Forums » Pantheon Classes

Most Favorite Class Ever Played

• 26 posts
    November 3, 2016 3:06 PM PDT

gofortheko said:

Warhammer - Warrior Priest - Loved the whole good melee damage, to funnel health into the party.

I played a Disciple of Khaine in Warhammer Online. (Which is the Dark Elf version of a Warrior Priest for those of you not familiar with the game). The DoK had a similar but not exact same kit of spells and abilities, and they dual wielded swords instead of a hammer. I really enjoyed the meaningful melee damage as well, with passive healing to your defensive target. It was really a unique idea for a healer class, at least in my experience. There was also an option to gear for pure "caster" and spam a casted group heal that was a bit more like a traditional healer, no single target casted heal though from what I remember.

I was really a big fan of the way Warhammer Online did their classes in general. Each faction (Order and Destruction) had "mirror" classes that were similar, yet had some differences. So it was generally balanced, but each class felt unique and tailored to the race it belonged to. Another good example would be a Chaos Magus vs a Dwarven Engineer. The magus summoned stationary demons and the Dwarf crafted stationary turrets, each serving similar functions.

• 37 posts
    November 14, 2016 7:24 PM PST

Playing most classes at some point i fell in love with my Dark Elf Shadowknight in EQ1. Plate armor taunting and life taps snare dots FD and shadow step. The only thing that comes close after that was a chanter for the CC abilities. 

• 172 posts
    December 5, 2016 7:33 PM PST
    I would have to say my favorite class ever played was the DAOC friar.

You had buffs, heals, and you could dish out a real as whoopin to the stealthers that thought you were a wizard and they were getting an easy gank.. but BAM SURPRISE you get up and de_stroy people with your shifty staff moves
    • 69 posts
    December 9, 2016 9:39 PM PST

Everquest - Woodelf Ranger:  We were garbage prior to Planes of Power but those of us that carried the bow and swords continued to persevere until we came into our own with Endless Quiver and Archery Mastery.  The class has gone from melee to physical ranged back to melee.  THrough all these different phases of the EQ ranger, I always felt happy when logging onto my toon.  Maybe it was the endless "Ranger Down!" comments or the countless hours LFG when we were a horrid DPS class, but those memories of pain really made me grow attached to this underdog class.

• 27 posts
    December 15, 2016 10:25 AM PST
    • Final Fantasy XI: Puppetmaster for incredible pet. You can put your pet together to act like a healer, magic dps, ranged dps, and tank.
    • Anarchy Online: Bureaucrat for charmed pets 
    • Anarchy Online: Engineer for giant robot pets
    • Anarchy Online: Metaphysicist for controlling three summoned pets.
    • Everquest-1: Enchanter for charmed pets
    • Everquest-2: Coercer for charmed pets

• 284 posts
    December 16, 2016 9:49 PM PST

Easily Summoner and Blue Mage in Final Fantasy XI. I would never want Pantheon to try to emulate them, because they are so quintessentially Final Fantasy in concept; but man the act of going out and slaying the avatars to win the chance to summon them, or alternatively going out and hunting down the hundred different beast spells was such an amazing levelling experience.

• 5 posts
    December 17, 2016 7:58 AM PST

Monk in EQ is after all these years and countless games played still my favorite, closely followed by the Vanguard Bloodmage and the EQ enchanter.

-Faranor

• 780 posts
    December 19, 2016 8:32 PM PST

Wood Elf Ranger in EverQuest.  There was a certain pride in being chosen to take the DTs...lol.  I really only played before PoP, and while I'll admit things were rough before Kunark, I was really pleased with my Sizzling Swords of Ownage (also known as Earthcaller and Swiftwind).  Once I got those, I really felt pretty powerful.  I was then able to solo (carefully) for EXP thanks to my slow proc and ridiculous haste.  I also started stacking STR/ATK at that point and found my DPS was pretty good...just hard to DPS when dead, and it took some skill not to pull aggro.  I've long since moved on from Rangers (unless Pantheon's Ranger blows me away), but I'll always remember my first love.

• 2886 posts
    December 20, 2016 7:32 AM PST

Necromancy-specced Cleric in DDO. I loved being able to both give and take life. I was the one that decided who lived and who died. I could kill most mobs before they even had a chance to damage my party, but if they did, I'd be more than capable of recovering the lost health.

• 22 posts
    December 22, 2016 10:48 AM PST

So many MMOs, with so many classes! As I got more and more analytical about classes, I got more stringent on what I enjoyed and what mechanically made a class enjoyable. Was it something that was fun for 15 minutes, or was it fun for hours on end? Was it enjoyable when soloing? What about in groups or raids?

Shadow Knight (EverQuest) – I look back at the class now and groan a little bit, but at the time and with the lore provided, it was great. Even though I ran ranger fan-sites in the past, the shadow knight was my first EverQuest class I played. Having spent countless hours in Diablo, I wanted to play a character in heavy armor, but I also wanted access to spells. I fought so hard to reach level 9 (I was 12 years old at the time), and was so happy when I got my first lifetap. It felt incredible.

Having played on P1999 over the last few years, I still enjoy the class. I can solo fairly well, and I can be useful in a group as either the primary tank or support. Need an off-tank? Need snares and debuffs? Need a puller? I can do those things. Heck, I can do a little bit of damage (bashes for 5 damage). Maybe not the best, but enough to help round out the group.

Dread Knight (Vanguard) – Taking what made the Shadow Knight in EverQuest great and cranking it to 11. Dreadful Countenance was a fantastic mechanic that I hope is replicated in some way for Pantheon. It really embodied the idea of a growing sense of fear in the enemy. Plus, blocking with a two-hander? Way too cool.

Death Knight (World of Warcraft) – Bear with me, WoW haters. Over the last 8 years, I firmly believe that the Death Knight is one of the best produced classes to find itself in an MMO. There are tons of really cool classes when it comes to lore, but many of them just don’t hit the mark when it comes to execution. The idea of a class managing two resource pools is what I loved about Vanguard – endurance and manage. Sure other games had similar features, but it was the player’s choice (typically) to decide what one needs to be used at that very moment. Additionally, managing cooldowns felt rewarding. Mess up? You’re probably going to die. Sure, nothing new when it comes to MMOs but it was the fact I had more than 1 or 2 that made it entertaining. Do I use my big cooldown, or can I use this weaker one for now? Do I need to let up on dealing damage and threat to reactively heal? Do I need to proactively heal by building up an absorption shield? So many options. And for me, options is what makes a game fun. That’s why I fell in love with the original Shadow Knight. I could fit multiple roles, and go about each role slightly differently.

Okay. Aside from “the guy in armor who may be lawful evil”, I also very much enjoyed the

Blood Mage (Vanguard) – As others mentioned, this was truly a unique class. And while I have a large affinity for those knights, the Blood Mage may still be on the top of the list in terms of fun factor. I won’t repeat what others said, but this class was a complete surprise and one of Vanguard’s secret gems.

This post was edited by Faelor at December 22, 2016 10:48 AM PST
    • 160 posts
    December 31, 2016 11:34 AM PST

Bard - EQ1.  I felt like there was nothing I couldn't kill, or at least aggravate with impunity.  I could go almost anywhere and see the sights effortlessly.  It always kept my hands busy.

• 1618 posts
    December 31, 2016 4:11 PM PST

Sith Sorceror in SWTOR. Nothing better than shooting streams of lightning from. Your fricken fingertips. I love the blue-white color of the lightning abilities there. Force Lightning and Lightning Storm were my favorite, although not the most powerful.

• 61 posts
    January 1, 2017 6:21 PM PST

Can't disagree with the Sith Sorc in SWTOR.... looked damn cool.  But I really enjoyed my friar from DAoC.  Basically a bo-staff-wielding, leather-armored, cleric-type toon, but I really like using a staff.  Made me feel like I was playing a less selfish version of Matrim Cauthon from Wheel of Time, not that Matrim was really selfish, he just kind of wanted to be.

• 159 posts
    January 2, 2017 4:07 PM PST
    Eq1: beast lord - group and solo play (so fast leveling soloing cliff golems in the OT in 40s back in the day). Useful pet if played right, great utility, I used to pre-slow in raids while the shaman was maloing to help the healers out. Great raid utility. A good blend of monk melee and shaman debuffs. And if you sucked as one it showed, but if you were good you shined.

Anarchy Online - Trader. Strip stats from your enemies, debugging all their casting and attack skill points making them but like garbage then feeding those same skill points to your group letting them hit so much harder and faster. Minor heals, mez and root helped but the drains....Oh the drains were great.

Vanguard - Disciple. A monk who used skill combos to unlock additional effects like group heals, direct defense Sive target heals, and I believe there was an absorb shield one(?). Challenging class.
    Also in Vanguard...Cleric. omg diety choice FINALLY MATTERED!!! I was a death cleric. I could DPS in death stance then stance dance to heal and back to death mode to nuke and dot . I felt like I wasn't just a heal bot as a cleric for once.
    • 3 posts
    January 2, 2017 4:48 PM PST

Having played Wizardry online on US server till sunset and the Japan server till it's recent sunset (12/20/16) I most enjoyed both Fighter and Bishop classes. This game looks very promising. Can’t wait!!

• 59 posts
    January 3, 2017 9:24 AM PST

Since my favorite game ever made does not have a class system i have to say Blader in Black Desert.. i love mobility in games over everything else so rogue, ninja or monk like chars with mobility is my favorite but its not a common class so i have played alot of necros/warlocks since thats another favorite of mine..