Forums » Pantheon Classes

Mana. Regeneration classes

• 169 posts
    October 20, 2016 5:19 PM PDT
    While I would assume that bards are going to regenerate mana for the group, will necromancer have a power path? Will enchanter also have a mana regeneration ability? Will mages be able to make drinks I can spam while I am pulling?
    I am wondering this because of the excessive downtime I noticed during the live stream when you all were pulling mobs. I know that some down time is good, but having multiple classes than can regenerate some mana to lessen the stopping some would be more than ideal.
    • 1019 posts
    October 20, 2016 6:59 PM PDT

Maybe at later states in the game with gains being from some of the best gear, but everyone shouldn't have everything right at the start.

• 839 posts
    October 20, 2016 7:11 PM PDT

Almost definitely and likely just a few classes (Bard & Enchanter are the most likely) will have mana regen that can be dished out to other classes. Then you will probably have a few classes that do self only Hp-Mana conversion.  I am hoping personally that we do not have potions that can be used for mana regen.  If summoner could summon them, then hopefully they dont last for long before being unusable or at very least disapear after logging. 

Mana regen should be one of those prized skills like healing, run speed, levitate etc and i am hoping that it will be only a few classes that can dish it out in various forms, this keeps in line with relying on others to excel and the need for interaction and helping each other in and out of groups.

• 169 posts
    October 20, 2016 7:13 PM PDT
    I disagree, the ones that can regenerate mana can only do it a little bit at low levels, while at max level they should be able to give large chunks of it. For example...
    A low level bard/enchanter has a buff at low levels that generate an extra 10 mana a second...at level 20 they can get aa...or mastery points to make that same buff 2x or 3x as effective...and so forth until they are max level.
    A mage that could make drinks (only good while you are online, they disappear when you would log off) gets ability to make drinks more effective....
    A necromancer could take a power path for epic quests....each set of quests give them a stronger ability that would grant more power to the group.
    • 169 posts
    October 20, 2016 7:16 PM PDT
    And the abilities of the mage and necro would be super useful for grouping, but way less effective on raids.
    Necromancer ability would be a nuke that does dmg and turns it into mana for the group...we all know that nuking a raid boss with most necromancer spells is almost pointless...they are there for pets and giving the tanks life
    • 1281 posts
    October 20, 2016 8:03 PM PDT

Considering that they are still developing classes that will be in the game at launch, I doubt they have much laid out for Necro's right now. No point spending time on something (Necro's) that is a post release feature.

This post was edited by bigdogchris at October 20, 2016 8:04 PM PDT
    • 9115 posts
    October 20, 2016 8:18 PM PDT

This thread has been moved to Classes and as it is discussing class mechanics and as such, does not belong in General Pantheon, which is for anything else not covered by a dedicated subforum. :)

• 169 posts
    October 20, 2016 10:12 PM PDT
    Sorry kill, didn't see this one. It's my first day posting. I will look harder next time.......
    I understand not everything for all classes has been full developed at this point, I am spouting off ideas to make grouping fun, and with a little less downtime. While I don't mind downtime....if it's anything like it was in the livestream....i would consider that too much....should only have to stop 1 every 15-20 mins grinding....not every 3-5 pulls for mana
    • 839 posts
    October 21, 2016 5:08 PM PDT
    There will be no set rule for downtime it all depends on the group makeup you are in and the way people play their classes... if you burn mana at an epic rate you will have lots of downtime. If you don't take time away from swinging your staff to recharge mana during fights you will have lots of downtime. The game will allow for the player to decide their own downtime by how they play and if their group runs as a well oiled machine it not.
    • 169 posts
    October 21, 2016 5:16 PM PDT
    Mana use during fighting is common sense, what I'm saying is that there should be multiple classes that can act like a sorta battery to keep the downtime at a minimum.
    I understand that all groups are different, but in any group I ever had in Eqoa, we had a bard...enchanter...power path necromancer so that we didn't have to stop as often.
    WITH A Good bard or enchanter at max level and master class and the associated ability, never had to stop at all. Occasionally had to stop with power path necro unless it was a scholar..with the ability.
    While leveling always had some downtime.....and it didn't matter what we had in group. I would prefer for there to be a way to format a group while leveling so that downtime isn't too ridiculous...I consider anything over 5 mins every 30-45 excessive when I'm trying to beat down mobs for some serious xp
    • 9115 posts
    October 21, 2016 5:37 PM PDT

Hendricks said: Sorry kill, didn't see this one. It's my first day posting. I will look harder next time....... I understand not everything for all classes has been full developed at this point, I am spouting off ideas to make grouping fun, and with a little less downtime. While I don't mind downtime....if it's anything like it was in the livestream....i would consider that too much....should only have to stop 1 every 15-20 mins grinding....not every 3-5 pulls for mana

No problem my friend and the live streams are dev builds that will change greatly between now and launch, we will rely on our testers to help us find the perfect mana regen amount among many other things when we push it live, no eta yet, though ;)

• 839 posts
    October 21, 2016 8:29 PM PDT

Hendricks said: Mana use during fighting is common sense, what I'm saying is that there should be multiple classes that can act like a sorta battery to keep the downtime at a minimum. I understand that all groups are different, but in any group I ever had in Eqoa, we had a bard...enchanter...power path necromancer so that we didn't have to stop as often. WITH A Good bard or enchanter at max level and master class and the associated ability, never had to stop at all. Occasionally had to stop with power path necro unless it was a scholar..with the ability. While leveling always had some downtime.....and it didn't matter what we had in group. I would prefer for there to be a way to format a group while leveling so that downtime isn't too ridiculous...I consider anything over 5 mins every 30-45 excessive when I'm trying to beat down mobs for some serious xp

Cool, all i am saying is downtime has as much to do with mana usage as a mana regen, but the former especialy when mana batteres are not always commonly chosen classes... back to your initial post and so your not too worried about the downtime at this point.. what you might have also noticed in the Dev's play through was they were almost all whackin with their staffs fairly constantly during combat and doing very little sitting which (we would assume at this point is meditating) so more to my point earlier you would assume this is also why there was a lot of mana related downtime whch is exactly what you would expect with this kind of play style.  I think your initial presumptions about enchanters and bards is right as to be expected for those classes and their roles.  We are yet to know about summoners / shammys and i would not be holding my breath too much for necro info, but it is likely they will have mana conversion :)

This post was edited by Hokanu at October 21, 2016 8:37 PM PDT
    • 231 posts
    October 25, 2016 8:10 AM PDT

Hokanu said:

what you might have also noticed in the Dev's play through was they were almost all whackin with their staffs fairly constantly during combat and doing very little sitting which (we would assume at this point is meditating) 

My assumption about this is that they did not need to med to keep moving and they wanted to show off the game as much as possible. If half the stream was them sitting and medding it wouldn't make for a great stream. They were also very low level mobs/chars which means that spells, besides from heals, weren't as necessarry. Remember that until there was decent mregen+ gear, enc buffs, and usually bard songs, that mana regen sucked. So at the level they played at it would have been bad regardless. Also, they might not even have much of that stuff implemented yet.

Just my thoughts :)

This post was edited by tanwedar at October 25, 2016 8:12 AM PDT
    • 839 posts
    October 25, 2016 7:45 PM PDT

tanwedar said:

Hokanu said:

what you might have also noticed in the Dev's play through was they were almost all whackin with their staffs fairly constantly during combat and doing very little sitting which (we would assume at this point is meditating) 

My assumption about this is that they did not need to med to keep moving and they wanted to show off the game as much as possible. If half the stream was them sitting and medding it wouldn't make for a great stream. They were also very low level mobs/chars which means that spells, besides from heals, weren't as necessarry. Remember that until there was decent mregen+ gear, enc buffs, and usually bard songs, that mana regen sucked. So at the level they played at it would have been bad regardless. Also, they might not even have much of that stuff implemented yet.

Just my thoughts :)

Aye, I recon you're 100% right mate, i just wasnt sure if the OP had considered that fact when he was worrying about the downtime they used when they had to med up on the occasions they did!  He was looking for more flow without downtime in the time between mobs and i just thought i might point out they were not really trying to show off their groups mana balancing strategy more than just moving through as much of the area of the game being played!

• 169 posts
    October 25, 2016 10:03 PM PDT

I was just trying to use the livestream as a refernce point for discussion about what you all would find acceptable as downtime. I understand they need to move around on livestreams to keep people interested, i was trying to pry a little more information out of the devs if possible so we could could get a better idea on what they plan for how much or how little downtime is planned, and i was trying to pry information about how many classes would or could have atleast some mana regen abilities.

• 839 posts
    October 25, 2016 10:20 PM PDT

Ahh, cool sorry took it in that direction mate.  Unlikely they will reveal any of that till those classes have had their own reveal tho bud, but i recon your right in your initial post re:enchanter & bard being group mana batteries, and probably necro being a sacraficed mana battery.  Mage mana potions probably wont make it in would be my guess / hope

• 231 posts
    October 26, 2016 10:44 AM PDT

I took that wrong too! Sorry Meg. I would certainly hope that enchanters and bards get mana regen buffs/songs. Mod rods were a good idea that they had in EQ imo and canni was interesting though I doubt it will make it.