Forums » The Archai

Love this race

• 19 posts
    August 7, 2016 3:58 PM PDT

love the look and the story line.  Looks like they will have Honor and bravery based on what they had to deal with in their past.

Now if I can just make the Elf Queen lady fall in love with an Archai :p

• 1014 posts
    August 22, 2016 11:26 AM PDT

After listing to the VoT Voice of Terminus team discuss this race I was hooked.   I agree it is a great story behind the race and the interaction with the other Terminus races will be interesting indeed. I think they will be enjoyable and most important to me a long term playable character.

Ox

• 19 posts
    August 22, 2016 11:37 AM PDT

Yeah, I agree. I think you can create a really good storyline in your head with this Honorable race.  That being said, you can develop your storyline to be like "Hey, dwarves never helped us." so you can have your character not like Dwarves etc...Just a great storyline already with what they have given us

• 1014 posts
    August 22, 2016 12:10 PM PDT

Well they are an interesting race and they are already pulling me in with the struggles they have had to overcome. Makes them a good candidate race for faction and crafting too. I am chomping at the bit for new information and lore but we will have to wait. I am curious to see if they have a hierarchy in their culture. Tons of questions piling up so this should be fun.

Ox

• 3492 posts
    November 6, 2016 6:18 PM PST

Love to see these brand new ideas. It may not be the first character I make, but I definitely want to try the Archai. It seems to me like the perfect race for a Summoner.

• 12 posts
    December 7, 2016 11:41 PM PST

Finally something fresh that isn't completely ridiculous or poorly thought up as races are so often in other games.  The lore is intriguing and I'm interested to read more into it.  My first reaction to the Archai was that they have a bit of Dark Elvish feel to them yet they seem 'alien' in their own right.  Very original!

This post was edited by kable at December 7, 2016 11:44 PM PST
    • 65 posts
    February 12, 2017 11:13 PM PST
    This race instantly grabbed my attention. I'm thinking they would make an amazing bard, seeing the mention of song in their lore. I just hope bard is ready before launch!
    • 79 posts
    March 22, 2017 8:04 AM PDT

kable said:

Finally something fresh that isn't completely ridiculous or poorly thought up as races are so often in other games.  The lore is intriguing and I'm interested to read more into it.  My first reaction to the Archai was that they have a bit of Dark Elvish feel to them yet they seem 'alien' in their own right.  Very original!

No doubt.  While I think the other races all look good, I was drawn to and hooked with this one.  Any of those classes would be fun too, but Shaman or Druid really calls out to me.

• 3492 posts
    March 22, 2017 9:04 AM PDT

Bazgrim said:

Love to see these brand new ideas. It may not be the first character I make, but I definitely want to try the Archai. It seems to me like the perfect race for a Summoner.

Well I was wrong about Archai being able to be Summoners. But they also seem like they'd make good Shamans, considering elements flow through their bodies, so I'm sure I'll make an Archai Shaman alt at some point :)

• 8 posts
    December 10, 2017 3:20 AM PST

Im in love with the lore and ideas behind this race. After reading all the race info, Archai will be my first and hopefully my main! 

• 262 posts
    January 3, 2018 1:09 AM PST

Archai Paladin! Perhaps they'll develop a close bond with a deity in an expansion...

• 718 posts
    January 9, 2018 1:12 PM PST

Theses seems to have the most gradient of personnalization, with colorfuls and themed aesthetics. Like the presentation artwork shown, I'm waiting to see how much every Archai will look different from each others.

they make me think of the Sylvari from GW2, with a lot of glows, rays and elemental attunement.