Forums » Pantheon Races

Factions?

• 62 posts
    June 27, 2016 5:01 PM PDT

Hi guys, I am either completely missing the information or they haven't specified if there are are factions? I am specifically talking about player race factions? I was just curious if there is any information yet.

Like when you pick your own race at creation, is it tied to a faction of races

Thanks!

This post was edited by Kobrashade at June 27, 2016 5:44 PM PDT
    • 234 posts
    June 27, 2016 5:25 PM PDT

Yes, according to the twitch stream.

• 62 posts
    June 27, 2016 5:45 PM PDT

azaya said:

Yes, according to the twitch stream.

Hey Azaya! Thanks for getting that screenshot for me. I'm sorry I meant when you choose your own race at character creation. Will there be factions like WoW horde / alliance, EQ2 Qeynos / Freeport etc.

Sorry for the confusion

• 3 posts
    June 27, 2016 6:47 PM PDT

Man I hope so.  That was the first thing that I implemented for my NWN server.

• 844 posts
    June 28, 2016 3:06 AM PDT

If it's a Brad game, it will have a lot of factions.

• 62 posts
    June 28, 2016 11:35 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Deuce said:

While I am sure that race will impact class... what will be the impact of forming guilds?  Will there be a limitations to what races can be in a guild together due to lore?  As a leader in a very large gaming organization it becomes hard to get everyone to willingly choose certain races so we can all be under the same guild tag.  And while I am bringing that up will there be a maximum guild size that will be implimented?

No, we have no intention to restrict races from guilding with each other, I have never even heard of that happening other than in games like World of Warcraft that has two distinct factions that are opposed and Pantheon is nothing like that.

Think of EQ and VG having an awesome baby with lot's of tweaks and fixes to things that didn't work and polish to things that did, and you basically have Pantheon (I may be slightly simplifying things, but you get the general message ;)).

Check out our FAQ for more information on the game and what we intend to achieve with it, plus the game tenets, features, the Pantheon difference and what is Pantheon links on the left side.

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/game/faqs/

I think this might be the answer.

• 5 posts
    December 9, 2016 3:17 PM PST

Kobrashade said:

Hi guys, I am either completely missing the information or they haven't specified if there are are factions? I am specifically talking about player race factions? I was just curious if there is any information yet.

Like when you pick your own race at creation, is it tied to a faction of races

Thanks!

KOBRA! Did you play WildStar, by chance? A long, long time ago as a joke I'm pretty sure I made a YT video referring to you; singing a parody of a Frozen song, "do you want to play some 2's, Kobra?" 

edit: sorry for the necro, I didn't even realize this thread was months old

This post was edited by nunch at December 9, 2016 3:28 PM PST