Forums » Community Sites

Pantheon101

• 16 posts
    January 8, 2017 12:54 PM PST

v0.50 is up! http://pantheon101.com/article/34/site-update-v0-50

Lots of things added, I guarantee I many features were broken in the process but.. that's half the fun!

• 188 posts
    January 8, 2017 1:32 PM PST

Looked good when I got a look, Orsenfelt!  Now getting the "Ooops, something went wrong" message when logging in, though.

• 16 posts
    January 8, 2017 1:55 PM PST

Should be working for you now, something b0rked pushing the new code live and it took me a while to sort out.

• 780 posts
    January 8, 2017 6:48 PM PST

Nice work, man.  I'm having some trouble registering now, though.  Says something went wrong.

EDIT:  I guess the site is just down for now.

This post was edited by Shucklighter at January 8, 2017 6:49 PM PST
    • 16 posts
    January 9, 2017 9:23 AM PST

Nice work, man.  I'm having some trouble registering now, though.  Says something went wrong.

This should now also be fixed, your account was created so shouldn't need to register again =)

This post was edited by Orsenfelt at January 9, 2017 9:24 AM PST
    • 780 posts
    January 9, 2017 5:34 PM PST

All set now.  Great site.

• 7 posts
    January 10, 2017 12:03 AM PST

Very nifty, as long as it's a community based thing and not just scraped out of the data files all should be good :)

• 159 posts
    January 11, 2017 12:11 PM PST

Signed up, looks great.

• 104 posts
    January 31, 2017 12:02 AM PST
    Just registered. Looks good.
    • 2 posts
    January 31, 2017 11:40 AM PST

It would be cool if the login was the visionary realms account. That way people who add the information can be verified.

This post was edited by Ghaleon at January 31, 2017 12:38 PM PST
    • 16 posts
    January 31, 2017 12:21 PM PST

If VR ever do an OAuth system I'd be happy to add it.

• 2 posts
    January 31, 2017 12:39 PM PST

In general though, how will this be different/better than a wiki?

If people can contribute and their are no ads that would be a major bonus. Other than that though, it seems a wiki would do fine.

• 68 posts
    January 31, 2017 2:41 PM PST

Very nice to have the site to look up resources. Thank you Orsenfelt.

• 12 posts
    February 18, 2017 3:45 PM PST

This site looks great Orsenfelt! Can't wait to use and contribute as much as I can!

• 399 posts
    February 19, 2017 8:52 PM PST

Works andd looks great on pC! Good job. Cant get to anything on iPad though....??

• 16 posts
    March 4, 2017 5:46 AM PST

Hey all, just popping in quickly to say that updates should be coming in thick and fast again over the next week. Took a bit of time to do real life work. Site is now on Laravel5.4, which like the upgrade to 5.3 makes a whole bunch of stuff possible very easily (once some bugs are ironed out)

Ghaleon said:

In general though, how will this be different/better than a wiki?

If people can contribute and their are no ads that would be a major bonus. Other than that though, it seems a wiki would do fine.

Wiki's for the most part are document based, they're great improvements on textbooks or encylopedias where events can be described, cross checked and referenced to build a narrative understanding of the topic. Great for piecing together the lore of the game but a bespoke structured database, as Pantheon101 mainly is, opens up many more possibilities for dealing with 'game objects', numbers, equations and the like.

Durp said:

Works andd looks great on pC! Good job. Cant get to anything on iPad though....??

Thanks.

On the iPad, Still a lot of testing and tweaking to go into the usability.  

• 595 posts
    March 4, 2017 9:05 AM PST

Orsenfelt said:

Hey all, just popping in quickly to say that updates should be coming in thick and fast again over the next week. Took a bit of time to do real life work. Site is now on Laravel5.4, which like the upgrade to 5.3 makes a whole bunch of stuff possible very easily (once some bugs are ironed out)

Very cool Orsenfelt.  I'm looking forward to seeing the progress ;)

• 31 posts
    March 6, 2017 8:15 PM PST
    Many thanks to you for all the work it takes to build a database site. I look forward to contributing as well as using your database :)
    • 5 posts
    April 18, 2017 1:08 PM PDT

Very nice work Orsenfelt.

I have a couple questions.

1) Will the NDA block you from putting information in once the various testing stages start?

2) Do you plan to to the item popups to see the stats without having to click on the item?

• 16 posts
    April 20, 2017 2:15 AM PDT

Abrams said: 

1) Will the NDA block you from putting information in once the various testing stages start?

I haven't seen any NDA agreement so I don't know exactly what the restrictions might be. If VR are okay with info being saved but not published we can do that - or if they want info not saved at-all we can do that too.

Abrams said: 

2) Do you plan to to the item popups to see the stats without having to click on the item?

Yes.

• 13 posts
    April 29, 2017 3:26 PM PDT

I think this looks brilliant! Aweosme job so far! Responsiveness is key however. as someone mentioned above, as I know a lot of folks use a mobile device, like a tablet, to look stuff up as they play on desktop systems, but I know you'll get to that stage two. :)

I didn't poke around enough to really figure this out, but I have a question: Will there be photos that people can submit of items? One thing I miss terribly from EQ1 days was EQFashion - that site was so awesome for helping people figure out what stuff 'looked coolest' for their characters, and that is something people often can't find on other sites, at least in searchable form. Wiki has some photos for some items, but they're not searchable. For example, it'd be awesome to be able to tag images of different visible items with keywords like "Black", "Chain", "Breastplate" etc, so you could then do a word tage search for stuff you need, and then know what drops it and where to get it.

Just some thoughts from a somewhat vain MMORPGer. =D

• 6 posts
    December 3, 2017 9:09 PM PST

Hello fellow Pantheon fan,

I'm a UI / UX designer with 5 years experience, and i was wondering if you needed any help with the website you are creating. My experience levels are mostly front end with design, html, css and javascript. I do have experience with mobile websites as well. If nothing in those roles are available I would enjoy helping as an admin.

Please let me know.

Thanks!

• 16 posts
    April 7, 2018 4:20 PM PDT

v0.70 update http://pantheon101.com/article/40/site-update-v0-70

Despite the somewhat radio silence, I have actually been working on the site. More doing less talking really. What's changed in v0.70 is there for everyone to see but I thought I'd expand a little on what I plan for the next update.

Guilds / Rosters / Management

With characters / equipment / profiles now in and mostly working, the next update will have some focus on guilds. There's already a fairly simple system up and running where you can place a write-up, upload a banner, list the type of guild, links out to websites etc. Carrying on from that I want to add lists of member characters, ranks and so on. 

Discord Bot

I've been slowly learning a bit of GoLang and it's always best to learn with a project, so why not have it be a Pantheon101 bot for Discord. If anyone is even semi-proficient in Go and would like to have me pick your brain a bit - don't be shy. I've managed to get a basic !search command working, so that's progress at least.

Eventually my goal (for the entire site) is to be somewhere that offers tools players actually need and want to use - whether they're built into the site or just given a place to be promoted. So if batphones are your guilds thing, maybe we can find a way to make it really easy. Likewise with DPS programs, maps, guild DKP etc. Long way off all that obviously but it's the general idea.

Will there be photos that people can submit of items?

Yes, absolutely! Like the zones pages already have, items/etc will all eventually support images.

I'm a UI / UX designer with 5 years experience, and i was wondering if you needed any help with the website you are creating. My experience levels are mostly front end with design, html, css and javascript. I do have experience with mobile websites as well. If nothing in those roles are available I would enjoy helping as an admin.

Can always use all of the above. If you sign up on the site, send me your username and I'll set you up with some backend access. Happy to let you explore around and see what you could do better!

This post was edited by Orsenfelt at April 7, 2018 4:21 PM PDT
    • 16 posts
    December 10, 2018 12:54 PM PST

Version v0.90 bump! Been a while but that just means there's a lot of stuff in one update.

http://pantheon101.com/article/42/site-update-v0-90

• 2886 posts
    December 10, 2018 1:43 PM PST

Glad to see you're still at it, Orsenfelt!