Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Who remembers the fire pots in EQ?

• 3852 posts
    May 25, 2017 5:07 AM PDT

>The point in bringing up this room is to reminisce about the feeling that came with making such an incredible discovery. Not many people knew about it. Those that did guarded its secret carefully...<

Indeed. Reminds me of a harvesting cave in Vanguard. Hard to just stumble on given the location and the nasty mobs all around it but if you knew it was there you could fly to it and harvest top level resources (including rares) without a single mob bothering you once you were inside. People kept that secret reasonably well too. Eventually the developers, such as there were (SoE did not exactly give Vanguard very good support in the years before its death) got around to shutting that one down by adding difficult mobs to the cave - quite properly so, it was really an exploit.

• 25 posts
    May 25, 2017 10:09 AM PDT

image said:

I remember being bound at TD pots and getting eaten by Faydedar :P

Beyond the timorous deep pots, there were pots in old world (qeynos catacombs, toxxulia forest, lesser faydark, neriak third gate) -- from my understanding these specific pots were for GM portals to allow quick travel (not sure how true that is).  Also in neriak third gate, there is a blocked wall next to the click pot (goes down a ramp) .. potential entrance for neriak palace (aka neriakd) that didn't make it into EQ?

You are correct. That blocked off wall was originally going to lead to the Neriak Palace.

• 25 posts
    May 25, 2017 10:10 AM PDT

Bazgrim said:

A little bit of lore background surrounding this mystery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knbfiDzYdbQ

I wish that guy would check his youtube PM inbox. I have some info that he'd find useful.

• 844 posts
    May 25, 2017 11:26 AM PDT

How is this topic ok in general discusssion but a discussion about diplomacy is not? Go figure.

• 2752 posts
    May 25, 2017 11:45 AM PDT

Here are a couple active threads that discuss diplomacy, the first including Aradune responses even if it is rather dated:

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/2463/can-pantheon-have-diplomacy-vg-soh-bards/view/page/1

On Factions with some diplomacy talks:

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/3446/faction-based-play-in-pantheon/view/page/1

• 9115 posts
    May 25, 2017 6:10 PM PDT

zewtastic said:

How is this topic ok in general discusssion but a discussion about diplomacy is not? Go figure.

Because the poster clearly set out what they wanted to see in Pantheon by providing a detailed example from their experience in EQ, so it was made clear that it was something they wanted to see in Pantheon but clearly typing at the bottom:

"I hope we see this in Pantheon in some way, shape, or form."

Therefore it is perfectly acceptable to be in General Pantheon.

Your Diplomacy post was purely about VG Diplo and how you miss it, it wasn't related or linked back to Pantheon at all and therefore does not belong in any subforums related to our game.

• 23 posts
    May 26, 2017 11:55 AM PDT

Talvaris said:

One of my absolute favorite memories in EQ was overhearing rumors of a secret chamber hidden beneath the waves of a large ocean zone. This room, known on my server as "the fire pot room," was located in the Timorous Deep underneath a giant sunken wizard's spire. The square room boasted 12 fire pots, four on each side, and each of the pots were adorned to mirror the style of those found in the major racial cities within the known world. What made this room so incredible is that you could actually click on any of the different pots to be teleported to its corresponding city. Some people were fortunate enough to actually set their bind point to that room before the devs locked that down, giving those few lucky players unprecedented access to the world.

Yup. It was their early attempt at trying to create a Nexus-style area(the second attempt, in fact, being The Nexus), that would culminate with the iconic Plane of Knowledge.

• 5 posts
    June 1, 2017 11:27 AM PDT

The more of these hidden little areas that make it into Pantheon, that encourage exploration and the players questioning "what is that doing there?" and investigating the lore, the better... 

I missed the Firepot binding, but i'd heard about it...I spent far too long getting lost in the Plane of Mischief after a TOV raid and have no regrets...I have only just learned about Miragul's Highway from EQ1 after watching a fantastic channel about EQ mysteries; a game i played religiously for a lot of my teenage years, and there is still stuff i am learning about it a ridiculous amount of time later..

It doesn't even necessarily have to be "useful" like a Firepot style transport hub but things like abandoned apothecary workshops, hidden Lich phylactery chambers, mysterious blades in stones, etc... would be fantastic opportunities to make the most of the perception system and lead certain races/ classes into quests

And there better be a giant Chessboard...just because!

• 40 posts
    July 1, 2017 2:13 PM PDT

I am a huge fan of hidden stuff, puzzles and figuring stuff out. 

As a Dark Elf in EQ1, using the Freeport tunnels and ways to get to the bank to kill other players for coin. Was so much fun.

Trap doors, trap floors like in Befallen etc. There are entire Youtube video series on the mysteries of Everquest. I hope something like that can be made in Pantheon. My worst fear is that the world with be plain and boring.