Forums » The Dwarves

Female Dwarves

• 74 posts
    August 22, 2016 9:33 PM PDT

I liked the dwarves from EQ, though most faces left me cold (par for the course in those days). The dwarves from Vanguard were okay, if a little square-headed. The dwarves in Rift and Dragon Age, however? Perfection.

What do you think? Where have some good representations of female dwarves been seen?

Also, I know it is tempting, but please try not to bring up Tolkien's dwarf-folk. His lack of discernible women in the Dwarven kingdoms is cringe-worthy. Also, I think most people would agree that despite some stellar animation in Asian MMOs, the little girls/teenagers that some try to pass off as dwarves are really creepy.

• 158 posts
    November 30, 2016 8:41 PM PST

here is what I can find, although I can't imagine that this is accurate to what is current. (was a pain to find)

This post was edited by VitaKorp3n at November 30, 2016 8:41 PM PST
    • 2262 posts
    December 1, 2016 6:52 AM PST

VitaKorp3n said:

here is what I can find, although I can't imagine that this is accurate to what is current. (was a pain to find)

Nice find. Concept art is a good start

• 74 posts
    December 3, 2016 9:41 PM PST

Very nice! It's a plus that she doesn't have a beard and her proportions aren't radically different than the pictured male.

• 237 posts
    December 6, 2016 7:41 PM PST

VitaKorp3n said:

This was our first attempt at concepting the dwarves and debuted in our race reveal quite some time ago. I think it's fair to say the spirit of them is still intact for the Dwarven male and female.

• 158 posts
    December 6, 2016 7:53 PM PST

Istuulamae said:

This was our first attempt at concepting the dwarves and debuted in our race reveal quite some time ago. I think it's fair to say the spirit of them is still intact for the Dwarven male and female.

Very cool, ty Istuulamae! I am actually in the process of drawing a picture of a female dwarf, this was pretty much all I could find for a reference, and was kinda looking at Norse female warriors (not sure if that is the direction you guys are going) Love the artwork, give my regards to the concept artist!

• 79 posts
    December 9, 2016 10:36 AM PST

I like the initial drawing for concept but make no mistake that "butter knife" has to go on her belt.   It certainly not big/wide enough to be a dwarf weapon!  

• 6 posts
    December 27, 2016 6:48 AM PST
    I really hope female dwarfes get a beard. Not like a male beard but more like a bum fluff
    • 1522 posts
    December 27, 2016 3:10 PM PST

All dwarves should have a beard and Mohawk option, especially the women.

• 8 posts
    January 26, 2017 9:43 AM PST

agreed

• 1 posts
    April 6, 2017 12:24 AM PDT

Sefax said: I really hope female dwarfes get a beard. Not like a male beard but more like a bum fluff

Agree with that...i wish female dwarves are like LoTR lore with a soft beard