Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Any 3ds players out there?

• 563 posts
    July 14, 2016 8:43 AM PDT

I just bought a New Nintendo 3DS XL (Hyrule edition yay!)

I was wondering if there where any good games the community suggested?

I have purchased:

"Rune Factory 4"

"Legend of Zelda Orcarina of Time 3d"

"Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask 3d"

"Pokemon sun / Pokemon Moon" (I got the dual pack limited edition steel book)

Any other game suggestions are very welcome :D

Im thinking about bravely default and bravely second. As well as the fire emblem games.

This post was edited by Rachael at July 14, 2016 11:31 PM PDT
    • 14 posts
    February 4, 2017 3:19 AM PST

You pretty much hit the nail on the head on the titles worth playing.

Unless you want to hit the back catalog of games for the earlier DS.

• 208 posts
    February 4, 2017 7:41 AM PST

Dragon Quest 8. Totally amazing JRPG. I have only played it on PS2, but it just came out on 3ds.

• 97 posts
    February 6, 2017 11:16 PM PST
    I don't know anything about the 3DS version but I can second that DQ8 is an epic console style RPG. It's not a crazy grindy as some other DQ titles but the story is long and engaging. The music is great. Overall a very quality game
    • 363 posts
    February 7, 2017 8:57 AM PST

I love my 3DS and I HIGHLY recommend playing The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds.. I've played every zelda game in the franchise, and ALBW is one of my favorite titles of all time. 

• 2752 posts
    February 8, 2017 12:03 PM PST

It really depends on the type of games you like to play, but I wholeheartedly recommend Fire Emblem games. Wonderful turn based tactics games with pretty decent stories and characters. Many many hours of fun, and the most recent one has 3 full stories (you can play on one armies side, then the others, then an alternate path which you choose no side) with very few if any overlapping/reused maps.