Forums » Pantheon Classes

My healing hopes

• 159 posts
    December 24, 2016 2:57 PM PST

(originally posted on a thread on the druid section)

Regarding how I hope each healer goes, to avoid "every healer heals as good as each other spell to spell" blandness.  Because if every heals blasts the same HP  per second why have different healer classes?

Raids: I figure clerics will be the "tank healer" for raids, shm will handle hots and cures and druids will have long term regens and quick cast or AE heals for non tanks who catch ripostes.  Everyone has a use and a role to play in raid settings that coincides with XP group play style for the class.

Grouping: clerics will cast a few big heals, druids will spam fast heals on top of long term Regen spells (and possibly damage shields on tanks to speed kills) and shm will slow mobs and cast hots to heal while the mob hits way less offen.  

Example how  all 3 balance out, different styles all able to heal equally well but in various ways (not all casting the same 500 pt heal with one cast):. Assume the tank takes 500 damage in 10 sec of melee.

Cleric heals for 800 in one spell that takes 10 sec to cast.  The cleric also has a HP/ac buff reducing the tanks DMG taken and increasing HP pool.  In this scenario the tank only has taken 450 HP DMG and has 200 more HP due to cleric buff.   More orderly, less spammy heals.

Druid has a Regen that heals 20 per sec and spams 2 5 sec cast 200 heals.  In this cast the druid has a damage shield so in the 3 hits the tank took to have 500 DMG taken, the mob has taken 90 damage and dies faster.

Shaman slows the mob 50% so in that time the tank only takes 250 damage and the shm casts a 7 second to cast heal for 300.  Also the shaman has reduced the mobs resists by 30 on incoming  so the wizard in the group lands spells for more damage.  

..All in 10 seconds of combat)

• 1618 posts
    December 24, 2016 3:11 PM PST

Don't forget wards to prevent damage in the first place.

• 159 posts
    December 24, 2016 4:21 PM PST

Beefcake said:

Don't forget wards to prevent damage in the first place.

In general. I didn't wanna get into the whole toybox of abilities. :P

• 1778 posts
    December 24, 2016 8:15 PM PST

As far as I know the plan is for each class in a specific role to be more or less balanced. So the difference will mostly be in style and theme and how classes play. Though they did mention each class in that role being adequate for that role in any given situation. But some might be more ideal in one situation than another. I got the impression this was on an encounter to encounter basis, not related to size of group or scope of fight. So maybe the Druid is best for Raid X but the Cleric is best for Raid Y, etc.

• 1618 posts
    December 25, 2016 4:22 PM PST

Amsai said:

As far as I know the plan is for each class in a specific role to be more or less balanced. So the difference will mostly be in style and theme and how classes play. Though they did mention each class in that role being adequate for that role in any given situation. But some might be more ideal in one situation than another. I got the impression this was on an encounter to encounter basis, not related to size of group or scope of fight. So maybe the Druid is best for Raid X but the Cleric is best for Raid Y, etc.

I hope tanks follow that line of thinking also.

• 5 posts
    February 5, 2017 4:27 PM PST

Xilshale said:

spam

..All in 10 seconds of combat)

No

this is NOT WoW we don't need to sit dpsing health bars like idiots

• 1778 posts
    February 5, 2017 7:31 PM PST

Beefcake said:

Amsai said:

I hope tanks follow that line of thinking also.

Yea that should be the case for all roles (CC, Tanks, Healing and DPS).

• 1860 posts
    February 5, 2017 8:05 PM PST

Zarzak said:

No

this is NOT WoW we don't need to sit dpsing health bars like idiots

What doees this even mean?  Can we please refrain from using wow examples for...well, anything?  I thought on these forums we compared everything to EQ and VG? :P

• 97 posts
    February 7, 2017 6:20 PM PST

I think he is either saying he doesnt want it to be where the tank is taking so much damage that healing is nonstop, or he doesn't want to feel every healing class needs to be putting up all sorts of debuffs and buffs on the mob or tank every pull.  I think this game will be similiar unless there is a melee healing class.  Those are very helpful in giving mana healers a break periodically.  Just a guess though.