Forums » News and Announcements

See the Pantheon Shaman for the first time!

• 2886 posts
    December 7, 2016 10:39 AM PST

VitaKorp3n said:

thought I would share this, the red is fairly red in the wolfs mouth but it wouldn't be fair to ignore that real wolves also have fairly red gums. :)

true, but the picture you posted is still noticeably more of a pinkish color. The screenshot's is also like just a SOLID block of red - no detail for a tongue or anything.

Not criticism - just pointing out things for future passes.

• 9115 posts
    December 7, 2016 4:22 PM PST

Bazgrim said:

VitaKorp3n said:

thought I would share this, the red is fairly red in the wolfs mouth but it wouldn't be fair to ignore that real wolves also have fairly red gums. :)

true, but the picture you posted is still noticeably more of a pinkish color. The screenshot's is also like just a SOLID block of red - no detail for a tongue or anything.

Not criticism - just pointing out things for future passes.

Copied/pasted from my other post:

This is the first iteration of a work in progress, judging it now is like judging your car while it is still being built in the factory and saying it isn't road worthy yet, the wolves mouth is too red, the shield is velcroed to his arm and he has kung-fu grip on the mace haha, we laughed at it too but didn't have time to change it prior to the client update/screenshot but like everything else, it is a work in progress and will change but it is either keep it to ourselves and not post an update until it is polished or post these updates with imperfections to show you our progress, we choose to show you but this is far from the final forms ;)

• 186 posts
    December 7, 2016 5:43 PM PST

Kilsin can you confirm if there will be golden retrievers? Its uh... For a friend, yeah a friend wants to know...

I love the ghostly appearance that was in the post from today, looking better and better

@Bazgrim true true, one thing I am excited and hopeful for is the promise of good AI, particularly with the companions. GW2 is the most recent game I have played, but the companions are boring and lack any real depth, personality or connection.

This post was edited by VitaKorp3n at December 7, 2016 5:47 PM PST
    • 2419 posts
    December 7, 2016 7:00 PM PST

Sorry Kilsin, sorry Brad.  I just had to.

• 18 posts
    December 9, 2016 9:45 AM PST
    Ogres baby! Oh yeah!
    • 37 posts
    December 10, 2016 2:08 PM PST

Definitely enjoyed seeing the shaman class. I hope that they consider a situation where you can have other pets that do unique things, like one that does a small group health regen and another that does a small group mana regen.

• 10 posts
    December 10, 2016 5:26 PM PST

I just wanted to post my appreciation of the stream. I loved it: the art, the mechanics and how complex and deep it all looked to me. Also your worldbuilding is nuts, very beautiful overall (all the little details), really like the large scale of the dungeons. Brings me back memories from Vanguard, which had epic dungeons.

I hope to see more desert areas in future, like in VG (Qalia continent)! And pyramids, that sprawl underground like in Temple of Tehatamani.

• 595 posts
    December 10, 2016 5:48 PM PST

Veltan said:

I just wanted to post my appreciation of the stream. I loved it: the art, the mechanics and how complex and deep it all looked to me. Also your worldbuilding is nuts, very beautiful overall (all the little details), really like the large scale of the dungeons. Brings me back memories from Vanguard, which had epic dungeons.

I hope to see more desert areas in future, like in VG (Qalia continent)! And pyramids, that sprawl underground like in Temple of Tehatamani.

Though some of the original information was lost to the Gods when the Keepers Vault was closed, here's a little info that might interest you.

Khäga Sands

Khäga Sands is a sprawling desert region, located below The Broken Maw and ending in a rim of cliffs to the south. With more mesa bluffs than drifting dunes, Khäga’s topography is captivating and harsh. Bordered on each side by seas, it harbors no man-made ports - rather, none that remain in use. A few rains blow in from the west coast, but most of the storms stay just off shore, as if held away. On the eastern cliffs however, there dwells a constant sandstorm, though it rages not by nature’s force.

Sojourners into Khäga Sands can expect to encounter the tightly-woven community of Mesa Orphans. These resourceful masters of desert life were chased out of their home lands centuries ago, yet have kept their jovial but discerning ways intact. In the majestic coves that soar above the sands, they’ve rooted and bloomed. Their rivalry with the Ogres of Broken Maw is old and violent. Wayward members of the northern clans are typically attacked on sight when venturing close to the Mesa, with their head carried off as a trophy. Otherwise, the Orphans are quite hospitable and their oasis is a jewel in the land.

The open landscape is vast and dry, but sometimes deceptively serene. Yet, as the ill-fated Nhireans learned, it is no place for leisure. Beware the flying adders that sleep beneath the multi-colored streams of sand - their numbers never seem to diminish for long. Their searing venom is deadly, but it is a pale wound against the backdrop of a new evil who prowls the Sands with vengeful intent. However, the howls of his sand-bound army fall silent at the door to a land beyond the desert The Orphans call this passage "the Throat", for it whispers without a face, with a voice that knows those it has never met.
    Yes, it is said that one is never destined for Khäga, but is ever passing through. And while there are endless tales, tombs and treasures hidden in the drifts, it is perhaps best to heed that old advice and not let yourself linger.
    • 294 posts
    December 10, 2016 6:15 PM PST

Loved this entire post. It had great entertainment value all the way through. Found myself laughing many times over at the variations of reworked ogre pics.

The stream was awesome. Still can't believe the level of detail the devs have developed in such a short time with this game. You guys are awesome.

Looking forward to more good things to come. And I truly can not wait to help get this baby tested on a real working level.

This post was edited by Klumpedge at December 10, 2016 6:15 PM PST
    • 9115 posts
    December 10, 2016 6:36 PM PST

Veltan said:

Good to see you, friend :)

As Nika pointed out, hopefully, we can show off some Khäga Sands in the future for you and everyone else but thank you for the kind words, the team appreciates it a lot :)

• 74 posts
    December 10, 2016 8:14 PM PST

Stream really shows off the work of the team.

New races, new class, new zones, new character models, zones we've seen more polished, music/sound, etc.

Thanks to the team for answering so many questions throughout the stream and showing off as much as they did.

One thing that was subtle, but looked great was the green glow of the shaman spells. Having spells and torches lighting up things nearby looked great.

Well done VR team!

• 82 posts
    December 10, 2016 8:52 PM PST

stream was great, i have been abbit harse in the past about the game but i see that its going to be really good, the new char models make the graphics look so much better, I cant wait!

• 11 posts
    December 10, 2016 10:16 PM PST

Does anyone know if the video of the livestream has been posted on youtube yet I missed it and would really like to watch it ? 

Sojurne

• 595 posts
    December 10, 2016 10:26 PM PST

I just posted this in another thread too but if you missed it the links are below.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

These links are all from Cohh's stream as the VR video has not yet been posted.  When the team does post the video it will be up on the official VR YouTube channel.  However, in the meantime you if want to watch from the Shaman perspective you can visit the VR Twitch channel and view the VODs.

• 9115 posts
    December 11, 2016 12:54 AM PST

Nikademis said:

I just posted this in another thread too but if you missed it the links are below.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

These links are all from Cohh's stream as the VR video has not yet been posted.  When the team does post the video it will be up on the official VR YouTube channel.  However, in the meantime you if want to watch from the Shaman perspective you can visit the VR Twitch channel and view the VODs.

Thanks Nika :)

I will post the official channel with links when we are good to go so everyone can see but in the meantime, everyone should check out Cohh's three part stream of the Rogue :)

• 86 posts
    December 11, 2016 4:01 PM PST

Everything looks amazing.   

• 595 posts
    December 11, 2016 4:17 PM PST

Kilsin said:

Nikademis said:

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Thanks Nika :)

*Thumbs up*

I won't steal Kilsin's thunder by posting any additional links, but if one were so inclined to watch the VR Shaman video they might now be able to find it ;)

This post was edited by Nikademis at December 11, 2016 6:37 PM PST
    • 40 posts
    December 11, 2016 10:57 PM PST

With all these pictures of the ogre and his dog-wolf-pet, I feel like we're gonna need to go on Maury to find out who the father is lol

• 106 posts
    December 15, 2016 4:01 PM PST

Awsome stream. The Arachi shaman looks great. Again cant wait for the next stream. Really great job everyone.

• 24 posts
    December 17, 2016 7:39 AM PST

I can not seem to see the video. twitch says offline.

and youtube link does not work

What am i doing wrong?

NM figured it out, sorry.

This post was edited by rkwiles at December 17, 2016 8:38 AM PST
    • 429 posts
    December 17, 2016 12:12 PM PST

Third time watching it ... i still keep trying to open books and inventory and trying to move camara angle ... ive been a very good girl this year ..perhaps a early christmas gift is in order /hint hint LOL