Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

List of Keybinds, Slash Commands, Mouse Function, Options

• 109 posts
    December 15, 2016 10:57 AM PST

Purpose - To provide Visionary Realms with as close to a complete list as we can possibly come up with for desired functionality for Keybinds, Slash Commands, Mouse Function, and Options we would like to see included in Pantheon.

Doing this to help ensure all possible options the community might want have has the chance to be seen, nice and organized, for VR to easily reference.

This thread is not to discuss any specific concern, just simply a place for organization. Please make a separate thread for discussion on any topic regarding this and if desired ONE person can link to the thread here for easy referencing

This will not be a complete list or even accurate at all times. I will do my best to keep it up to date. A lot of this list will be pure speculation and desire. Some we will know to be true and other things we will not know if VR has the intention to add what is listed below

Identifying Keybinds to a specific key will not be stated, just the desired function. Going to assume we will be able to customize and/or unbind what we don't want bound or want to change from the defaults.

VERY ROUGH DRAFT RIGHT NOW TO GET IT STARTED. LOT OF STUFF MISSING!!

• Keybinds
      • Movement
        • Forward
        • Backward
        • Turn Left
        • Turn Right
        • Strafe Left
        • Strafe Right
        • Swim Up
        • Swim Down
        • Jump
        • Crouch
        • Sit
        • Toggle Run/Walk
        • Auto Run
        • Camera Tilt Up
        • Camera Tilt Down
        • Recenter Camera
      • Windows
        • Quest Journal/Keeper Log
        • On Screen Quest Helper
        • Faction
        • Character/Personal
        • Guild
        • Pet
        • Friend List
        • Skills
        • Abilities
        • Open/Close Bags
        • Offensive Target
        • Defensive Target
        • Map (The general map, not the detailed map. It won't exist"
        • Compass
        • Clock
        • Buffs on Me
        • Detremental Effects
        • Buffs on Others
        • Casting Bar
        • Exp Bar
        • Options
        • Chat (Multiple)
        • Hotkey Bar (Multiple)
        • Crafting
        • LFG
        • Self Character Window
        • Group
        • Raid
      • Chat
        • Tell/Whisper
        • Button to all start of typing for commands( Cannot think of a good name for it.)
        • Hail
      • Combat
        • Toggle Melee
        • Toggle Ranged
        • Hotkey Bar 1 - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0,-,=
        • HotKey Bar 2 - Alt + 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0,-,=
        • Hotkey Bar 3 - Ctrl + 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0,-,=
        • Switch Weapon (If quick swapping will exist)
        • Assist
    • Slash Commands
      • Chat/Communication
        • /say
        • /group /g
        • /w /whisper /tell /t
        • /reply
        • /raid
        • /shout
        • /auction
        • /guild
      • Combat
        • /toggleautoattack /togglemelee
        • /toggleranged
        • /assist
        • /useability /usea
        • /useitem or inventory slot (Not sure what a good command would be)
        • /petattack
        • /petstay /pethold
        • /petdisband
      • Grouping/Raiding
        • /invite /groupinvite /add
        • /raidinvite
        • /makeleader
        • /disband /leave
        • /leaveraid (For entire group to leave raid)
        • /makeraidleader
      • Social
        • /cheer
        • /dance
        • /wave
        • /beg
        • /salute
        • /kick
        • /stomp
        • /shrug
    • Mouse Function
      • Place Holder (ignore for now)
    • Options

Please comment/reply below and I will include it in the list as I get the chance. When suggesting an edit, addition, removal, or duplication, please be as specific as possible.

• 109 posts
    December 15, 2016 11:00 AM PST

Well, this sucks kinda

Forums are not accepting the formating once actually posted but it shows fine in edit screen and preview screen.

Kilsin,

If you want you can delete this thread as it will be unreadable without proper indentation, etc. OR is there a way to make it show properly?

I tried guys and gals.

Tried to show the source code but it didn't like that either.

This post was edited by Backin at December 15, 2016 11:03 AM PST
    • 610 posts
    December 15, 2016 11:44 AM PST

didnt see /pizza

NEEDS TO HAVE /pizza

Its going to be a failure if it doesnt have /pizza!!1!

• 633 posts
    December 15, 2016 3:27 PM PST

I was always partial to the Shift-# buttons to switch out the main hotbar like in EQ1.  That way I could use 1 through 10 to do actions, and could switch to another hotbar using Shift-# and use 1 through 10 to have another set of actions.  I loved it in EQ1 because I had 25 keys available (1-5 x Shift-(1-5)) all with just my left hand.

• 9115 posts
    December 15, 2016 4:56 PM PST

Just to save you some effort, as much as I appreciate this post, I have already submitted a 30-page document back in my early days before becoming the CM with every known slash command and action from EQ and VG, so have no fear, they are aware of them all and will use them as they see fit :D

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at December 15, 2016 4:56 PM PST
    • 1281 posts
    December 15, 2016 6:29 PM PST

I think it would be great if they reused EQ / commands. That way I feel right at home and can start playing like a pro day 1.

This post was edited by bigdogchris at December 15, 2016 6:29 PM PST
    • 801 posts
    December 15, 2016 6:47 PM PST

Funny, i was talking to kilsin about a couple of those ideas today. I want this game to have the ability to have custom UI's like we did in the past and here is why.

It wasnt because of WOW, or any other game it was because we had some of the best people working on custom UI section for EQ. Because EQ had so many different windows, buttons it got out of control. One of the things i did talk to kilsin about, was the ability to move your windows around, and have a small output file in XML, or HTML5 what ever format so we knew the size, the location and the proper formating when it came to doing UI modifications by ourselves.

XYZ positioning for if we create our own, we could just use the existing format windows ahead and preorganize our UI layout. Which in turn might make it easier putting in existing codes.

It was unknown, just a thought and really no effort put into it. A general conversation about it. So there is nothing in stone about this, it was a concept idea and nothing in place for it.

Sometimes we find that the UI can hinder us, for when we are doing certain things. Either it be a questing crafting UI, or Combat raiding UI or a Group UI. You might be able to load the best one you like. Not all UI's work the same. some are as simple as a group, and hotkeys. Simple text chat and removal of many parsing spam. Questing, crafting type UI would just be involved in combines etc.. Hiding most of the other things you do not use.

You can just use 1 to handle all of them, but sometimes people like to do different ones all the time.

I am not talking to the point of dumming down the game, or opening up a complete wiki within the UI to surf the internet, or allowing you to use 3rd party programs. It is a simple graphical UI we used in EQ, and wow, rift etc.. Making it much eaiser for people to feel it. I used the drakUI the Necro style for a long time. It was awesome, and put you in the mood.

Just saying some of the old ideas are still the best ideas.

• 109 posts
    December 15, 2016 6:47 PM PST
    There was some functionality in EQ2 tgat EQ1 didnt. Not sure bout VG. Mainly pertaining to camera in combat and autofacing
    • 131 posts
    December 16, 2016 4:48 AM PST

Dont forget a command to /use_uisettings of your main on your alt.  So you only have to get it all perfect once then import to other toons.

~MINX

• 610 posts
    December 16, 2016 2:05 PM PST

Kilsin said:

Just to save you some effort, as much as I appreciate this post, I have already submitted a 30-page document back in my early days before becoming the CM with every known slash command and action from EQ and VG, so have no fear, they are aware of them all and will use them as they see fit :D

but did it have /pizza!

• 9115 posts
    December 16, 2016 2:33 PM PST

Sevens said:

Kilsin said:

but did it have /pizza!

It had everything ;)

• 3852 posts
    December 16, 2016 3:46 PM PST

I hope despite all the effort not many of the slash commands are used. Then again, although I go beck to well before EQ I somehow skipped that one in favor of AC and DAOC. Apologies for the horrible judgment < i was younger then.

After a year or so of EQ2 I tried EQ. Rapidly concluded that the graphics were worse (no surprise) the game itself was significantly better and I would never spend much time there. Because of the graphics - heck no I've spent a lot of time with worse. Because after playing a more modern game that relied heavily on menus I just found extensive use of slash commands so ...primitive.

If we want a lot of players that aren't EQ veterans I hope we limit the love affair with slash commands. Just as I hope we have in-game maps and I don't need to map the zones on graph paper.

Nostalgia only goes so far and memorization of scores of slash commands isn't going to be considered a big plus by most players.

Slash command games tend to have extensive lists of the commands, and help files that go with them. But menus are better for most things especially things that don't come up often and that aren't worth their own icon.

Granted quite a few slash commands have value, if I want to /sit or /curtsey I can type one word a whole lot faster than going through a menu and clicking. But a 30 page list of slash commands reflects a system that was created because computers and programs were far more primitive than they have become not because they were inherently convenient.

• 633 posts
    December 16, 2016 4:11 PM PST

I like slash commands.  I use them all the time in games that even have menu options for them.  I also use dos prompts in windows a lot to do troubleshooting and sometimes normal daily things, because I can do them faster than digging through menus.

That being said, having slash commands for lots of things doesn't mean that you can't also have menus for them as well.

• 69 posts
    December 17, 2016 12:10 AM PST

I am also partial to having a bunch of slash-commands. I agree with Kelenin that there can also be alternative ui-driven methods but I would rather be using the slash-commands...

-Jexxy 

• 1618 posts
    December 17, 2016 11:19 AM PST

The best is to simply have several ways of doing the same thing. /slash command, menus, key binds, etc. Everyone is used to certain things. To make it accessible for everyone, include them all.

This game is about playing in the world, not about mastering an interface. Having multiple was of interacting with the interface harms nothing, while it adds significant accessibility.

• 11 posts
    December 19, 2016 6:33 AM PST

Having /viewport from EQ1 would be nice.(this allows you to use 2 screens with the client, allowing you to utilize your 2nd screen for extra windows, inventory ect)

I make the resolution on the game 3840x1080, then in game type /viewport 0 0 1920 1080, this makes my main screen have my game, then a blank space on my 2nd screen for my map/windows.
    Alternatively you can use /viewport 1920 0 3840 1080, this would make the blank space on the left screen instead if you're main screen is your right one.

Add /viewport to the list!