Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

if you could design ONE in-game item....

• 2138 posts
    December 27, 2016 4:56 PM PST

What would it be?

Mine would be a unique bag, from a long and graduated quest that was useful along the way. It would start as a 2 slot, tiny container. but would evolve to a 10 slot giant 100% Weight reduction container- with the following capabilities:

In one section of the 10 slot bag, that section could be "opened" to show another bag with 8 slots, large capacity. However. in this 8 slot bag one of THOSE slots could be opened to show a 6 slot, medium bag, and one of THOSE to a 4 slot, small and one of THOSE to a 2 slot, tiny.

remember, you still have 9 slots to do the same on the original bag. So- minimalistly (sp?) speaking in your 10 slot giant bag. you clould have 9 giant items, in the 10th slot of that bag, a bag with 7 large items and in the 8th slot of THAT bag a,  bag with 5 medium itemsand in the 6th slot of THAT bag a bag with 3 small items, and in the 4th slot of THAT bag, a bag with two tiny items.

Limitation is , once you open the slot and put something in the smaller bag- that smaller bag takes up that slot- but if there is a slot open in the smaller bag- that can be opened and sort of folded in on itself

I suppose it would be a stress on video card resources, if you had all slots open to show a.....

10 * 8, that is 10, 8 slot bags,  or 80 open slots. 

Open each for a 6 slot bag, that is 80,  6 slot bags or 80* 6 = 480 open slots

Open each for a 4 slot bag that is 480, 4 slot bags  or 480 * 4 =1,920 open slots

Open each for a 2 slot bag, that is 1,920, 2 slot bags for a total of 3,840 open tiny slots.

But you know what I mean, I hope.

ok nm I think this is impossible.-

But what nifty item would you like to see?

This post was edited by Manouk at January 19, 2017 12:31 PM PST
    • 1618 posts
    December 27, 2016 5:00 PM PST

The Wand O' Wonder.

It would randlomly changes It's affect. Sometimes it's a fire wand, other times it's a lightning wand. Sometimes it buffs you with SoW.

Its never the same.

• 284 posts
    December 27, 2016 5:20 PM PST
    Gonna take a different tack and say I'd love to see chairs in in-game libraries that let me sit and read the books in the library.

Barring that, I'd love to have a few books on the fairy tales of several different cultures.
    • 1618 posts
    December 27, 2016 5:25 PM PST

Or, I could create the two-handed, mutually exclusive, false dichotomy hammer of declaration. 

Anytime I disagree with someone's point of view, I just beat them into submission by gently whacking their post with a declaration of mutual exclusivity and labeling it as a false dichotomy.

I would never have to post any actual arguments for my point of view.

Of course, this being a unique weapon, I think someone else has already looted it as their signature weapon.

This post was edited by Beefcake at December 27, 2016 6:09 PM PST
    • 633 posts
    December 27, 2016 7:23 PM PST

I would design the coolest magic item in the game.  An ice cube that never melts.  Great for parties.

• 61 posts
    December 27, 2016 7:49 PM PST

I would make a unique loot item that randomly cursed others and tweeted insults at 3am:  A Small Pristine Statue of Donald Trump.  

Or maybe just /em loots  A Collector's Edition A-Team Lunchbox.

• 556 posts
    December 28, 2016 8:55 AM PST

Beefcake said:

Or, I could create the two-handed, mutually exclusive, false dichotomy hammer of declaration. 

Anytime I disagree with someone's point of view, I just beat them into submission by gently whacking their post with a declaration of mutual exclusivity and labeling it as a false dichotomy.

I would never have to post any actual arguments for my point of view.

Of course, this being a unique weapon, I think someone else has already looted it as their signature weapon.

Not sure how to top this one lmao. Well done.

I would want my item to be something pretty iconic to the game though. So I would try to take it a little more serious :P

Since I generally play tanks I would say something like the Sword of Khazas. Considering just how powerful he was in their original world and before giving up his immortality he may have imbued upon a sword some of that power. Imbuing it with so much of the frozen winds of their lands that it both freezes and burns it's enemies. Allowing it to ignore any cold or heat resistances and inflicting more damage while also boosting the innate cold resist of the user.

• 319 posts
    December 28, 2016 9:06 AM PST

Maybe an auto-parachute. I tend to walk off the side of mountains and bridges. When I first played eq i started  a second tune in quenos. Since i knew the route to freeport I started my level 5 on a dash to freeport. Along the way heading from east Karana to high hold I seemed to drift off  and fell of the road while climbing the long hill up. Somehow I landed on a ledge with 1 hp left. I had to stand still there til I recovered my hps. I will never forget that feeling. Being revived back in surefallglade was not my best choice.

• 1778 posts
    December 28, 2016 9:09 AM PST
    I'd make dice (die) that you can use as an item to gamble.

Or use it in battle for a small buffs but if you roll snake eyes instant party wipe. Use caution. LOL.
    • 78 posts
    December 28, 2016 9:19 AM PST

A tunic that gives great regeneration power!

Wait...

• 1618 posts
    December 28, 2016 9:24 AM PST

Amsai said: I'd make dice (die) that you can use as an item to gamble. Or use it in battle for a small buffs but if you roll snake eyes instant party wipe. Use caution. LOL.

I would roll those every time the boss mob is at 5% health, just tempt the wipe. 

• 1778 posts
    December 28, 2016 9:32 AM PST
    @Beefcake

Right!!!
    • 2419 posts
    December 28, 2016 11:04 AM PST

Manouk said:

What would it be?

Actually my contribution level includes designing an item.  So it is something I've been contemplating a long time.  All I determined so far is it will be a Shaman specific item.

• 1618 posts
    December 28, 2016 11:36 AM PST

Vandraad said:

Manouk said:

What would it be?

Actually my contribution level includes designing an item.  So it is something I've been contemplating a long time.  All I determined so far is it will be a Shaman specific item.

Cool! I wish I backed it sooner, so I could have gotten those rewards.

I recommend naming it The Spear of Pigglesworth, after the soon to be legendary Shaman.

• 668 posts
    December 28, 2016 12:04 PM PST

I think it would be amazing to find a ring that had two gem slots.  Finding rare gems along the way that could fit in the slots, you could effectively change the rings stats for different events.

For example, throw in the red and yellow gem to create an "orange" glow...  This would add cold reduction and endurance stats.  Add in a blue and light blue gem for fire resistence and other stats.  Perhaps creating purple have different stats with increased mana regen.  The options are endless..!

This post was edited by Pyye at December 28, 2016 12:05 PM PST
    • 137 posts
    December 28, 2016 1:04 PM PST

Mask of the Many Faced God

Quest item that requires a massive amount of faction work with the Faceless Men as well as a long drawn out quest process that ends with killing your own class trainer. The initial ability would allow the player to cast an illusion of your class trainer, but eventually a player could fruther the quest line and add to the Mask the ability to take on the illusion of other huminoids that the player has collected. Some illusions would do nothing other then change a players appearance, others may effect faction with a given group or even provide minor stat adjustments.

.......Winter is coming....wait its here...nevermind, I live in Florida

• 610 posts
    December 28, 2016 3:49 PM PST

The ability to insta killed any arse that paste their stupid parse numbers in any chat channel :P

• 2130 posts
    December 28, 2016 3:50 PM PST

Sevens said:

The ability to insta killed any arse that paste their stupid parse numbers in any chat channel :P

The ability to instakill players who complain about parsing.

• 610 posts
    December 28, 2016 3:53 PM PST

Liav said:

Sevens said:

The ability to insta kill the players who complain about my complaing

• 2130 posts
    December 28, 2016 3:58 PM PST

Sevens said:

Liav said:

Sevens said:

I never saw the Extended Edition of Inception.

• 610 posts
    December 28, 2016 6:06 PM PST

Liav said:

Sevens said:

Liav said:

Sevens said:

I never saw the Extended Edition of Inception.

LOL

This post was edited by Sevens at December 28, 2016 6:06 PM PST