Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

No Shaving Until Pre-Alpha. Who's In?

• 3016 posts
    February 26, 2017 1:54 PM PST

Gamerchick said:

Have to agree with the others you look happier/kinder with the bearded look.  :). I made my hubby grow a beard too.  I love beards!

Me too Gamerchick..trouble is I was married to a man that had a hard time growing one..heh   I wonder if Miracle Gro would have been helpful? :P  (plant fertilizer)

• 77 posts
    February 26, 2017 2:13 PM PST

Enitzu said:

Dude, if this happened for me I could so get a leading role in Vikings at the rate I grow facial hair lmao. 

haha I was just thinking that myself. I go two-three days without shaving and I already can't see my chin/jawline.

• 1618 posts
    February 26, 2017 5:21 PM PST

Let's get the next stream and pre-alpha going soon. The itching is getting to me. All the sauces end up in my flavor-saver.

• 77 posts
    February 26, 2017 5:23 PM PST

Beefcake said:

Let's get the next stream and pre-alpha going soon. The itching is getting to me. All the sauces end up in my flavor-saver.

head and shoulders on it helps, or tea tree shampooish or lotion

• 77 posts
    February 27, 2017 9:21 AM PST

Day 3 for me.

This post was edited by Nolvu at February 27, 2017 9:22 AM PST
    • 162 posts
    February 27, 2017 9:27 AM PST

Lol, I haven't shaved for like 2 years, my beard is almost to my stomach now and thinking i need to trim it some. The wife doesn't want me to shave it, some days I want to shave it, buy if i decide I'll definitely shave it around pre-alpha. I hope I get the money to participate in that between now and when it starts.

• 316 posts
    February 27, 2017 1:58 PM PST

Dubah said:

Lol, I haven't shaved for like 2 years, my beard is almost to my stomach now and thinking i need to trim it some.

https://www.worldbeardchampionships.com/ !

• 162 posts
    February 27, 2017 2:18 PM PST

Alexander said:

Dubah said:

Lol, I haven't shaved for like 2 years, my beard is almost to my stomach now and thinking i need to trim it some.

https://www.worldbeardchampionships.com/ !

Lol my beard is not championship worthy. Granted it's long, but i have really thin facial hair, so it looks really thin like there is almost no hair there. Ok, well it's not that thin, but it's pretty thin.

• 1618 posts
    February 27, 2017 2:36 PM PST

Nolvu said:

Day 3 for me.

Woot another Champion! I can already tell you will be much more impressive than I.

• 3852 posts
    February 28, 2017 7:33 AM PST

If enough people do what the thread caption says, all I can say is that the pre-Alpha release date will be truly hair razing.

• 9115 posts
    February 28, 2017 4:23 PM PST

dorotea said:

If enough people do what the thread caption says, all I can say is that the pre-Alpha release date will be truly hair razing.

Hahaha :D

• 1618 posts
    March 1, 2017 10:54 AM PST

Beefcake said:

Beefcake said:

Beefcake said:

Post your starting beardless picture, then monthly show your progress until Pre-Alpha starts. 

Day 1 of the Bearded Challenge!

Now, we need a DEV to commit to the cause.

One month into the challenge. I know, not that impressive.

2 months and itching... How much more punishment must I endure?

• 257 posts
    March 6, 2017 3:01 AM PST

I assume this challenge means no grooming ... anywhere?

ack!

• 1618 posts
    March 6, 2017 10:22 AM PST

Retsof said:

ack!

I am married. No need to impress her. She is stuck with me.

• 3016 posts
    March 6, 2017 10:48 AM PST

Beefcake said:

Retsof said:

ack!

Oopsie never take for granted,  keep the magic happening. :)        So how many bearded participants do we have now  .."Invasion of the Beards"  :) Also wondering if VR will assign some sort of recognition for the "best beard".     Forum tag maybe?  Just for memory or nostalgia.      In the beginning..there were beards.  hehehe

This post was edited by CanadinaXegony at March 6, 2017 10:51 AM PST
    • 1618 posts
    March 6, 2017 10:58 AM PST

CanadinaXegony said:

Beefcake said:

Retsof said:

ack!

Oopsie never take for granted,  keep the magic happening. :)        So how many bearded participants do we have now  .."Invasion of the Beards"  :) Also wondering if VR will assign some sort of recognition for the "best beard".     Forum tag maybe?  Just for memory or nostalgia.      In the beginning..there were beards.  hehehe

As long as I take her to Japanese Steakhouse at least once or twice a week, I can get away with murder --- of pixels at least.

• 39 posts
    March 6, 2017 11:27 AM PST

If that's all there is I got this beat but im about to shave off a six month Santa sized white beard. Don't want to look like Santa with shorts on summer vacation at the waterpark.

• 1468 posts
    March 6, 2017 5:17 PM PST

I'm in on the not shaving trend. I have a rather long beard as we speak. I think I need to trim my tasche as hair is growing over my lips but otherwise I haven't shaved :). Not sure how long I'll be able to cope with this though. Having a beard is annoying.

• 1618 posts
    March 6, 2017 5:20 PM PST

Pics or it didn't happen.

• 1468 posts
    March 6, 2017 5:40 PM PST

Beefcake said:

Pics or it didn't happen.

I'll see if I can get a photo up in a day or two. I'm not actually sure how to style a beard so at the moment it is just a mass of unstyled hair. It doesn't look that good :).

• 22 posts
    March 7, 2017 6:54 AM PST

I'm in...... No leg shaving for a while. Sure you want me to post pictures? :P

• 1618 posts
    March 7, 2017 8:00 AM PST

Solitude said:

I'm in...... No leg shaving for a while. Sure you want me to post pictures? :P

Your membership in the cause is welcome.

• 5 posts
    March 8, 2017 12:55 PM PST

I could not grow a decent beard if I tried.. I also can count chest hairs,without resorting to using my toes for extra numbers.

• 668 posts
    March 13, 2017 1:02 PM PDT

Damn Beef that is impressive...  Especially with NO GRAY in it..  Do you not stress??

Unfortunately my line of work will not allow me to participate, just a goatee. So I am in spirit sporting the goatee.

Image may contain: one or more people, sunglasses, beard and closeup

This post was edited by Pyye at March 13, 2017 2:30 PM PDT
    • 1618 posts
    March 13, 2017 1:05 PM PDT

Pyye said:

Damn Beef that is impressive...  Especially with NO GRAY in it..  Do you not stress??

Infortunately my line of work will not allow me to participate, just a goatee. So I am in spirit sporting the goatee.

Image may contain: one or more people, sunglasses, beard and closeup

Good start!

Nah, you just don't see the grey. It's on the sides. I have a wife and kids. Grey is to be had.