Forums » Community Sites

Pantheon101

• 16 posts
    September 21, 2016 4:52 AM PDT

Hello! http://Pantheon101.com is a database/lookup/utility site for Pantheon.

---------

Firstly, I recognise that it might seem stupidly early to put a site like this live with the game being pre-pre-pre-alpha but there is (I hope) method in my madness. I've been working on this for about two months now and as it has become increasingly clear that VR don't intend to do too much in the way of direct API data feeds - and that is brilliant - I've tried to speed along to an early launch and this post.

I backed the Kickstarter (and the game now) because I want that sense of mystery, exploration and community. I think you all do too. I think a database site can be a useful part of that if it sticks to the same principles as the game - community sourced, helpful and not just some automated script that relentlessly mirrors the in-game database. 

My intention is to build it from now in the open, hopefully with the help of the wider community. You can find my general intentions on the launch news post but the most important thing for me is finding out what kind of database/lookup site you want. So any feedback, questions, ideas at-all are welcome!

--------

Obviously the site is very early in development, expect some broken stuff, missing stuff etc etc. Likewise with the data currently there, it's mostly stuff I noted down when watching the Twitch streams.

• 116 posts
    September 21, 2016 5:55 AM PDT

+1 Great work Orsenfelt, it looks like it will be a great resource for all things Pantheon.

• 563 posts
    September 21, 2016 6:18 AM PDT

It looks great so far, excelent work you've put into it :D I gotta agree with Oldtimer, this looks like it can become an amazing resource for all of us in the future! 

This post was edited by Rachael at September 21, 2016 6:18 AM PDT
    • 148 posts
    September 21, 2016 7:52 AM PDT

Looks good so far, something along the lines of allakhazam wouldn't be bad with all of the information being community provided and verifed.

I think it's a good idea that they won't be having an api to pull all this directly out of game, look at mmo-champion for example and how everything is already displayed for new WoW content before it even comes out. Just takes away from the mystery.

• 201 posts
    September 21, 2016 8:48 AM PDT

Nice work, a couple of us were talking about how we were planning on something similar and now are just going to scrap it.  

Do you plan on allowing any type of api to your database?  Just thinking long term for other types of apps out there (ie: Phone apps, Discord bots).

• 16 posts
    September 21, 2016 9:26 AM PDT

Rivacom said:

Nice work, a couple of us were talking about how we were planning on something similar and now are just going to scrap it.  

Hopefully at some stage relatively soon I'll have all the pieces in place to start looking for content people. Realistically about two weeks out from that but if you're interested in that kind of thing happy to keep you posted on when it happens.

Do you plan on allowing any type of api to your database?  Just thinking long term for other types of apps out there (ie: Phone apps, Discord bots).

Yep - within reason and any terms VR might have, of course.

There's the start of an API (and an emeddable javascript tooltip) but currently no public way to access it. I'm holding off on that for now until the data structure is more settled.

jimm0thy said:

Looks good so far, something along the lines of allakhazam wouldn't be bad with all of the information being community provided and verifed.

I think it's a good idea that they won't be having an api to pull all this directly out of game, look at mmo-champion for example and how everything is already displayed for new WoW content before it even comes out. Just takes away from the mystery.

Thank you and my thoughts exactly, it's supposed to be an adventure!

• 9115 posts
    September 21, 2016 5:13 PM PDT

Nice work Orsenfelt :)

• 65 posts
    September 21, 2016 7:47 PM PDT

looks awesome.

as VR wont be adding API to pantheon so no easy way to track loot.

maybe a standalone APP/client to read logs to auto populate to your site.....   Mob names, Loot from said named, Zone this mob is found in.

the item info would need a picture upload or info input manually i guess.

just an idea.

but looks great and can see alot of people using it. 

This post was edited by Porky at September 22, 2016 1:01 AM PDT
    • 1468 posts
    September 22, 2016 3:20 AM PDT

Your website looks really good. The funny thing was I was working on a Pantheon database type site myself as well. I guess I'll stop work on it now you've beaten me to the punch :). I look forward to seeing how the website progresses during testing and when the game finally releases.

• 16 posts
    September 26, 2016 3:18 PM PDT

Update: Tomorrow, after I've tied up a few loose ends, I'll be pushing changes to the site. There's a number of front end design tweaks but mostly I have been implementing an admin role system so;

Anyone interested in the Admin/Mod/Backend type stuff speak up, sign up and we can start rolling there. Ideally at this stage looking for people with a technical mindset, working understanding of databases etc. I don't expect anyone to write any code but obviously it's early stages, things break, features need discussed, potential issues talked about and thought out before getting added.

If that's not your thing and you're more interested in adding items, spells etc - speak up anyway - more the merrier!

----

v0.21 is Live! http://pantheon101.com

This post was edited by Orsenfelt at September 27, 2016 10:17 AM PDT
    • 186 posts
    September 27, 2016 3:53 PM PDT
    I am not in that position yet, but give me a few years. Currently in school for IA, and have a background that included working on a Submarine. I would be interested in eventually helping out.
    • 363 posts
    November 3, 2016 2:47 PM PDT

Thank you for doing this, Orsenfelt. Seriously. I work seven days week pretty much and I KNOW there will be times when I need info on the game and I know now where to go to get it. Bookmarked your database site...now where's alpha???  

• 112 posts
    November 20, 2016 5:21 AM PST

Good job on the site!

• 188 posts
    November 24, 2016 8:29 PM PST

Site is looking really good, Orsenfelt.

• 595 posts
    December 11, 2016 10:57 PM PST

I just sent you a PM @Orsenfelt.  Not sure if these forums send PM/invite notifications as the previous forums did.

• VR Staff
    • 176 posts
    December 13, 2016 12:38 PM PST

This is fantastic Orsenfelt :)

• 138 posts
    December 13, 2016 3:01 PM PST

Oh, I'm just seeing this. Nice work! Hopefully this will be the equivalent to allakhazam for EQ. I lived on that site when I could not play the game, and I wanted to daydream about places to go, and add gear to my never-ending wish list. 

• 144 posts
    January 3, 2017 1:25 PM PST

Excellent! Registered and looking forward to contributing!

• 781 posts
    January 3, 2017 3:25 PM PST

Registered ! :)  Will be my go to site, thx Orsenfelt :) 

• 16 posts
    January 3, 2017 3:34 PM PST

Thanks guys! Much appreciated.

Giving myself until this Sunday to push out some new features and if I don't do it you can all publicly shame me until I do!

• 78 posts
    January 5, 2017 3:19 AM PST

Looks great Orsenfelt, great work!

Bookmarked already.

• 3016 posts
    January 5, 2017 4:04 PM PST

Same bookmarked looks very good! :)

• 780 posts
    January 5, 2017 4:57 PM PST

Looks pretty nice.  Wish there was more information available to put in, though.  Haha.

• 2886 posts
    January 5, 2017 8:28 PM PST

The spells page is missing Spirit of Joppa! lol jk

I'm impressed you've made this so early. I can only imagine how much work you'll have to do when we actually start getting some real, finalized information. Hopefully you still have time to actually play the game lol

• 643 posts
    January 6, 2017 9:36 AM PST

Make it just like the original allakhazam (not like lucy) and it will be wonderful!