Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

No Shaving Until Pre-Alpha. Who's In?

• 511 posts
    May 28, 2017 11:59 PM PDT

Cromulent said:

Dreconic said:

Another month has come and gone, my beard is hanging in there how are the rest of you doing?

My beard is getting pretty damn long at the moment. I'm getting to that age where my hair is falling out so when ever I sit at the my desk I subsconcioulsy play with my beard and I look down and my desk is covered in hair. Rather annoying problem. I think I'm going to have to shave my beard off soon this is getting silly :).

I am right there with you!

• 3016 posts
    May 29, 2017 7:52 AM PDT

Thought I'd peek in here and see how you guys are doing...VERY nice Guys! :)  I note you are getting a bit of curl in your beard Beefcake.  :)    I love beards by the way, always have. :)

• 1618 posts
    May 29, 2017 3:14 PM PDT

Thursday or Friday will be the next post. Hopefully, the one after that will be for the Pre-alpha announcement.

• 316 posts
    May 31, 2017 12:05 AM PDT
    You rock, Beef!
    • 1618 posts
    June 1, 2017 4:40 PM PDT

Alexander said: You rock, Beef!

Thanks, Alexander!

5 months into the No Shaving Until Pre-Alpha Challenge.

I think it's starting to affect my outlook on life.

• 18 posts
    June 1, 2017 6:28 PM PDT

Just need a woad and you'll make a great barbarian Beefcake!

• 3016 posts
    June 7, 2017 5:29 PM PDT

Beefcake said:

Thanks, Alexander!

Definite Epic Barbarian Face lol   need some blue war paint now :D

• 2886 posts
    June 7, 2017 5:44 PM PDT

Beefcake said:

Thanks, Alexander!

We've created a monster.

• 839 posts
    June 7, 2017 7:51 PM PDT

Haha Nice one Beef! When Panth releases can you please shave it off and create a range of different styles as you do and post them in the forums! Go you good thing!

• 39 posts
    June 14, 2017 3:00 PM PDT

So is posting a youtube vid of the beard and a fake halloween sword allowed on the non promotion rule? It's a non monitized channel. I need to shave soon, getting messy to eat out with the ladies, actually look's like I crawled out of a dungeon now lol. I am not going in pre alpha but still lol. I had to work on Solar project so I let it all grow anyway might as well.

This post was edited by Vash at June 14, 2017 3:06 PM PDT
    • 1468 posts
    June 17, 2017 5:38 PM PDT

I couldn't cope anymore. My beard was getting stupidly long so I shaved my head and my beard off. It is just too hot at the moment to have any sort of hair at all. Sorry folks.

One thing I have learnt is that I hate having a beard. I won't be doing this again.

• 9115 posts
    June 17, 2017 5:55 PM PDT

Vash said:

So is posting a youtube vid of the beard and a fake halloween sword allowed on the non promotion rule? It's a non monitized channel. I need to shave soon, getting messy to eat out with the ladies, actually look's like I crawled out of a dungeon now lol. I am not going in pre alpha but still lol. I had to work on Solar project so I let it all grow anyway might as well.

You can post a single video on a relevant topic but you cannot just post a link to your channel or try to market it/promote it within our community. :)

We just don't want hundreds of people flooding our development forums with spam to their YouTube and Twitch channels when this is about Pantheon and developing and promoting our game and our official channels ;)

Once we launch, I will be dedicating a lot of time to streaming with you all and jumping into your videos when asked but for now, we need to keep the peace and keep our forums clean of advertising to other people's social media, some of which make a living from it.

• 1468 posts
    June 17, 2017 6:26 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

Once we launch, I will be dedicating a lot of time to streaming with you all and jumping into your videos when asked but for now, we need to keep the peace and keep our forums clean of advertising to other people's social media, some of which make a living from it.

That sounds cool :). I have big plans when it comes to streaming Pantheon.

• 39 posts
    June 18, 2017 11:21 AM PDT

About 8 months or longer to grow this Epic Beard for the contest, gonna be hard to beat guys hope you have
    been eating lot of fish and anti balding medications.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wy6563K0hFY

This post was edited by Vash at June 19, 2017 11:17 AM PDT
    • 9115 posts
    June 18, 2017 6:08 PM PDT

Vash said:

About 8 months or longer to grow this Epic Beard for the contest, gonna be hard to beat guys hope you have
    been eating lot of fish and anti balding medications.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wy6563K0hFY

If this is not the right away to put the video in let me know or delete, I tried the video embed tool.

Hahaha, that was awesome Vash, love the video and the beard my friend, nice job! :)

Now I have to go and check the servers to make sure there are no bearded guests sneaking around! lol :D

• 1860 posts
    September 4, 2017 9:29 PM PDT

Last post was in June!  Show us those beards...

• 3237 posts
    September 7, 2017 10:24 PM PDT

• 248 posts
    September 8, 2017 1:09 AM PDT

Wow, oneAdseven, I'm impressed!!     xD

-sorte.

• 3016 posts
    September 8, 2017 7:40 AM PDT

oneADseven said:

Now that's a DREAD Beard!! :)

• 780 posts
    September 8, 2017 7:45 AM PDT

Lol.  Is this still going on?  Or have you all given up?

• 1468 posts
    September 10, 2017 1:52 PM PDT

Shucklighter said:

Lol.  Is this still going on?  Or have you all given up?

I kinda gave up. I'm not really an impatient person but when it comes to beards and waiting for pre-alpha I had to make a judgement call on whether I could realistically wait until pre-alpha and since we still have no idea when it will be I shaved it off. On the plus side I now have a much more manageable beard.

• 220 posts
    September 10, 2017 5:05 PM PDT

my beard has begun to consume solid foods... soon I will need to take precautions while I sleep.

• 1618 posts
    October 3, 2017 11:35 AM PDT
    I gave up when it became clear that PA1 was not coming any time soon. Will keep monitoring the situation. Maybe once PA1 comes out, I will reset to No Shaving Until Launch!
    • 470 posts
    October 4, 2017 5:58 PM PDT

We might all end up looking like this guy. :p

Image result for very long beard

• 213 posts
    October 11, 2017 6:51 PM PDT

/giggles @OneDaySeven.  That just made my day hahahahaahahahahaha!