're used to doesn't mean it's "not ok." It's all part of creative license. I mean, Terminus dwarves are made of freaking ice and stone. They don't even really have muscles at all. I, for one, think that's pretty sweet. Regardless, dwarves, like humans and every other race, come in all sorts of shapes and sizes. Have you seen the Duergar from D&D? Don't be so narrow-minded. I imagine you'll have the option to make your thick dwarf. But that doesn't necessarily mean every dwarf will look like that.

Hi Bazgrim, 

Hey, calm down a bit friend. Take a read at my post again and see that I went through a lot to explain how all of this was an opinion. And it is my opinion that the current iteration of dwarves is "not ok." The goal of my post was to draw attention to my opinion and request for a second pass. I am not trying to pass off my opinion as some kind of global truth everyone should be wary of and cater to. I do not know how many feel the same as I or how many disagree, but as you re-read you will note I am merely sharing an opinion, a request, and leaving a space open for discussion for people to also add to this if they feel the same. 

While I cannot stop anyone from disagreeing, I can certainly make a request to have people share how they feel respectfully.

Please be careful Bazgrim, saying things like 'Don't be so narrow-minded', That is insulting, and I don't care for it. I feel like if you read my original post again you would understand things a little better. I'm sorry if anything I wrote miscommunicated anything. Text is hard to work with but its all we got.  Thanks for joining the discussion.

-Todd

Why was the phrase " Don't be so narrow-minded " so insulting to you out of curiosity? It did seem like you were focused on the one model and not remembering that there will be customization options for races, so they will not all look the same and what I took away from his comment was not to limit your scope on what they could look like to the one model. 

• 315 posts
    August 31, 2018 5:44 AM PDT

LucasBlackstone said:

tehtawd said:

Just because it doesn't match what you're used to doesn't mean it's "not ok." It's all part of creative license. I mean, Terminus dwarves are made of freaking ice and stone. They don't even really have muscles at all. I, for one, think that's pretty sweet. Regardless, dwarves, like humans and every other race, come in all sorts of shapes and sizes. Have you seen the Duergar from D&D? Don't be so narrow-minded. I imagine you'll have the option to make your thick dwarf. But that doesn't necessarily mean every dwarf will look like that.

Hi Bazgrim, 

Hey, calm down a bit friend. Take a read at my post again and see that I went through a lot to explain how all of this was an opinion. And it is my opinion that the current iteration of dwarves is "not ok." The goal of my post was to draw attention to my opinion and request for a second pass. I am not trying to pass off my opinion as some kind of global truth everyone should be wary of and cater to. I do not know how many feel the same as I or how many disagree, but as you re-read you will note I am merely sharing an opinion, a request, and leaving a space open for discussion for people to also add to this if they feel the same. 

While I cannot stop anyone from disagreeing, I can certainly make a request to have people share how they feel respectfully.

Please be careful Bazgrim, saying things like 'Don't be so narrow-minded', That is insulting, and I don't care for it. I feel like if you read my original post again you would understand things a little better. I'm sorry if anything I wrote miscommunicated anything. Text is hard to work with but its all we got.  Thanks for joining the discussion.

-Todd

Why was the phrase " Don't be so narrow-minded " so insulting to you out of curiosity? It did seem like you were focused on the one model and not remembering that there will be customization options for races, so they will not all look the same and what I took away from his comment was not to limit your scope on what they could look like to the one model. 

Just a guess, but he likely felt insulted because calling someone narrow-minded is an insult.  That's just a guess though.  Perhaps a less insulting way to phrase that would have been something like "open up to new ideas" or "I get what you're saying, but there are differing opinions."  *shrug*

• 16 posts
    September 12, 2018 12:20 PM PDT

I like the idea of a slider so players can customize for what they want. Dwarves should come in all shapes and sizes (staying on the shorter end of the spectrum of course).

I want mine to be grotesquely fat/morbidly obsese because watching him simply run will be hilarious. 

I really hope there will be some vocals added to them. I loved the sound of dwarves exerting themselves in WoW. Very funny stuff. Vocal emotes are fun stuff.