Forums » General Guild Discussion

any? current EQ raiding guilds top teir coming?

    • 51 posts
    February 10, 2017 4:07 AM PST

    RoI is entertaining the idea, i'll leave it at that. =)

    • 2 posts
    February 12, 2017 9:29 AM PST

    Crazzie said:

    I know of one member i saw asking about the game. I know his dad and him, from past guilds, ROI member the son is.

    Well hi Crazzie!

    • 18 posts
    February 13, 2017 10:50 AM PST

    Aredhel said:

    We're pre-PoP...from 2000, but we're not a raiding guild. Some fun raids, sure. Group efforts, always. Mandatory stress ingame? NOPE! But we're already looking for those interested in a funner (yes, I said it!), lower-key, family (guild).

    And... is there anyone that played EQ for any length of time that didn't know FoH!? There were a few infamous ones! A couple on E'ci, too!

     


    From E'ci:

    Souls of the Shadow / Night Watch, Some members will be present :) i can tell you that.
    In case of RoI and DH its to far away to say anything about that yet, I do know that some players will check it out and some vetrans will comeback but not sure in what form yet. 
    It will probably be a fun mix guild of old DH and RoI members and some current ones that want to check Pantheon out.

    Blaat

    • 450 posts
    February 15, 2017 6:16 AM PST

    Sancus said:

    Crazzie said:

    I know of one member i saw asking about the game. I know his dad and him, from past guilds, ROI member the son is.

    Well hi Crazzie!

     

    OH my friend, how are you and your father? man i miss you guys so much. I hope to see you in Pantheon even if its to group up.

    Would be cool to be guilded again?

    • 171 posts
    February 15, 2017 12:33 PM PST

    Mrkuiken said:


    From E'ci:

    Souls of the Shadow / Night Watch, Some members will be present :) i can tell you that.
    In case of RoI and DH its to far away to say anything about that yet, I do know that some players will check it out and some vetrans will comeback but not sure in what form yet. 
    It will probably be a fun mix guild of old DH and RoI members and some current ones that want to check Pantheon out.

    Blaat

     

    Thanks for the warning! LOL!!! ;)

    • 337 posts
    February 15, 2017 1:02 PM PST

    Sancus said:

    Well hi Crazzie!

    Well hi Sancus

    • 450 posts
    February 15, 2017 8:39 PM PST

    Reht said:

    Sancus said:

    Well hi Crazzie!

    Well hi Sancus

     

    Wonder who he can drag with him....

    • 337 posts
    February 16, 2017 7:26 AM PST

    Crazzie said:

    Wonder who he can drag with him....

    Wonder who will come with him if he is in drag....

    • 2 posts
    February 16, 2017 4:34 PM PST

    Crazzie said:

    Sancus said:

    Crazzie said:

    I know of one member i saw asking about the game. I know his dad and him, from past guilds, ROI member the son is.

    Well hi Crazzie!

     

    OH my friend, how are you and your father? man i miss you guys so much. I hope to see you in Pantheon even if its to group up.

    Would be cool to be guilded again?

    We're doing well, and definitely would be great to meet up again in Pantheon. Edit: If you wanna catch up more, happy to talk in... PMs? Or w/e these boards have. 

    Crazzie said:

    Wonder who he can drag with him....

    We'll see, at this point it's probably too early for people to seriously consider leaving EQ. As far as raiding guilds go (guess I should pretend to stay on topic...), we'll likely have to wait for later in the process, especially after more details are given on how raiding will look in Pantheon. Hoping some people do come over at that point though. 

    Reht said:

    Wonder who will come with him if he is in drag....

    Not sure anything could kill a game more quickly heh


    This post was edited by Sancus at February 16, 2017 4:35 PM PST
    • 450 posts
    February 16, 2017 11:40 PM PST

    Now that we suckered you onto these boards, looking for more higher teir people is a good thing :)

    No your not off topic, wasnt much of one. Nobody is making any guild jumps as of yet.

    • 25 posts
    February 20, 2017 5:58 PM PST

    corpserunner said:

    Hannar said:

    Fires of Heaven.  It was an early EQ guild that, along with Afterlife, was responsible for many world firsts and a lot of bleeding edge content and discussion posted on their guild site and forums.  For every positive contribution and accomplishment, you'll find someone who also has a negative interaction or thought about them as a guild - but they were certainly one of the major movers in the EQ glory days.  Their website was a "must bookmark" destination. 

     

    You left out the most important part.

    They were the home of the "Ragz Deslicer vs. Kurley" flame thread.  Honest to God, I almost cried when I heard that board got wiped and it was gone.  Page after page after page of awesome insults.  At a time I had never even imagine such shenanigans on the web.

    I miss it too, I had many good laughs from reading those flame wars.

    iirc, they flamed Brad pretty hard over Vanguard:SOH. That part I did not like that, i thought it was unfair and uncalled for.

    As for the top guilds here yet, i agree they will not leave their roots completely. However, I will bet we see a sub-guild or a branch here in alpha/beta/launch from many of them.

    • 450 posts
    February 21, 2017 7:35 AM PST

    Borneheld said:

    corpserunner said:

    Hannar said:

    Fires of Heaven.  It was an early EQ guild that, along with Afterlife, was responsible for many world firsts and a lot of bleeding edge content and discussion posted on their guild site and forums.  For every positive contribution and accomplishment, you'll find someone who also has a negative interaction or thought about them as a guild - but they were certainly one of the major movers in the EQ glory days.  Their website was a "must bookmark" destination. 

     

    You left out the most important part.

    They were the home of the "Ragz Deslicer vs. Kurley" flame thread.  Honest to God, I almost cried when I heard that board got wiped and it was gone.  Page after page after page of awesome insults.  At a time I had never even imagine such shenanigans on the web.

    I miss it too, I had many good laughs from reading those flame wars.

    iirc, they flamed Brad pretty hard over Vanguard:SOH. That part I did not like that, i thought it was unfair and uncalled for.

    As for the top guilds here yet, i agree they will not leave their roots completely. However, I will bet we see a sub-guild or a branch here in alpha/beta/launch from many of them.

     

    Well if they dont stop messing around with EQ, and losing the populations like they are doing... there may not be much of a EQ in the future. I know it saddens me even to talk like that. Give it back to the public i say and let them redo EQ themselves. The rest of us can move on to pantheon. What i say will never happen, ever.

     

    It would be good to see some old faces back from 1999 and so on. I remember days when we had the necro guild running around ED, and Numi, and so many others then it just blew up after that. Fear raids with 100 players....

     

    Not many will ever experience what we did back then. It just will never happen again like that.

     

    Anyone you know of re creating an old name? post it here, dont be afraid.

    • 2 posts
    March 6, 2017 8:12 AM PST

    I'm entertining the notion of rebooting our EQ/WOW guild in Pantheon. When we left EQ for WoW, we were a top tier raiding guild on the Veeshan server(initially Legion, then merged with Ixtlan into Sovereign). I did the whole Guild Summit thing at SoE headquarters in San Diego and all that jazz. As a raiding guild GL, I need to see a bit more of the game play, raid play etc before I decide if it is worth the investment. I haven't spoken to anyone from the old days yet, but maybe some are floating around on these boards.

    • 450 posts
    March 8, 2017 11:15 AM PST

    Gaklek said:

    I'm entertining the notion of rebooting our EQ/WOW guild in Pantheon. When we left EQ for WoW, we were a top tier raiding guild on the Veeshan server(initially Legion, then merged with Ixtlan into Sovereign). I did the whole Guild Summit thing at SoE headquarters in San Diego and all that jazz. As a raiding guild GL, I need to see a bit more of the game play, raid play etc before I decide if it is worth the investment. I haven't spoken to anyone from the old days yet, but maybe some are floating around on these boards.

     

    Nice, i am sure more will start to try and make guilds or friendship alliances here. I dont even know what our raids will be like let alone if we just group and join a guild.

    Lots of topics but reality is what is it like? You know what i mean... Is it like WOW or EQ raiding. Numbers, and how does it all fit.

    Time will tell, and so will the top teir raiding guilds start to form.

    • 9 posts
    March 14, 2017 12:31 PM PDT

    Would like to see Ascending Dawn come...admittedly when i saw FoH i didn't think fires of heaven, but flowers of happiness :(

    • 450 posts
    April 30, 2017 6:06 PM PDT

    Seeing any numbers interested yet?

    • 32 posts
    May 4, 2017 9:36 PM PDT

    I was on ragefire server today and as i loged in people in gen chat was talking about pantheon :)


    This post was edited by EnlightenedGuru at May 4, 2017 9:37 PM PDT
    • 450 posts
    May 5, 2017 11:23 AM PDT

    EnlightenedGuru said:

    I was on ragefire server today and as i loged in people in gen chat was talking about pantheon :)

     

    Sweet!!! The more the better, but not at the cost of losing EQ for good either.

    Any mention of top teir type guilds looking to invest time in Pantheon?

     

    I have a name reserved for this game, just incase. I would like to join a high end raiding guild again. Brings back good memories.

    • 32 posts
    May 5, 2017 4:30 PM PDT

    Crazzie said:

     

     

    Sweet!!! The more the better, but not at the cost of losing EQ for good either.

    Any mention of top teir type guilds looking to invest time in Pantheon?

     

    I have a name reserved for this game, just incase. I would like to join a high end raiding guild again. Brings back good memories.

    no it was like 8 to 10 people in chat talking about it but nothing was mention about large guild nor did i even think to ask ;/ When i was on black desert i asked people if they was gonna play pantheon, all i got was crickets and any replys was like " whats pantheon" lol


    This post was edited by EnlightenedGuru at May 5, 2017 4:31 PM PDT
    • 1369 posts
    May 6, 2017 8:36 PM PDT

    They should definitely come check out Pantheon ... it's going to be a blast!

    • 26 posts
    May 11, 2017 11:32 AM PDT

    Mrkuiken said: Sots souls of the shadow --> DH

    I'm sure that we will get a lot of SoTS/DH folks to come back for Pantheon. The only difference is that so many of us our married and have kids now omgz! I'd rather spend my time (in my old age) playing a team based game with friends where we can dungeon crawl than spend any more time in WoW or WoW clones where gear is upgraded constantly.

    • 268 posts
    May 14, 2017 6:09 AM PDT

    Aredhel said:

     

    And... is there anyone that played EQ for any length of time that didn't know FoH!? There were a few infamous ones! A couple on E'ci, too!

     

    Ah yes ! Not only infamous . Toxic, destructive, KSing, training, harassing . I was on E'ci and remember the worst group of people I ever met in 18 years of MMO (a Guild called Shadow Souls or such) . They were so bad that they had to be officially disbanded by Verant and Norrath became a much better place once they were gone .

    I certainly DO hope that none of this kind of scum will appear on Pantheon and if they do that VR will liquidate them as fast as Verant did .

    • 15 posts
    May 25, 2017 10:45 PM PDT

    All this talk about EQ has got me feeling a little homesick.  I might have to reinstall it an run around some.

    • 13 posts
    July 12, 2017 8:03 AM PDT

    My guild in EQ went to WoW. I went to EQII. I was on the MT server. It was a european guild. The leadership was excellent and the players well organized.  I miss the Hades out of them. All the EQ talk makes me homesick too.  It was my first MMO and I have a soft spot for the game. What a great community we have here.  I am so looking forward to the launch!!

     

    • 18 posts
    July 14, 2017 1:19 PM PDT

    @Fleurs

    Fleurs, did you play on VZ back in EQ days? If so, i remember joining voice chat with you. I played a DE wiz named Vaad.