Forums » Pantheon Classes

If you had to choose just one class to play what would it be?

• 69 posts
    November 8, 2016 10:06 AM PST

I was in the middle of another post in the Druid area when this question came to my mind.

For me, if Pantheon only allowed me to choose a single character to play it would be the Druid, without hesitation.

I loved the Druid's ability to heal, whether it was as a backup healer on harder content or a main healer. I loved the variation of DD and DOT spells in the Druid arsenal and how they could be used in various combinations when mana was running low. I loved the utility of the Druid, including the awesome skin and shield buffs, being able to teleport all over the world, run fast or levitate or both (SOE), evac the group when all hope of survival was lost.

So if you could only choose a single class to play what would it be and why?

-Jexxy / Halai from Morell-Thule EQ1 

• 151 posts
    November 8, 2016 10:19 AM PST

I will be an ogre warrior. 'cause "hulk smash."

@jexx I hope the druid is similar to the EQ druid and not the WoW version. 

• 69 posts
    November 8, 2016 11:42 AM PST

@Maximis - I agree, I have not found another MMO with a Druid class that was as rewarding as the EQ1 Druid

• 86 posts
    November 8, 2016 12:02 PM PST

Warrior is my first choice, either an ogre or dwarf depending on racial abilities/stats, and... barrel roll capabilities.

• 1303 posts
    November 8, 2016 12:16 PM PST

Necromancer.... Which means I'm pretty much SOL for some unknown period of time after release. 

• 2886 posts
    November 8, 2016 12:46 PM PST

Cleric. No doubt. Call me vain, but I love all the appreciation I get from the party for heals. It's good knowing that my party definitely could not have succeeded without me. Of course, with that, the healer also usually gets the most blame for wipes - but I work well under pressure haha. Anyway, it's much, much easier to find groups cause every party needs a good healer and therefore it's usually easier to level up! :) A cleric in gleaming full plate with a large ornate shield is a glorious sight to behold.

This post was edited by Bazgrim at November 8, 2016 12:47 PM PST
    • 363 posts
    November 8, 2016 2:48 PM PST

The only class that has ever been as challenging for me as it was fun to play...Shaman!

• 30 posts
    November 8, 2016 2:52 PM PST

Dire lord!FTW!...boxed with a drood...

• 294 posts
    November 8, 2016 2:58 PM PST

Dwarf Cleric for the win!

• 27 posts
    November 8, 2016 3:00 PM PST

Monk, because my third eye is open and I am one with the universe.

• 9115 posts
    November 8, 2016 3:01 PM PST

This is a great question Jexx, I have moved it into a more appropriate subforum, though, "Pantheon Classes" :)

• 1778 posts
    November 9, 2016 2:27 PM PST

Bard of course. It is afterall the most awesome class ever!

• 624 posts
    November 9, 2016 9:46 PM PST

I have to agree with Amsai - bard - first, last, always.  Who doesn't want to make their group look good, while looking good!

• 422 posts
    November 10, 2016 8:22 AM PST

Ranger. It is the only choice really.

• 37 posts
    November 14, 2016 7:17 PM PST

I will roll a Dire Lord and let the guards chase me around a few minutes before i kill them. My second class was always an enchanter. Locking down mobs and CC was always top priority in my groups. Mainly because i like to be standing after every pull so i can kill more stuff =).

• 610 posts
    December 23, 2016 3:21 PM PST

I really hope that at least 1 server (RP preferably) has a 1 toon restriction like FV did in EQ

• 32 posts
    December 24, 2016 5:53 AM PST

Tough call.  I plan to try 3-4 different classes and see if one 'grabs' me.  Historically I've always gravitated to support/heals and later to casters, I think it has to do with what frustrated me most in the previous game -- like after EQ in which I played a druid, I wanted to play something that could chop things so I picked a melee hybrid, after realizing it took forever to kill something, I wanted to play a nuker, and so on.  Might go full circle!

• 1618 posts
    December 26, 2016 3:08 PM PST

If I could only choose one class, it would have to be the Dire Lord. My family of tens plays together a lot. I have a wife and  5 gamer kids. Sometimes, finding a solid tank can be difficult. So I always fill that role, when necessary. 

I prefer the thematics of Dire Lords with death magic added to the tanking. I dont like warriors, just fighters with weapons.

Of course, the Enchanter is my most enjoyable class to play. But, if I can only play one, I have to be a tank to help my family out.

• 61 posts
    December 27, 2016 9:14 AM PST

Gnighteyes Gneehigh the Gnome warrior would gneed to be my single toon if I could gnever create more than one. He might gnot be my favorite to play, but he is gneeded in this world.

• 1618 posts
    December 27, 2016 3:17 PM PST

bluefoxcode said:

Gnighteyes Gneehigh the Gnome warrior would gneed to be my single toon if I could gnever create more than one. He might gnot be my favorite to play, but he is gneeded in this world.

And that is what is important. 

• 21 posts
    December 28, 2016 11:49 AM PST

Dire lord, if I had to choose one class out of many. I still think they should have kept the name, "Dread Lord".

• 1618 posts
    December 28, 2016 12:38 PM PST

I still like the name Shadow Knight better