Forums » The Gnomes

Attributes and Classes

• 2585 posts
    January 5, 2017 11:37 AM PST

Beefcake said:

Gnome Dire Lords would be cool, but like the Ogres, I am afraid the heavy armor will cover up the cool look of their bodies.

You like your Ogres to show off a little skin? :P Considering Ogre culture, I think their armor is going to look sweet. The ogre char models look exactly how I would expect them to look. And that look is ugly. Well done, but ugly. I would much rather see their heavy bone-laden metal armor. Gnomes on the other hand look so unique, it would be a shame to cover them up so much that they look like C3PO. If they can wear heavy armor, I hope the beautiful ethereal nature of their "bodies" is still very visible.

Beefcake said:

These pictures of a Gnome with a huge shield leads credence to your hope of Gnome Warriors.

http://pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/4934

Could be a Cleric, but if they can be clerics, they should be able to be Warriors.

I had this same thought. It could be a Cleric. But I'm gonna stick with my original position that a DL is more likely than a Warrior. DL's can use shields too haha

This post was edited by Bazgrim at January 5, 2017 11:38 AM PST
    • 1994 posts
    January 5, 2017 12:06 PM PST

Beefcake said:

I would not want you to be denied your Gnomish Gnomery.

QFT!!!!

• 1566 posts
    January 6, 2017 2:39 PM PST

bluefoxcode said:

They have to allow gnome tanks, otherwise I would gnot be able to create Gnighteyes Gneehigh the Gnome Warrior.  Terminus gneeds him.  Gnever underestimate the sheer terror a tiny gnome with giant sword brings to evil denizens and starts their gnees gnocking.

I found you a lore justification for Gnome Warriors:

"This mineral they named Resivore, for it held deposits of arcane energy, which could be drawn back out and into the very body of a Gnome. The powers and abilities it granted were far beyond any warrior or mage. These wielders of Elos Fire became known as the Archanos."

From the description of the Gnomes.

• 70 posts
    January 6, 2017 3:39 PM PST

Beefcake said:

I found you a lore justification for Gnome Warriors:

"This mineral they named Resivore, for it held deposits of arcane energy, which could be drawn back out and into the very body of a Gnome. The powers and abilities it granted were far beyond any warrior or mage. These wielders of Elos Fire became known as the Archanos."

From the description of the Gnomes.

Sweet!

Dude!

Sweet!

Dude!

• 1994 posts
    January 7, 2017 7:15 AM PST

Nice Beefcake!

• 11 posts
    June 1, 2017 1:27 PM PDT

Well, heres to hope they allow gnome DL's, I played a gnome sk back in EQ, was visually awesome seeing a midget tank fear-casting raid mobs, i loved it, lol.

• 246 posts
    November 3, 2017 4:50 PM PDT

A Wizzy from Sky is a frail but fiery creature,
    Eyes burned red and mobs charred black mere a feature.

• 322 posts
    November 7, 2017 3:50 PM PST

No need for lore, this game is gameplay>lore.

Halflings have the wording of the enchanter class in their race description. Halfling enchanters? no. VR feels it would imabalance gameplay, and it doesn't fit their prejudiced gameplay view of halflings.

Ogres are an extremely war loving race and would have all kinds of use for spies/sabotage, or heavy damage spellcasters. They have also been called much smarter than typical ogres many times. Do they have rogues/wizards? no. VR feels it would imbalance gameplay, and it doesn't fit their prejudiced gameplay view of orges.

Elves have an entire subsection of elves who want to seek out the old ways. Do they have old traditional style classes like cleric? no. VR feels it would imbalance gameplay, and it doesnt fit their prejudiced gameplay view of their elves.

And many many more ways you could potentially justify a class in lore. Lore doesnt matter, if there's lots of fun behind a class/race, VR feels it is balanced, and the class/race combo makes sense to VR based on the class and race as found in other games/stories, along with their own vision, then it will happen.

VR has seen gnome warrior before, it seems like fun, and VR has no problem putting as many warriors as possible into the game because they feel it is very likely that there will be so many warriors it effects balance=). However, these new gnomes are made of cloth, and not any hard substance (even though they are in lore), and so they do not make good warriors. 

This post was edited by BeaverBiscuit at November 7, 2017 4:03 PM PST
    • 2585 posts
    November 9, 2017 7:10 PM PST

BeaverBiscuit said:

No need for lore, this game is gameplay>lore.

Halflings have the wording of the enchanter class in their race description. Halfling enchanters? no. VR feels it would imabalance gameplay, and it doesn't fit their prejudiced gameplay view of halflings.

Ogres are an extremely war loving race and would have all kinds of use for spies/sabotage, or heavy damage spellcasters. They have also been called much smarter than typical ogres many times. Do they have rogues/wizards? no. VR feels it would imbalance gameplay, and it doesn't fit their prejudiced gameplay view of orges.

Elves have an entire subsection of elves who want to seek out the old ways. Do they have old traditional style classes like cleric? no. VR feels it would imbalance gameplay, and it doesnt fit their prejudiced gameplay view of their elves.

And many many more ways you could potentially justify a class in lore. Lore doesnt matter, if there's lots of fun behind a class/race, VR feels it is balanced, and the class/race combo makes sense to VR based on the class and race as found in other games/stories, along with their own vision, then it will happen.

VR has seen gnome warrior before, it seems like fun, and VR has no problem putting as many warriors as possible into the game because they feel it is very likely that there will be so many warriors it effects balance=). However, these new gnomes are made of cloth, and not any hard substance (even though they are in lore), and so they do not make good warriors. 

Not sure where you're getting some of this tbh. I can see where this may be your preference for gameplay to be prioritized over lore, and that's fine, but don't try to pass it off as fact, because it's not true. VR has specifically said:

"Here’s a diagram depicting our initial thoughts for Race and Class combos. This is largely based upon the current lore for each race paired with the flavor for each class" (Source: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/5228/pantheon-class-and-race-combinations/view/page/1 )

and "It is also important to note that many of the lore based decisions on which race can be which class are also dictated to some degree by overall game representations and balance" (Source: http://pantheonmmo.com/newsletter/2017_march_loremaster/ )

They are both very much a factor, but lore governs it first and foremost. That said, the race/class combos are technically subject to change. But their current philosophy is that the lore would have to justify it first. And the lore is more complicated than you may think. You can't just add something into the lore for the sake of a gameplay change and still have the overarching story make sense.

• 5 posts
    November 23, 2017 8:44 AM PST

Gnome Berserker, nothing would be scarrier or funnier. I would main one