Forums » Expansion Classes

AO Trader style

• 180 posts
    December 17, 2016 12:48 PM PST

I'd personally love to see a class reminiscent of the Trader from Anarchy Online make an appearance in pantheon at some point .  In my opinion it is the best representation of a utility support class.

Skill drains.  Debuff the opponent's, reducing attack skills, crippling spell skills, draining attributes

General utility: charm (sketchy reliability), root, blind, short duration mez, low end patch heals

Group buffs.  A short range ae group aura offering increased attributes, skill increases, etc that you sacrifice your own stats by the same amount you buff those of your group.  The ultimate team player (and yes adding 30 to your tanks avoidance skill and upping your melee DPS buddy's one hand pierce by 30 does add up nicely usually) :p

Always been one of my favorite mmo classes, and I'd love the chance to play one in terminus.....or fight a kick butt boss mob that uses trader like abilities to buff his waves of minions while leeching skills from the PCs

This post was edited by Xilshale at December 17, 2016 12:53 PM PST
    • 1581 posts
    December 19, 2016 10:33 AM PST

This pretty much just sounds like a Bard to me!

• 180 posts
    December 19, 2016 1:58 PM PST

There are similarities, but I've never seen a bard able to leech skills from an opponent leaving then hitting like a kitten while using the stolen skill points to feed them to his group.  It's similar but not even close to the same feel (I've played a bard in pop progression thru to the end of omens of war on eq and mained a bard on VG for a year)

• 1581 posts
    December 19, 2016 2:14 PM PST

Xilshale said:

There are similarities, but I've never seen a bard able to leech skills from an opponent leaving then hitting like a kitten while using the stolen skill points to feed them to his group.  It's similar but not even close to the same feel (I've played a bard in pop progression thru to the end of omens of war on eq and mained a bard on VG for a year)

That might be a cool ability to add to the Shaman's arsenal of buffs and debuffs.

• 82 posts
    January 2, 2017 11:19 AM PST

Would like to see an AO Trader like character - spends most of it's time as a support class (leanding skills, trading their health for team, etc) with some light crowd control.

Also one of my favourite, and one of the more unique, classes I've played.

• 56 posts
    March 20, 2017 2:22 PM PDT

I don't want my buffs to be reduced because one toon can steal skills. If that toon isn't in the group we are stuck with mini buffs because we had to sacrafice that for a character's ability. 

I also don't want buffs to get out of hand and mobs are too easy with the right group set up.

I like the character's ability though, I just feel like there's possibly too much to sacrifice.

It also has a lot of Enchanter abilities.

This post was edited by Makinelly at March 20, 2017 2:24 PM PDT