Forums » News and Announcements

See the Pantheon Shaman for the first time!

• 18 posts
    December 5, 2016 10:36 AM PST

Kilsin said:

Warben said:

I think the confusion here is the vacant stare of Ogur wit and intellect...no matter what the model, they still look like hulking brutes...I like it overall!! 

Also, the spectral wolf is interesting as well.  From an artwork perspective,  which is an easy tweak, the mouth opacity looks a bit high given the rest of the body. 

Will this reveal/stream be played from the shaman perspective to let us see the pet control mechanics?

Yeah, we were not able to make the changes before going live with this screenshot but as with most things in this early stage of development, it will change. ;)

And the ogre is not even holding the hammer either ;)

• 595 posts
    December 5, 2016 10:38 AM PST

In all honesty, the ogre model we see here looks exceedingly similar to the character concept art we have seen.  I'm in!

www.pantheonmmo.com/races/ogres/

• 2886 posts
    December 5, 2016 10:56 AM PST

kefka said:

Kilsin said:

Warben said:

I think the confusion here is the vacant stare of Ogur wit and intellect...no matter what the model, they still look like hulking brutes...I like it overall!! 

Also, the spectral wolf is interesting as well.  From an artwork perspective,  which is an easy tweak, the mouth opacity looks a bit high given the rest of the body. 

Will this reveal/stream be played from the shaman perspective to let us see the pet control mechanics?

Yeah, we were not able to make the changes before going live with this screenshot but as with most things in this early stage of development, it will change. ;)

And the ogre is not even holding the hammer either ;)

Ogre thumbs strong! Ogre play lots of console games!

But seriously though... please fix the grip lol

• 42 posts
    December 5, 2016 11:32 AM PST

Is that a gnome tunic coverin his junk ? Sorry haahaa  ,I really did try to look at his face but  .......I got distracted .

• 430 posts
    December 5, 2016 11:53 AM PST

Thank you for the picture Kilsin everything is looking great .. cant wait for the stream .

PS.. pet wolf could use some work looks anorexic lol

• 1778 posts
    December 5, 2016 2:23 PM PST
    Nice. I would say needs more Gnomes........ but apparently a lot were already used in the "making" of an Ogre. =O
    • 82 posts
    December 5, 2016 3:09 PM PST

Not bad looks like the picture so cant complain, good job :)

• 9 posts
    December 5, 2016 5:08 PM PST

needs mohr troll.

-Chris

• 2419 posts
    December 5, 2016 6:51 PM PST

Everytime I look at that Ogre, I can't unsee the headless doll he's sporting as a codpiece.

This post was edited by Vandraad at December 5, 2016 6:59 PM PST
    • 188 posts
    December 5, 2016 7:26 PM PST

Think that's bad?  Now picture Colonel Sanders's head sitting on top of those tiny little bone shoulders.  It's a lil' Colonel.  

• 186 posts
    December 5, 2016 7:37 PM PST

/snicker @Vandraad, and that dog...

Here ya go Hannar ;)

This post was edited by VitaKorp3n at December 5, 2016 7:44 PM PST
    • 1 posts
    December 5, 2016 11:22 PM PST

Cant wait to see the Shaman in Groupplay :-)

• 9 posts
    December 5, 2016 11:34 PM PST

Awesome dog! :D

• 1 posts
    December 6, 2016 5:59 AM PST

I know this is one character I wont be playing

• 188 posts
    December 6, 2016 6:16 AM PST

No, no, Vita - like this.  

• 249 posts
    December 6, 2016 7:55 AM PST
    Hahahaha wth
    • 2886 posts
    December 6, 2016 8:03 AM PST

Hannar said:

No, no, Vita - like this.  

lol! you win. if you look closely, it even looks like he's got chicken wings :P

• 79 posts
    December 6, 2016 10:37 AM PST

I know I'm just nitpicking but the proportions of this ogre model compared with the concept art look too much like Warcraft orcs to me. Maybe it's just the angle but this in-game model seems way wider and more squat than the concept art. The forearms and hands are bigger than his head. Just complaining to complain really, and I'm not planning on playing an ogre anyway, but I was hoping Pantheon would distance itself from WoW's art style. I still really like the environments and the hammer looks cool. I'll have to see what it looks like in the stream.

Also, I know it's not intended to represent the final character model but that's why we provide feedback. ;)

• 186 posts
    December 6, 2016 10:44 AM PST
    Hahaha Hannar, best picture ever!
    • 137 posts
    December 6, 2016 2:46 PM PST

I will accept this only because you have yet to come to your senses and added Trolls................Looks pretty cool

• 9 posts
    December 6, 2016 3:23 PM PST

trukk said:

needs mohr troll.

-Chris

Riply said:

I will accept this only because you have yet to come to your senses and added Trolls................Looks pretty cool

Double quoted for double TROLL TRUTH!

-Chris

This post was edited by trukk at December 6, 2016 3:23 PM PST
    • 2419 posts
    December 6, 2016 5:22 PM PST

internalprime8 said:

I know I'm just nitpicking but the proportions of this ogre model compared with the concept art look too much like Warcraft orcs to me. Maybe it's just the angle but this in-game model seems way wider and more squat than the concept art. The forearms and hands are bigger than his head. Just complaining to complain really, and I'm not planning on playing an ogre anyway, but I was hoping Pantheon would distance itself from WoW's art style. I still really like the environments and the hammer looks cool. I'll have to see what it looks like in the stream.

Also, I know it's not intended to represent the final character model but that's why we provide feedback. ;)

Your issue might be due to several factors:  Camera focal length appears to be a wide angle and the we're looking at the Ogre from a low point of view so we're looking up at the model. The perspective, then, is making the feet larger and the head smaller.  I think if we were looking down upon the Ogre it would look completely different.

• 189 posts
    December 6, 2016 9:40 PM PST
    For a 'First Look' its fantastic, Ogre and Shaman, the best combination!
    • 186 posts
    December 7, 2016 7:00 AM PST

thought I would share this, the red is fairly red in the wolfs mouth but it wouldn't be fair to ignore that real wolves also have fairly red gums. :)

This post was edited by VitaKorp3n at December 7, 2016 7:00 AM PST
    • 902 posts
    December 7, 2016 10:34 AM PST

This may very well be my second character. :) Looking forward to seeing Shammies in action and its great to see new stuff. :)