Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

ESC... What should it do?

• 109 posts
    December 20, 2016 10:12 AM PST

Pet peeve of mine here. MAJOR PET PEEVE.

Please let ESC simply close windows one at a time starting with the top one until all are closed unless marked as a permanant window to remain open or something.

OR

Close all windows at once

Let it even clear target and top window at same time or even give option on if it should clear target.

BUT PLEASE do not let ESC open a menu or give me option to disable it. Soo useful to just smash ESC to close everything that is open and go back to neutral so to speak. Let it do nothing if all windows are closed. ESC opening a menu is extremely annoying.

Anyone agree with me on this or am I alone?

• 2130 posts
    December 20, 2016 10:14 AM PST

Yeah, I have to agree with the hatred of Escape menus. I've adapted to them over the years having played many other games, but I was much happier with the original functionality of just closing windows one at a time. Clearing target when no windows are open is a bonus.

• 28 posts
    December 20, 2016 12:25 PM PST

Pretty much every single thing that can be done with a key should be able to be remapped by the user to whatever key they want. So, this shouldn't be a big deal at all. 

--Gray

• 2886 posts
    December 20, 2016 12:37 PM PST

gray808 said:

Pretty much every single thing that can be done with a key should be able to be remapped by the user to whatever key they want. So, this shouldn't be a big deal at all. 

--Gray

This.

• 109 posts
    December 20, 2016 12:50 PM PST

I think me and Lian might have been playing all the same games. Most, suprisingly don't make it an option. You'd think so though

• 3016 posts
    December 20, 2016 1:09 PM PST

Backin said:

Pet peeve of mine here. MAJOR PET PEEVE.

Please let ESC simply close windows one at a time starting with the top one until all are closed unless marked as a permanant window to remain open or something.

OR

Close all windows at once

Let it even clear target and top window at same time or even give option on if it should clear target.

BUT PLEASE do not let ESC open a menu or give me option to disable it. Soo useful to just smash ESC to close everything that is open and go back to neutral so to speak. Let it do nothing if all windows are closed. ESC opening a menu is extremely annoying.

Anyone agree with me on this or am I alone?

Agreed "K.I.S.S"  (keep it simple stupid) lol