Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Some game ideas

• 106 posts
    December 19, 2016 4:07 PM PST

I was thinking of desert, snow areas where  compasses dont work  there is poor visibility from dust and sand storms, and the wind turns your character randomly making it impossible to map the areas and finding the dungeons or ruins in these areas is only done by simply being brave and wandering the wasteland until you bump into a place that was thought to be only a legend. And be sure to bring a porter with you because finding your way out of the abyss could be treachorous.

Also i was thinking of a river system that runs throughout the continents. Rivers are a great way of connecting zones and are a great travel system. a river system would give pantheon a great sense of realism i think. Just think of getting to see the entire interior of Terminus while floating down the river. There are some amazing scenes in lord of the rings that centre around a river. Potential for some great Content.

The climbing system in pantheon is awesome. I WANT TO CLIMB TREES!!! :P it would be so cool to climb trees as a ranger to get vantage points in a dense forest. Or climb trees and jump or swing from tree to tree to avoid danger.

Shrink? where is shrink. i wanna enter the tiny land of the ferries and the brownies.

How about a true labrinth, one that has you completly lost and walking on the walls and ceiling and climbing upside down staircase.

I remember finding the minotaur cave in steamfont when i was a young lad, and wondering what the hell is in a minotaur cave. Let's put something in the back of the cave that would be a mystery and a surprise to even the most seasoned adventurers. Like maybe they have a super sweet waterslide park in the back of the cave that they stole from the gnomes.

Will there be gnomish steam train that winds through the mountains?

Why are mines and quarries such boring content in all games? The only respectable mine ive ever been in is Droga and even it is lacking in meaningfull content and worthwile loot. CoS and melee totem both drop off same mob or in same room. There should be areas only accessable if you get into a mine cart and do a death defying jump on the upslope of a broken track.

Quicksand.

We need Spikepits and pitfalls they were a staple of everquest dungeons and everyone loved em.

Giant haunted mansion with trap doors and secret rooms and hallways. Unrest is everyones favorite.

A reliable Autofollow on one server is important function for boxers and everyone in general. Let the boxers have there own server and put the purists on another, the everquest progression servers did this and i think it worked out niceley for everyone.  It would be nice to have multiple toons autofollowing and not be in the assembly line single file mode that looks so unatural. Autofollow should look and flow naturally. It should be that if a box crew wanders past you it should be unidentifiable. Autofollow should be Built with a group of people in mind, Not just 1 character following another. If you showcased an autofollow sytem like this i could see it being a huge hit. Dragon age Inquistion does a good job toons autofollowing you and looking natural, the rest of the game is lackluster but they got that part right lol. Should Auto attack, Assist, and autofollow be built togeather? It would sure be nice to be able to continue fighting while your rogue goes for a dump or picks up his mail. It would sure be nice to be able to be in game and still be able to do things around the house. These functions dont just cater to boxers but to casual players as well. Total Life absorbtion doesent need to be the game model.  

Puting time limmits on these functions could make them viable even on a purist server. 20 mins per hour or something.

This post was edited by munge at December 19, 2016 4:14 PM PST
    • 633 posts
    December 19, 2016 5:03 PM PST

There are some good suggestions in here, you should also check out https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/4459/what-region-or-climate-would-you-choose, a lot of ideas in there as well.

• 106 posts
    December 19, 2016 5:16 PM PST

cool thanks