Forums » Developer's Journal

Epic sound track: The tie that binds it altogether

• 246 posts
    September 5, 2016 2:38 PM PDT

The music that filled the great halls of Bordinar's Cleft made me feel like a dwarf, not just an animated, button and mouse driven, compilation of ones and zeros.

The stir that pierced the regal air when enterring New Targonor for the first time, and every time thereafter.

The base tribal instinct that rang deep within my heart due to the drums of Martok.

I felt like a bird on the wing floating aloft on warm breezes in Rindol Field.

These and so many other epic sound tracks are the life-blood to great and lasting memories in gaming. I still have and listen to the Vanguardsoh track from time to time. I have wondered far adrift in the dozens of tracks that made Eve a lasting impression to me. The fun days of crafting my own music in AC2 and joining together with others to briefly play a tune. There are so many more I could add, but i think I have made the point I am hoping to get across.

If I might beg a tug on a developers shirt sleeve?

We must have music!

I know it can be expensive. But we must have it none-the-less. Please tell us that it is all that we hope.

• 267 posts
    September 6, 2016 3:55 AM PDT

Klumpedge said:

The music that filled the great halls of Bordinar's Cleft made me feel like a dwarf, not just an animated, button and mouse driven, compilation of ones and zeros.

The stir that pierced the regal air when enterring New Targonor for the first time, and every time thereafter.

The base tribal instinct that rang deep within my heart due to the drums of Martok.

I felt like a bird on the wing floating aloft on warm breezes in Rindol Field.

These and so many other epic sound tracks are the life-blood to great and lasting memories in gaming. I still have and listen to the Vanguardsoh track from time to time. I have wondered far adrift in the dozens of tracks that made Eve a lasting impression to me. The fun days of crafting my own music in AC2 and joining together with others to briefly play a tune. There are so many more I could add, but i think I have made the point I am hoping to get across.

If I might beg a tug on a developers shirt sleeve?

We must have music!

I know it can be expensive. But we must have it none-the-less. Please tell us that it is all that we hope.

Music, ah music.  You should check out this link my friend:

https://pantheonmmo.com/media/audio/

• 246 posts
    September 6, 2016 3:14 PM PDT

Thank You Aarpoch for the link.

I did not know... Now I do... The word Amazing falls short.

I enjoyed all the songs, but think I could literally listen to "Snow Falls" for hours on end. Exquisite.

• 267 posts
    September 6, 2016 3:40 PM PDT

Most glad to be of help :)

• 190 posts
    September 14, 2016 12:36 PM PDT

I haven't played eq in ten years, but I could hum that soundtrack right now! I whole heartedly agree... sound is important! 

This post was edited by Ashvaild at September 14, 2016 12:37 PM PDT
    • 15 posts
    February 18, 2017 6:52 PM PST

This post was edited by Nekentros at February 19, 2017 1:12 AM PST
    • 23 posts
    February 20, 2017 8:25 AM PST
    Music is everything! Especially the login screen! When you remember a game it's that music you think of most just like EQ's login music.
    • 8 posts
    October 10, 2017 12:54 AM PDT

I am sure they will make a great soundtrack, the question is, are they going to release it on vinyl for us plebs to purchase! pleaaaase