Forums » The Keeper's Vault

Keeper team

• 279 posts
    November 29, 2016 3:54 PM PST

I gotta admit, I kinda like this keeper. I read everything he had. I'm sure theres topics on religion/team to further flesh out your character,  is the keeper going to be an available team?

Gives you that hero of the press feel. 

• 237 posts
    December 2, 2016 1:56 PM PST

Hey BeaverBisuit -

What do you mean by "team"? It may be obvious, but I'm scratching my head and really want to answer your question.

• 279 posts
    December 2, 2016 2:40 PM PST

Istuulamae said:

Hey BeaverBisuit -

What do you mean by "team"? It may be obvious, but I'm scratching my head and really want to answer your question.

In Everquest 1, you could set yourself up with a certain religion. This religion would determine various things like which NPCs would hand you quests, and which would murder you on sight. 

What I mean by team is taking this "religion" system one step further. Rather than only picking religions for the above punishments/benefits, you can also pick a team for similar punishments/benefits.

So I could follow Mr. God 1 for my religion, and otherwise associate myself with the Keeper for my "team". This means that people who hate Mr. God 1 and/or the keeper would attack me, and people who hand quests to followers of Mr. God 1 and/or the keeper would hand me quests. This could very much increase the depth of characters.

Likewise, If the above is too complicated you could bring our possible associations, whether religious, moral, or belief/value based, into a single selection. In this case I choose for my character to be associated with the beleifs and values of  "mr god 1" OR the Keeper.

As an example; I could follow Mr. God 1 who wants me to utterly destroy the revenant. I could also associate myself with the Keeper, who beleives in gathering up as much true history as possible, no matter the consequences. My character and his goals could thus be defined by these beliefs and values. 

And yes, I realize "team" isn't a very old time fantasy game term. I just said it for lack of being able to think of a better one. "Assocation" doesn't really hit the nail on the head either.

This post was edited by BeaverBiscuit at December 2, 2016 2:45 PM PST
    • 237 posts
    December 6, 2016 6:59 PM PST

Mmmmmm. Now I see your question.

There will be ways in which you can engage the ideals of the Keeper -- but it will be distinct from a religious decision. Not that your idea isn't intriguing, but at this point the door to searching out the stories of Terminus should be relatively open to everyone. And if you started the game with no interest in that sort of thing but developed it over time, we'd hate for you to have to respec.

Regardless of how we end up tiying it all together, it is my sincere hope and aim that we have some sort of special thread for those of you who have an appetite for knowing and preserving history in game. And the humble head of it all is the Keeper.

• 172 posts
    December 14, 2016 10:04 PM PST

Istuulamae's love for history is aparent in this mechanic and I look forward to taking the journey.

Some may /Eyeroll this comment but I stand by my convictions.  From an RP perspective, my character will definately be a keeper, I am developing him to having a personal charge to demystify imbellishments and exaggerations in tales and find the truth in history.

I am sure[theory crafting] that becoming a keeper will involve Faction work, Language requirements, lore books, travel to iconic POI throughout the world and engaging the perception system heavily in these locations.  

I wonder if there will be other "jobs" available as well- jester, messenger, magical scholar, merchant, caravan guard, adventure planner, etc. More like daily duties than daily quests.

• 2148 posts
    December 15, 2016 3:28 AM PST

I wish we had more info on what is involved in becoming a Keeper and why someone may not want to become one.

• 1016 posts
    December 18, 2016 7:03 AM PST

I was thinking 'Keeper' was just a term they were using for someone that wants to quest a lot.  Intriguing that there's more to it.

• 1956 posts
    January 2, 2017 3:05 PM PST

Istuulamae said:

Mmmmmm. Now I see your question.

There will be ways in which you can engage the ideals of the Keeper -- but it will be distinct from a religious decision. Not that your idea isn't intriguing, but at this point the door to searching out the stories of Terminus should be relatively open to everyone. And if you started the game with no interest in that sort of thing but developed it over time, we'd hate for you to have to respec.

Regardless of how we end up tiying it all together, it is my sincere hope and aim that we have some sort of special thread for those of you who have an appetite for knowing and preserving history in game. And the humble head of it all is the Keeper.

I would love to do something like this. :)  Would it tie in somehow to the Book or Tome that was mentioned in the last livestream?   I remember in Warhammer they had a Tome of Knowledge (before Blizzard took that idea for their own :P)   It kept track of what you had done already,  what you needed to do for the future.     Keeper Tome would be interesting.  :)

This post was edited by CanadinaXegony at January 2, 2017 3:06 PM PST
    • 148 posts
    January 3, 2017 1:29 PM PST

Very interested in the lore of Pantheon and exploring the Keeper aspect of the game