Forums » News and Announcements

#Unite16 Pantheon Presentation

• 9115 posts
    November 2, 2016 3:04 AM PDT

Brad and Corey had a great time at #Unite16 for our Pantheon showing. Catch the Pantheon presentation and see how Unity has been a power tool for bringing Terminus to life.

https://youtu.be/h5iBcVYluRs?t=33m33s

• 563 posts
    November 2, 2016 6:42 AM PDT

Thanks for the link kilsin, I wasn't able to catch this live. Awesome job everyone, the presentation looked great, can't wait to get in and run around myself!

• 9115 posts
    November 2, 2016 7:55 AM PDT

Rachael said:

Thanks for the link kilsin, I wasn't able to catch this live. Awesome job everyone, the presentation looked great, can't wait to get in and run around myself!

You're very welcome and thank you :)

• 781 posts
    November 2, 2016 8:43 AM PDT

Thx Kils :)  Ok, so anyone else watching this get a huge feeling of home sickness:(  I am soo stoked about the years of great friendships and  awesome experiences we are going to encounter in Pantheon.  Thanks again Brad and everyone at VR for bringing back to life a genre we once thought was lost to the ages.  Thanks Pantheon Community for your sincere dedication in cheering these guys on not only with your wallets but in your social outlets as well.  You guys rock ! :)  * cheers

This post was edited by Kelem at November 2, 2016 8:53 AM PDT
    • 110 posts
    November 2, 2016 9:54 AM PDT

I just watched the stream and linked it to my husband. Thanks to this five-minute video, he's now on board. :) Thanks VR!!! <3

• VR Staff
    • 587 posts
    November 2, 2016 12:23 PM PDT

Thanks all -- looking forward to our next twitch stream which will be quite a bit longer and reveal much more :)  It's gonna rock! :)

Also what did you guys think of the new human male model?  It's an early version still, but we rolled it ourselves, e.g. it's not a Unity store asset.

• 563 posts
    November 2, 2016 12:33 PM PDT

I think the model is coming along great, it looked a little stiff while running but as an early version I think it looks very good. The structure / shape of the model looks great!

I was happy to see the cleric was wearing a shield, I love the idea of using a shield on my cleric :D

• VR Staff
    • 587 posts
    November 2, 2016 12:36 PM PDT

Yeah, to make it through as much area as we wanted to show we had to have Corey's character buffed with Spirt of the Cheetah so he could move fast.  The animations aren't synch'd to that speed so it looked a little goofy but we thought it was more important to show more of the world.

• 186 posts
    November 2, 2016 12:51 PM PDT

The model looks solid, I noticed that the avatar actually looked very similar to who was running it. (that was very impressive) That is one thing that I have always had trouble with, a shallow character creation tool. Over all, I really liked the video, the game is looking great so far :)

This post was edited by VitaKorp3n at November 2, 2016 12:52 PM PDT
    • 200 posts
    November 2, 2016 12:55 PM PDT

Liked the look overall, the facial details were a bit fuzzy, but nice scruff on em.  Some of the heights of the shorter races next to it seemed to have the human size appear smaller than I would envision, but that may have been due to elevation differences.

Also, there was one minor scene where you went into the face/head a bit. tough for that not to happen with some of the zoom options, and it reminded me of EQ a bit there :D

I would agree with Rachael about the torso being a bit rigid for movement, but that is a minor thing overall.

This post was edited by Warben at November 2, 2016 12:57 PM PDT
    • 22 posts
    November 2, 2016 1:02 PM PDT

I thouhgt the human model was good.  It does a good job of displaying the armor, its realist but not too realistic, and there is no uncanny valley.  I would say a pretty good job.

This post was edited by Drull at November 2, 2016 1:03 PM PDT
    • 110 posts
    November 2, 2016 1:11 PM PDT

Hey Aradune ... the best I can say is that that PC model looked believable in its world. The character looked like it belonged there, and that's a really great accomplishment :)

• 93 posts
    November 2, 2016 2:05 PM PDT

Aradune said:

Thanks all -- looking forward to our next twitch stream which will be quite a bit longer and reveal much more :)  It's gonna rock! :)

Also what did you guys think of the new human male model?  It's an early version still, but we rolled it ourselves, e.g. it's not a Unity store asset.

I thought it looked awesome man, looks like everything is really coming along great, I know you guys are proud. Keep up the good work

• 839 posts
    November 2, 2016 3:33 PM PDT

Thanks for the link Kils, loving the direction the character art is going in! A bit of realisim is what i love to see in the graphics of a MMO, not much fluff and lots of grit i say, great job guys!  Looking forward to the next stream!! 

• 6 posts
    November 2, 2016 3:41 PM PDT

The game looks great so far. The model of the humans looks awesome. It's not too realistic like EQ2, but not too cartoony like World of Warcraft. I think you have nailed the look of the model :) I'm still looking forward to an adventure that can match my EQ adventures. Keep up the good work guys, and i look forward to the Alpha. 

• 29 posts
    November 2, 2016 4:42 PM PDT

I remember back in the early days of EQ2 when speed buffs made all the model's legs move like Sonic the Hedgehog, but luckily that's a farcry to Pantheon's human model. The only thing that made me wonder was the rather stiff /wave emote, but I can tell those things will be for later...and the cleric having head concussions with his own hammer whenever he jumped (luckily he's hollow and doesn't take into account that sort of pain).

• 33 posts
    November 3, 2016 3:53 AM PDT

Aradune said:

I was really excited by how he looked. The entire model looks great! Nice job.

• 9115 posts
    November 3, 2016 4:00 AM PDT

Hokanu said:

Thanks for the link Kils, loving the direction the character art is going in! A bit of realisim is what i love to see in the graphics of a MMO, not much fluff and lots of grit i say, great job guys!  Looking forward to the next stream!! 

You're very welcome mate and glad you like them :)

• 172 posts
    November 3, 2016 4:19 AM PDT

Thanks for the link Kilsin!

Its really exciting to see what youve done so far with 15 devs and a look in to how youre actually doing it! Brad mentioned the goal being 40 devs and i think what youve accomplished with a small team already is incredibe! 

The game looks like it has a real classic feel and a lot of great ideas youve shown off so far, cant wait to see whats more to come with the stream!

This post was edited by Aayden at November 3, 2016 4:19 AM PDT
    • 78 posts
    November 3, 2016 4:58 AM PDT

Thanks for sharing the link Kilsin, and huge props to the team - was very excited to see how much improvement you've made from earlier videos - keep up the good work!!

• 9115 posts
    November 3, 2016 5:13 AM PDT

Aayden said:

Thanks for the link Kilsin!

Its really exciting to see what youve done so far with 15 devs and a look in to how youre actually doing it! Brad mentioned the goal being 40 devs and i think what youve accomplished with a small team already is incredibe! 

The game looks like it has a real classic feel and a lot of great ideas youve shown off so far, cant wait to see whats more to come with the stream!

zubi said:

Thanks for sharing the link Kilsin, and huge props to the team - was very excited to see how much improvement you've made from earlier videos - keep up the good work!!

You're both very welcome, glad you liked it :)

• 308 posts
    November 3, 2016 8:38 AM PDT

the game that was shown was awesome, the new model also looks good. and i cannot wait to explore the world myself. the only thing i can say that would be a negative is brad sounds like someone reading a report that doesnt really want to be there. flat tone and no excitement in his voice. possibly due to the speech he gave more extolling the virtues of Unity than Pantheon (as fitting of a event hosted by unity) so hoping this gets taken as constructive critique btw.

I would say that as a customer i get much more interested in something if the person presenting it at least seems excited about it. heck i bought into a few games just because of awesome presentations. such as EQ Next and Landmark, as well as dragon's prophet. say what you will about Georgeson the man can sell refrigerators to penguins or ice chests to Eskimos, but its because of the excited vibe, he just Radiates Excitement when doing a presentation.

• 781 posts
    November 3, 2016 10:39 AM PDT

He looked really good over all.  Like most have said, he seemed a bit stiff as if the armor he was wearing was too small for him..lol  but no worries.  Also, his hands don't wrap around his weapon and the shield wraps dont go around his forearm, those are all minor effects of course , no worries.  I am certain as the game reaches deeper development all these will be ironed out.  He looks great though guys, the environment is very nice, keep up the good work !

• 24 posts
    November 3, 2016 12:57 PM PDT

whats with the out of sync audio?  

*edit- for anyone who cares to listen you can run audio from another tab, Brad's part starts around 53:00 minutes...

This post was edited by Mayson at November 3, 2016 2:54 PM PDT
    • 22 posts
    November 3, 2016 1:47 PM PDT

jeklinger99 said:

whats with the out of sync audio

Worked yesterday, looks like the whole vid is screwed up.  Try this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFOcQbNMly8