Forums » News and Announcements

The August Newsletter Is Out!

• 9115 posts
    August 10, 2016 5:00 PM PDT

An AMA with Brad, Why Community Matters, A Community Spotlight and Game Patch Notes all in August's Pantheon Newsletter.

http://pantheonmmo.com/newsletter/2016_august_intro/

• 429 posts
    August 10, 2016 5:45 PM PDT

Give me a heart attack why don't you :p , seriously though I almost fell out of my chair when I got a email but nothing but the headlines loaded I thought WTF Im invited to Alpha . few seconds later the rest of it loaded

• 68 posts
    August 10, 2016 5:52 PM PDT

Great newsletter VR! i think its great that you added patch notes, at this stage everyone is chomping at the bit, so every little bit helps and i find patch notes interesting for some reason, always have.  perhaps im just weird.  

• 176 posts
    August 10, 2016 6:32 PM PDT

Rhelic said:

Great newsletter VR! i think its great that you added patch notes, at this stage everyone is chomping at the bit, so every little bit helps and i find patch notes interesting for some reason, always have.  perhaps im just weird.  

I agree! 

Patchy notes fill a hole that help me stay connected to an ever changing world ;)

• 384 posts
    August 10, 2016 6:40 PM PDT

Thanks for the patch notes! The part for invterted people was my favorite!!!  =) You damn non-inverted people are weird.

• 9115 posts
    August 10, 2016 8:46 PM PDT

Haha, we weren't trying to cause heart attacks I promise! The patch notes are a great edition, I knew you folks would enjoy them ;)

• 220 posts
    August 10, 2016 9:48 PM PDT

Thanks for the newsletter! Cheers for the patch notes and the new format.  

For september, I would like to throw my hat in for a lore reveal. I would like to see some concept art for the Ginto/revenant/remenant. It would help me with a fanfiction piece that is coming together =)

• 201 posts
    August 10, 2016 11:16 PM PDT

SOOOOO, ABOUT that monster that was apparently rooted; WAS it actually rooted since January?!?

In reference to this "

• Root now breaks correctly in all situations. The skeleton that was rooted on the rock by the Thronefast waterfall since January offers his thanks."
    • VR Staff
    • 104 posts
    August 11, 2016 6:53 AM PDT

LeonSanborn said:

SOOOOO, ABOUT that monster that was apparently rooted; WAS it actually rooted since January?!?

In reference to this "

• Root now breaks correctly in all situations. The skeleton that was rooted on the rock by the Thronefast waterfall since January offers his thanks."

We went to go ask him but he keeps running away from us now.

• 9115 posts
    August 11, 2016 7:57 AM PDT

BenD said:

LeonSanborn said:

In reference to this "

We went to go ask him but he keeps running away from us now.

Hahaha :D

• 133 posts
    August 11, 2016 1:00 PM PDT
    Skeletons were people, too!

I really enjoyed this month''s newsletter. Thank you!

I have a request: in the Eq loading screens there were all these funny comments. I hope we will see these in Pantheon as well. Please. With a digital cherry on top.
    • 1778 posts
    August 12, 2016 3:06 PM PDT

I really enjoyed this one guys. Hats off to the team, and Raidan!

Nice into.

A word from the CM.

Shocking interview!!! (Raidan wants to be evil) :b

And patch notes with flavor.

• 999 posts
    August 13, 2016 10:05 AM PDT

Haha thanks Amsai - I usually do balance it out though by having some alt that's "good" also - so... Maybe not 100% evil? :)

• 563 posts
    August 16, 2016 6:53 AM PDT

Great newsletter, my gmail is hiding them on me now for some reason so I just noticed it :P

Loved the patch notes section! The Community Spotlight is a great idea, good interview Raidan :D

• 9115 posts
    August 16, 2016 7:08 AM PDT

Rachael said:

Great newsletter, my gmail is hiding them on me now for some reason so I just noticed it :P

Loved the patch notes section! The Community Spotlight is a great idea, good interview Raidan :D

Unfortunately, as Ben D explained in our meeting today, Gmail treats our Newsletters as promotions and hides them in the promotions tab, not your default mail folder, so Gmail users will have to make sure they check their promo tab/folder :)

• 3016 posts
    August 17, 2016 10:14 AM PDT

Okay this is probably a silly question but going to ask it anyways,   the Halnir Caves....why does Halnir remind me of Vanguard?  Just something familiar about that name.  :)   And...I am still not receiving that monthly newsletter even though I applied for it after I changed my e-mail address.    Will check my gmail account to see if it landed there.  :)

Cana

• 3016 posts
    August 17, 2016 10:26 AM PDT

Also ..who writes the patch notes,  funny stuffs.   Hoping we get those loading screen messages in Pantheon,  like we did in EQ,   they were entertaining. :)  Patch note quote:  Added Throw and ThrowMiss effects. We need to test this but please be responsible. And keep the pies away from Aradune. We don’t want a repeat of the Christmas party. - end quote     I like it. :D

This post was edited by CanadinaXegony at August 17, 2016 10:28 AM PDT
    • 781 posts
    August 17, 2016 5:21 PM PDT

If you "star" it, it will go in your primary folder , or that's how i did it for my gmail a while back :) 

• 453 posts
    August 20, 2016 8:15 AM PDT

I have to agree, those patch notes are gosh darn funny :) I actually snorted my morning coffee while reading ...

• Visual updates to multiple spell abilities. MOAR SPARKLIES!
    • Scaled attack animations to match characters attack speed. 2016 is just not ready for invisible melee damage.
    • Added a new audio manager, vastly improving sound effect administration. Bigger booms. Less mess.
    • Fixed AoE spells that were causing splash damage to caster. As hilarious as it was to watch newbie wizards blow themselves up ultimately it was decided that this is not conducive to a welcoming environment.
    • Added invert mouse setting to controls for inverted people.
    • Modified location settings in bug reporter for increased accuracy. Now please stop reporting bugs via zonewide /shout.
    • Improved messaging with dodge, block, riposte and parry. Plans for a dramatic reading by James Earl Jones is being looked into.
    • Added and Improved floating combat text messages. Combat window or on screen. You’s gots choices.
    • Root now breaks correctly in all situations. The skeleton that was rooted on the rock by the Thronefast waterfall since January offers his thanks.
    • Added a new zoneline to Avendyr’s Pass. Where does it lead? Zone out and find out.
    • Unwanted items are now easier to delete. Unwanted bad groupmates are still your responsibility.
    • Meditation is now more relaxing. It actually has been for a while but we fell into a wonderful deep sleep for a while after the fix so we couldn’t post it until now.
    • Added Throw and ThrowMiss effects. We need to test this but please be responsible. And keep the pies away from Aradune. We don’t want a repeat of the Christmas party.

This post was edited by Jason at August 20, 2016 8:15 AM PDT
    • 96 posts
    August 25, 2016 7:57 PM PDT
    • Root now breaks correctly in all situations. The skeleton that was rooted on the rock by the Thronefast waterfall since January offers his thanks.

'IF' the skeleton was real, and not just inserted for flavor...well, since I'm information starved and trying to read between the lines, I'm going to assume for the sake of theory that he was real...

I'm sure that there have been changes made to the server since January, and if this skellie has been there that long...either updates can be made to the server without bringing it down, or, and I think this is more likely, the process of bringing the server down saves the state of the server, so that the state of everything is restored upon reboot, and we won't have the patch-day respawns that we are used to from other games.  If the second is true, IMO it's about time ;)