Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

visionaryrealms Twitch on a Roku

• 1404 posts
    December 9, 2016 10:11 PM PST

Does anybody have any info on how to get the   https://www.twitch.tv/visionaryrealms ; channel on a ROKU device?

Roku does have a Twitch app,

The Twitch app does not have a place (that I could find) to enter a web address.

It does have a search function but it would not find anything for "visionaryrealms" and then searching for "Pantheon" I could only find one "Voices of Termanus" stream.

• 208 posts
    December 10, 2016 7:23 AM PST

I know it is too late, but does the app on Roku let you sign in and show you your subscribed channels? If so then subscribe to their channel on another device or a PC for next time.

• 1404 posts
    December 10, 2016 9:45 AM PST

Thanks for your help, so I tried what you suggest, I got connected on my desktop top and my front as well. I "Followed" Visionaryrealms and then entered the code to connect the ROKU to the desktop account .  visionaryrealms does not show up. I followed several others, both from the desktop and the ROKU app... they all show except visionaryrealms .  

I clicked on visionaryrealms to UN-follow just to be sure I was indeed following and I was. still won't show up.

1) I notice you said "subscribe" same thing just semantics?

2) all these other channels are reporting "Live" will visionaryrealms only show up when it's live?

• 208 posts
    December 11, 2016 8:45 AM PST

I guess it is because they aren't live. It could be that the Roku app doesn't support seeing prerecorded broadcasts so you cant find the channel if it isn't live.

This post was edited by Bluefyre at December 11, 2016 8:46 AM PST
    • 1404 posts
    December 11, 2016 10:38 PM PST

Bluefyre said:

I guess it is because they aren't live. It could be that the Roku app doesn't support seeing prerecorded broadcasts so you cant find the channel if it isn't live.

Yea thats what I'm thinking. I'm going to try to catch the next one live so I can confirm that.

Thank you again for your help.