Forums » Pantheon Classes

Combat-Approach and Avoidance tools

• 432 posts
    June 29, 2016 7:45 PM PDT

Hello all,

Something which makes me really happy are in-combat approach or avoidance abilities. Charging, Teleporting, Grappling, Leaping—all of those are trademark abilities which bring me a lot of joy.

What abilities do you think are going to be allocated to each class? I’ve made a list of my favorite ideas.

Cleric: Four pillar of light shields encapsulate the cleric then push out knocking all hostile enemies away

Bard: The bard plays or makes a loud cacophony of sound stunning creatures and slowing them temporarily

Crusader: Charging shield attack which knocks the enemy strait up momentarily.

Druid: Run speed increase with gale-force winds

Dire Lord: A skeletal hand grips the enemy in place and the Dire Lord charges in to execute the target.

Enchanter: Teleport a distance away leaving a clone behind with your threat level. When the clone dies or dissipates your threat returns.

Monk: A flying kick which crosses a large distance.

Ranger: A leaping shot which lets the ranger leap backwards and the shot also knocks an enemy away or slows them.

Rogue: Cloud of summoned shadows or smoke which grants temporary invisibility, gain certain bonuses for a few seconds after you appear.

Shaman: A spiritual totem is put in target location, the next damaging spell cast teleports the target to the location of the Totem (distance restraints of course)

Summoner: shackles are summoned to chain the target to the ground.

Warrior: Leap at the enemy and knock them down.

Wizard: Teleport with a blastzone which stuns or snares enemies.

Those were my thoughts, had fun making these but I am no good at it. What would you like to see for amazing approach/avoidance tools for Pantheon?

You get bonus points for ‘unique’ abilities. Not everyone needs a charge (as much as I love them.)

-Todd

• 690 posts
    November 29, 2016 6:59 PM PST

Hey cool post yea tools like this help alot to make both pve and pvp entertaining.

Summoners could have summons that stun enemies or push them away when summoned.

Someone needs a fire leap, so they go fast or deal fire aoe damage upon landing

Monk flying kick would be a little bit...odd aestetically lol, probably best to give them some sort of charging palm strike.

Dire lord might get a skeletal or spiritual arm which reaches out and grabs the target, either bringing them to it, or the target to them. (totally not stolen from devil may cry)

• 172 posts
    November 29, 2016 7:12 PM PST

I think some of these types of abilities might better suit real time combat like eso or bdo and fast twitch game play, instead of a tab targeted strategy based combat style. Only my small opinion though.

This post was edited by Aayden at November 29, 2016 9:47 PM PST
    • 2886 posts
    December 1, 2016 6:02 AM PST

Aayden said:

I think some of these types of abilities might better suit real time combat like eso or bdo and fast twitch game play, instead of a tab targeted strategy based combat style. Only my small opinion though.

I'm gonna agree with this. As a fan of the MOBA genre (in which these types of abilities are just called engages/disengages) I think most of these are pretty cool ideas. I actually prefer real time action combat. But sadly I just don't think it fits with the overall feel of Pantheon at all.

• 1778 posts
    December 1, 2016 9:16 AM PST
    Yea I agree. Also from a class role standpoint not everyone should be able to do CC and such. I don't have a problem with every class having out of combat support abilities or some dps (some more than others) but I still think not every class should get active support skills just like not every class should tank, heal, or CC.