Forums » General Guild Discussion

any? current EQ raiding guilds top teir coming?

• 27 posts
    August 31, 2017 7:14 AM PDT

I stopped playing  EQ when I went to EQ2 and WOW. They are diehards who stuck around but if Pantheon is as good as we hope they might come.

This post was edited by Tristar at August 31, 2017 7:15 AM PDT
    • 189 posts
    November 4, 2017 5:46 PM PDT

Tristar said:

I stopped playing  EQ when I went to EQ2 and WOW. They are diehards who stuck around but if Pantheon is as good as we hope they might come.

I stopped playing after my guild basically farmed the crap out of Quarm in EQ.  Most of the core/leadership quit as well so there was no point in sticking around. The game also became too bloated for me (items with so many stats, augments, plus/minus modifiers, graphic enhancements).

• 279 posts
    November 5, 2017 1:57 PM PST

Fleurs said:

My guild in EQ went to WoW. I went to EQII. I was on the MT server. It was a european guild. The leadership was excellent and the players well organized.  I miss the Hades out of them. All the EQ talk makes me homesick too.  It was my first MMO and I have a soft spot for the game. What a great community we have here.  I am so looking forward to the launch!!

What guild was this?  I was also on MT and was familiar with alot of the guilds there.

• 36 posts
    November 7, 2017 10:07 PM PST

PREPARE yourself for, Faceless.

This post was edited by medousa at November 7, 2017 10:09 PM PST
    • 36 posts
    November 7, 2017 10:08 PM PST

Double post.

This post was edited by medousa at November 7, 2017 10:09 PM PST
    • 25 posts
    November 11, 2017 4:51 PM PST

medousa said:

PREPARE yourself for, Faceless.

Don't worry :)

We will be casual when and if we go play Pantheon:ROTF, I can only speak for Dark Horizon and Realms of Insanity (and as far as I know since we have not talked about it for some time, we will when it gets closer).

• 3 posts
    November 19, 2017 2:19 PM PST

Gaklek said:

I'm entertining the notion of rebooting our EQ/WOW guild in Pantheon. When we left EQ for WoW, we were a top tier raiding guild on the Veeshan server(initially Legion, then merged with Ixtlan into Sovereign). I did the whole Guild Summit thing at SoE headquarters in San Diego and all that jazz. As a raiding guild GL, I need to see a bit more of the game play, raid play etc before I decide if it is worth the investment. I haven't spoken to anyone from the old days yet, but maybe some are floating around on these boards.

Gaklek!   someone just crawled out of the woodwork I see,  always wondered what happened to you.  I am just starting to watch these forums as things get closer.

• 14 posts
    December 4, 2017 2:15 AM PST
    Old member of Riders of the Apocalypse and I have played with Fallen Legacy on Lanys T'vyl before server merged. I think people will try it out based on what they hear and see. It's a risk jumping from one game to another so people might want to know it is doing well or be see enough to be impressed before making that decision.

This game could use better character animation/combat animation/movement and a kick ass video trailer to HYPE/draw in more players at launch.
    • 14 posts
    December 4, 2017 2:18 AM PST
    Dark Horizon still lurking around @mrkuiken?
    • 25 posts
    December 4, 2017 4:33 AM PST

Dakaran said: Dark Horizon still lurking around @mrkuiken?

Yeah, We kinda merged with Realm of Insanity(20+ players went there) after Dark horizon quit EQ as a guild.
    But we are still on facebook, and we talk from time to time about games and mmorpg's and real life stuff ofcourse:).

• 506 posts
    December 6, 2017 7:26 AM PST

Mrkuiken said:

Yeah, We kinda merged with Realm of Insanity(20+ players went there) after Dark horizon quit EQ as a guild.
    But we are still on facebook, and we talk from time to time about games and mmorpg's and real life stuff ofcourse:).

What is the size of ROI? must be huge by now.

• 25 posts
    December 6, 2017 12:57 PM PST

Crazzie said:

Mrkuiken said:

I have no idea, I am not in ROI,

But I don't think it's huge, Don't forget you can only raid with 54 Members(If that's still the case). And you don't want to have to many people sitting outside of a raid.
    So guilds only replace slots that have fallen away with new members. And I am sure they only take quality players and those are limited.
    I know Dark Horizon had around 500 Members that earned DKP so they at least where around for 1 Raid at 1 time.

• 506 posts
    December 12, 2017 6:38 PM PST

Mrkuiken said:

Crazzie said:

Mrkuiken said:

But I don't think it's huge, Don't forget you can only raid with 54 Members(If that's still the case). And you don't want to have to many people sitting outside of a raid.
    So guilds only replace slots that have fallen away with new members. And I am sure they only take quality players and those are limited.
    I know Dark Horizon had around 500 Members that earned DKP so they at least where around for 1 Raid at 1 time.

I only just guessed they would be huge by now, seeing as many people have sorta stepped away with the lastest expansion issues, or guilds closing it down over the last year. DH had about 500 active? thats huge.

I never seen it that big only hundreds large but more then 3/4 inactive toons.

• 25 posts
    December 13, 2017 7:30 AM PST

Crazzie said:

Mrkuiken said:

Crazzie said:

Mrkuiken said:

I only just guessed they would be huge by now, seeing as many people have sorta stepped away with the lastest expansion issues, or guilds closing it down over the last year. DH had about 500 active? thats huge.

I never seen it that big only hundreds large but more then 3/4 inactive toons.

Not sure how EQ does now days, I quit in 2010 but I kept track of old DHers every year.
    Wanted to know in what guilds they ended up and there guild progress. (But yeah I saw the list of guilds geting lesser and lesser on elitegamerslounge progress website)

And no not active at the same time hehe, Just ment that we had around 500 DKP earning members between 2000 and 2010.(Got no data on dkp before 2000)
    The ratio of 3/4 inactive is about right indeed.

@Ontopic: When Alpha is about to starts I will see what the animo is of the ones that want to play Pantheon.
    As much as I would like to see DH return, most are used to RL now :) and don't forget everyone is 40+ by now.